You don’t want your children to watch potentially mature content on YouTube. You can use Youtube Restricted Mode. You can turn it on when you need it and turn it off when you don’t.
When you watch a Youtube video, for example, the warning says, “This video is unavailable because Restricted mode enabled.” You must unlock Restricted mode to see this video.
This video will be inaccessible if Restricted mode is enabled. Disabling Restricted mode must be done to watch videos on Youtube mobile app.
You must disable Youtube Restricted before watching. However, you might not be able to off Restricted Mode on YouTube.
How to Enable Restricted Mode on Youtube?
If you haven’t already, go to YouTube.com and log in with your preferred browser.
- In the corner (top right), click on your profile image icon.
- Select the Restricted Mode. The drop-down menu at the bottom.
- The option for Restricted Mode Menu displays.
- To disable Restricted Mode, click the blue toggle next to Activate Restricted Mode.
- After that, the YouTube web page should refresh itself with Restricted Mode disabled.
Methods to Fix “YouTube Restricted Mode Won’t Turn-Off”
- Sign Out From YouTube Account
- Clear The YouTube App Cache
- Restart Your Device
- Clear Browser Cache
- Check Third-party Apps And Services
- Check Your Network Restrictions
- Uninstall Youtube App
- Disable Or Remove The New Browser Add-ons
- Check Your Account Restrictions
- Reinstall The YouTube App
1. Sign Out From YouTube Account
We know you cannot turn Restricted Mode off on your computer, try logging out of your Google account.
- To do so, go to YouTube.com.
- Select the account at the top of the page. Click Sign out when the menu appears.
- Alternatively, go to google.com and click the top-right profile picture icon.
- Sign out as you click the “Sign out” button.
- Your bookmarks and passwords will be deleted from the computer when you check out your Google account.
- Everything will be restored once you sign in again.
2. Clear The Youtube App Cache
If Restricted mode on YouTube’s Android app does not turn off, you should erase the app’s cache and data. While cleaning the cache will not remove any of your personal information. Clearing data will destroy any downloaded videos from the Youtube app. It will also bring the default settings for YouTube.
- Go to Apps in your Android phone’s Settings.
- Under All applications, select YouTube.
- Go to the Storage option and hit the Clear cache button.
- To disable the Restricted mode, follow the procedures outlined above. Try pressing the Clear data/storage button.
3. Restart Your Device
Restricted Mode won’t switch off because of temporary issues on your device. The temporary errors are simple to correct.
All you need to perform is “reboot the device.” You can use this way to try it out, whether you’re using a computer or a mobile device.
4. Clear Browser Cache
Some people report that deleting the browser cache solves the problem. You can give it a shot as well. If you’re using Chrome, you can clear your cache by following these steps:
- Select Tools from the menu bar (three dotted lines in the upper-right corner).
- Select the History option.
- From the left-hand side, select Clear Browsing Data. The Time Range should be set to All Time.
- Select Clear Data after checking Cookies and other site data and Cached pictures and files.
- Close and reopen Chrome on a Windows machine to save your changes. To make the changes take effect on an Apple machine, go to the Chrome menu in the top menu bar and pick Quit.
5. Check Third-party Apps And Services
Install parental control setting software on your computer or phone. Restricted mode on Youtube can also be activated using these methods.
Check for Internet safety software, including anti-virus programs, VPNs, firewalls, and so on. Disable them and reboot the device in question. Check to see if you can disable Restricted mode.
Check for active plug-ins and extensions, especially from video conferencing tools, if the problem occurs in a browser.
6. Check Your Network Restrictions
A variety of network administrator configurations can trigger restricted Youtube mode. If you want to see if this is the case, Google has a website dedicated to it.
You can find out about the limits by going to www.youtube.com/check content restrictions. The Youtube Restricted mode button may be found at the bottom of the page. Youtube Restricted mode can be unlocked by clicking on it.
- If you’re using an ethernet cable to connect to your modem, disconnect it. Instead, use ordinary Wi-Fi to connect your computer.
- Change your internet connection’s DNS server.
- Set your DNS servers to
- Preferred DNS server: 184.108.40.206
- Alternate DNS server 220.127.116.11, which are Google’s DNS servers.
- Choose automated DNS servers as an alternative.
- Restart your router and set it up from the beginning.
7. Uninstall Youtube App
Uninstalling the Youtube app on mobile and tablets also worked to turn the restricted mode off.
- Touch and hold the Youtube app icon on your iPhone or iPad to delete it.
- Select the Uninstall app option.
- Alternatively, Open the Play Store on your Android device and search for YouTube.
- Select Uninstall from the menu. After that, reinstall the Youtube app.
8. Disable Or Remove The New Browser Add-ons
- Open the Extensions, click the menu button at the top right of the browser window, pick More tools, and then Extensions.
- To disable an extension, uncheck Enabled or click the trash can icon next to the extension you wish to remove.
- To see the plugins installed for your browser, type chrome:/plugins into Chrome’s address bar.
- Under the plugin, you want to disable, click the Disable link.
- With this add-on removed, turn “Restricted mode” off.
- Steps should be repeated for each add-on until you locate the one causing the Youtube restricted mode problem.
- Disable that one and enable the others. Click Close when you’re finished.
9. Check Your Account Restrictions
If you’re using a computer from your school, college, university, or other public institution. Turn restricted mode enable, according to the Google support website. To turn off restricted mode, you’ll need to contact them. Similarly, you might not be able to disengage Restricted mode if you’re using a school account.
In addition, if your Google account is linked to the Family Link app, your parent can set your account to Restricted mode.
You won’t be able to turn Youtube restricted mode off on your own. The google family link app allows only a parent to disable Restricted mode.
10. Reinstall The Youtube App
Begin downloading the software. Ensure you have the recent version of the Android operating system. This information is easily accessible through the “Settings” menu.
- To get to the “System” section, go to the bottom of the page and scroll down.
- Select “About phone” from the drop-down menu.
Here you’ll find information on your Android device as well as the OS version it’s running.
YouTube’s system and storage requirements may be found on the app’s Google Play website. So, if your gadget satisfies the criteria, go ahead and download:
- Open the Google Play Store (also known as the Play Market).
- In the Search box, type YouTube.
- To open the app’s page, tap the Youtube app icon.
- Select the Buy option.
- Complete the transaction.
- Select Install.
Methods To Disable Youtube Restricted Mode
- Disabling On Mobile
- To access the Youtube app, tap its icon.
- Sign in if you aren’t already logged in to YouTube. Enter your email address and your password.
- Select the icon for your profile. It’s in the screen’s top-right corner.
- Go to the Settings tab.
- To access the restricted mode settings on Android phones and tablets, tap the General option at the top of the menu.
- Switch to “Restricted Mode” in blue. The image will turn grey, indicating that Restricted Mode is turned off.
- Close the Youtube app and reopen it.
- Disabling On Desktop
- In your browser, go to Youtube.
- In the corner (top-right) of the page, click “Sign In.” Enter your email address and your password.
- Select the icon for your profile.
- At the bottom of the given menu, select Restricted Mode.
- Toggle the “Activate Restricted Mode” toggle switch. Restricted Mode is now disabled.
- The account holder has locked the restricted mode if the toggle switch is greyed out and cannot click it. To unlock restricted mode, you’ll need your account password.
- An administrator most likely enabled the restricted mode. An administrator can only turn off the restricted mode.
- Using A Proxy Website
- You can overcome your Internet restrictions by using one of the many free proxy sites available.
- In the URL search bar on the proxy webpage, type www.youtube.com. It will redirect you to Youtube using a proxy server.
- Press “Enter” or the “Go” or “Search” buttons. It should take you to YouTube’s homepage, where you may search for and watch all Youtube videos.
This page offered you several options to solve “You can’t turn off Restricted Mode on YouTube.” We hope you may discover a method that works for you here.