Roku is a streaming gadget that allows you to turn any television into a smart TV. You can get a lot of streaming apps, such as Youtube, for free.
The Roku gadget does not access Youtube TV. To begin, double-check that the Youtube servers aren’t down.
While this doesn’t happen too often these days, it’s always possible. Check Youtube on other devices, such as your smartphone or laptop, to see whether it’s available.
A brief glitch in the Youtube channel, an obsolete system version, or any other issue can cause a Roku Youtube issue.
Methods To Fix Youtube Not Working On Roku
- Check Your Network Connection
- Update Roku Firmware
- Uninstall And Re-Install YouTube
- Force Restart Roku Device
- Change Your Region
- Check For System Updates
- Lower The Quality Of The Video
- Cast Roku Via Smartphone
- Remove The Channel And Restart The Device
- Try YouTube TV App Instead
1. Check Your Network Connection
Another reason for the Roku YouTube device not working in your network. Your network may be running slowly. The Youtube servers are experiencing trouble interacting with the Roku device.
- To confirm this, use speedtest.net to assess your network’s current upload and download speeds.
- If the test reveals that your network is the source of the issue. Unplug your router’s power cable for 5 to 10 seconds to restart it.
- After that, reconnect the power cable to your router, and it should reboot.
- Run another speed test to make sure your network is working correctly now. If the problem continues, reach your service provider and request that they resolve it.
Reset your Network Connection
The network data on the device is corrupted. Any online software or service would be unable to create a successful connection with it. The network connection would have to be reset.
- Navigate to Settings, then System.
- Select Advanced system options from the drop-down menu.
- Then select Reset Network Connection.
- The procedure will now begin and should take only a few moments.
- Reconnect Roku to your wireless network once it’s finished.
- Then check to see whether the YouTube TV app not working on the Roku problem has been resolved.
2. Update Roku Firmware
It is continuously recommended that to use the most recent version of the software. Developers fix underlying problems and improve system stability with each subsequent version. So, if you haven’t checked for or installed an update in a long time, now is the time to do it. After updating the Roku devices’ firmware, check YouTube not working issue.
Troubleshooting the Youtube TV app on a Roku device that isn’t working.
- Go to Settings (press * on home screen), then System, and finally System Update.
- Check now is the option. If there are some incomplete updates, download and install them as soon as possible.
- After that, restart the TV to see whether the Youtube TV app is not working on the Roku devices issue has been resolved.
3. Uninstall And Re-Install YouTube
Check if the error has been fixed by starting the Youtube app. The error message may imply a storage space issue. Numerous Youtube users have found that uninstalling solved the problem. Install the Youtube app after uninstalling it.
- On your Roku remote, press the Home button.
- Use the navigation switch to pick the channel you want to eliminate, which in this example is Youtube.
- Access the settings menu, and press the Star (*) button (on the home screen) on the Roku remote.
- Choose the option to remove the channel. When prompted to confirm the action, choose Yes.
- Wait for your device’s Youtube app to be uninstalled.
- Restart your Roku device once it has been uninstalled.
- To restart your system, go to Settings, System, then System Restart.
- Install Roku from the channel shop after rebooting the device.
- On your Roku remote, press the Home button.
- Select Streaming Channels from the drop-down menu.
- The Channel Store will open as a result of this.
- Select Add Channel from the Youtube menu.
- Wait for the Youtube app to be installed on your device.
4. Force Restart Roku Device
If Youtube’s servers are up and running, the next step is to restart your Roku device. Its operating system may have had temporary difficulties, which should be resolved with a simple restart. Any temporary issues preventing the apps from starting can be determined by forcing the Roku device to reset. If the problem remains, move on to the next step.
To force your Roku Device to restart, follow the steps below.
- Start by pressing the Home button five times on your Roku control.
- Then press the Up arrow once and twice on the Rewind button.
- Finally, hit the Fast Forward button twice to start the system restart.
- Wait for your Roku device to finish restarting, which should only take a few seconds.
5. Change Your Region
You believe the problem is isolated to your region or location. Manually change your region to connect with other regional servers may be the solution. Your area’s dedicated server may be down for maintenance.
- To begin, open Youtube in your browser and navigate to the video you wish to watch.
- Go to the URL box and highlight the word “www.”
- Finally, replace it with ‘ca’ and reload the website by using the Enter key.
Try playing the video again to check whether the problem with the Youtube video playback is resolved.
6. Check For System Updates
The Youtube app may be incompatible with the Roku OS version installed on your device. It causes it to break down. Check for system upgrades since Roku may have issued a newer version that addresses the issue.
- To upgrade your Roku device, follow the steps below.
- Go to the Settings page on your device and select the System option.
- Now pick System Update from the drop-down menu.
- After that, select Check Now from the drop-down menu.
- Finally, to install the latest version of Roku OS on your device, follow the on-screen prompts.
- After updating your device, return to Youtube or Youtube TV to see if the app is working correctly.
7. Lower The Quality Of The Video
Your internet connection may be preventing Youtube videos from playing. You could be watching a video with a resolution of 1080p or more excellent.
It’s possible that your internet is having trouble keeping up with the bandwidth demand.
You can adjust the resolution of a video on a mobile device by doing the following:
- To begin, go to the Youtube video you want to watch.
- Select Quality from the More menu within the video controls.
- Finally, reduce the resolution of the video to 720p or below.
Solution for people who are using a browser.
- Open the Youtube video you wish to watch in your browser.
- Now, under the video controls, click on the Gear icon.
- Finally, go to Quality and set it to 720p or below.
8. Cast Roku Via Smartphone
Suppose the preceding collection of circumstances does not imply success. Then you might want to think about casting Youtube TV from your phone. Using your Roku control, go to the Youtube App.
9. Remove The Channel And Restart The Device
A brief glitch in the Youtube TV app channel, an obsolete system version, or any other issue can cause Youtube not to work on Roku.
- To get to the channel tile, click on it.
- Remove the channel by pressing the * button on your remote.
- Select System from the menu, then System Restart.
- Add the channel again after your device has restarted.
- It should take care of the Youtube TV app problem.
10. Try YouTube TV App Instead
The YouTube TV app is intended for use on a streaming device such as the Roku. You can add it to your device by searching for it in the Streaming Channels tab. Then, to make the app appear on your homepage, click Add Channel.
The Youtube TV app is far superior to the Youtube mobile app for many people. There aren’t many variations between the two when utilizing your Roku, but you can still watch all of your favorite Youtube videos.
Depending on the Roku you’re using, you might be able to view Youtube TV directly from your regular app.
You can get Youtube to work on your Roku in a variety of ways. If it is currently not working, you can attempt the solutions listed above to resolve the issue.
Why Has The Youtube App Stopped Working?
You’ve updated the Youtube TV, and it’s still not working. The next option is to delete the cache. When you clear an app’s cache, it removes all of its data, including any custom settings. On your device, tap the ‘Settings’ icon. Scroll down to find ‘Youtube’ under ‘Apps.’
Can You Watch Youtube On Roku TV?
Owners with Roku devices can continue to use the Youtube TV app that they already have. The content can’t be downloaded again if the Roku TV is replaced or the content is deleted. Most Android phones can use the built-in screen mirroring on Roku. If you don’t have an Apple device, you can instead use Windows PCs.
Why Can’t I Update My Youtube App?
If you can’t upgrade your app, it’s most likely because your Android OS version doesn’t support the latest Youtube TV app. Update your Android OS to ensure you have access to the most recent Youtube app for Android.