Blizzard’s Battlenet is an online gaming platform. Through it, you can buy, play, and download many games like World of Warcraft, Hearthstone, CoD Cold War, Diablo4, Overwatch, and others. Sometimes,
Fixes for the ‘You Have Been Disconnected from Blizzard Services’ Error Message
- Check Your Internet Connection
- Check If the Issue is on Your Side or if the Server is Down
- Reset or Reboot Your Network Devices
- Reset Your IP Address and Flush your DNS
- Move from Wireless to Wired Internet
- Reset Your Game’s User Interface
- Close All Other Applications
- Update Windows or macOS
- Clear Battlenet Cache
- Allow Blizzard through Your Firewall or Antivirus
- Install Blizzard Again
Fix 1: Check Your Internet Connection
The easiest method of checking your internet connection is to open your browser and go to Google. If it opens, your internet is working. Move to fix 2 and onward. If your internet is not working, you found the problem. See if your internet plan is active and try the network-related fixes mentioned in this guide.
Fix 2: Check If the Issue is on Your Side or if the Server is Down
Before trying other fixes, determine that the error is actually on your side. Sometimes, a Blizzard error means that the server is slow or down. To find out if it’s just you or the server itself is offline, visit the Twitter account of Blizzard and your game’s service status page. For this, search on Google “[game name] service status page”. Once you have confirmed that the servers are online, move to the next fix.
Fix 3: Reset or Reboot Your Network Devices
Your network card and devices may include a router and/or a modem.
- Plug out the switch from your network device. If it runs on a battery, press the power off button and remove the battery if it’s removable.
- Keep it off for 1-2 minutes.
- Power it back on.
- Restart your PC.
Fix 4: Reset Your IP Address and Flush DNS
Your IP address is like your internet number and DNS is used to convert the names of sites to their actual address that is in numbers. IP addresses and DNS addresses are stored for quicker access, but sometimes they get corrupted. You never know when this happens, so we’ll reset the IP address and flush DNS to see if it solves your problem.
- Click the ‘Start’ button and type cmd or press the window button on your keyboard and type cmd.
- Select ‘Run as administrator’. If Windows asks for permission, click Yes.
ipconfig/releaseand hit enter.
- After this, type
ipconfig/renewand press enter.
- Then type
- Close the command prompt and connect to Battlenet.
Fix 5: Move from Wireless to Wired Internet
Many times, the You have been disconnected from Blizzard services WoW error shows up due to a slow internet connection or wireless internet. If you have a modem and/or router and you connect your PC through its Wi-Fi signals, consider plugging your PC’s internet cable directly into the modem.
A wired connection is always more stable so it might solve the problem. Moreover, make sure you aren’t downloading anything while playing the game.
Fix 6: Reset Your Game’s User Interface
If your game’s user interface is corrupted, it will show the You have been disconnected from Blizzard services error code. Resetting it may solve the connection issue. It works for all the games on battlenet.
- Close your game.
- Uninstall addons manager if you have it installed.
- Go to battlenet and select your game like World of Warcraft or Hearthstone.
- Click the Settings icon beside the Play button. A list would appear.
- Select ‘Show in Explorer’. It will open the games folder.
- Go to your game’s folder.
- Select between the folders ‘_retail_’ or ‘_classic_’ depending on the game version you are playing.
- Now find these three folders: Cache, Interface, and WTF. Rename these folders and add the word ‘Old’ to each one of them without spacing like this: ‘CacheOld’.
- Restart your PC and play the game.
Fix 7: Update Drivers to Fix You Have Been Disconnected from Blizzard Services WoW Classic
Outdated drivers can interfere with network connectivity among other things. Follow these steps to update your drivers:
- Click the Start button and go to ‘Settings’ that is right above the ‘Power’ button.
- Click ‘System’.
- Scroll down and select ‘About’.
- Click ‘Device Manager’ on the right side.
- Select the device you want to update. Right-click on it and select ‘Update driver’.
- Click ‘Search automatically for drivers’.
Fix 8: Close All Other Applications
Multitasking while gaming may result in game crashes and network errors. If you’re getting disconnected from the Blizzard gaming application often, close all other applications and downloads, and play the game again.
Fix 9: Update Windows or macOS
Update Microsoft Windows
- Go to Start and choose ‘Settings’ above the ‘Power’ button.
- Select ‘Update & Security’.
- Click ‘Check for Updates’.
Update Apple macOS
- Go to the Apple menu and select ‘System Preferences’.
- Click ‘Software Update’ to check for updates.
- If any updates are available, they will be visible. Click ‘Update Now’.
Fix 10. Clear Battlenet Cache
- Close the game and open File Explorer.
- Go to Local Drive C: > Program Data.
- Find a folder with the name ‘Battle.net’ and delete it.
- Restart your PC and run the game again.
Fix 11. Allow Blizzard through Your Firewall or Antivirus
Your Windows Firewall or any third-party firewall installed on your computer could be blocking Blizzard from functioning.
- Click the arrow button on the notification area and click the shield icon.
- Select ‘Firewall & network protection’
- Click ‘Allow an app through firewall’.
- See if the app ‘Steam’ is checked. If not, click ‘Change settings’ and then OK.
If ‘Steam’ is not included in the list, click Change settings > Add another app > Browse the app > Add > OK.
Fix 12: Install Blizzard Again
The Blizzard application could be malfunctioning due to which you are seeing the server disconnection error message. Uninstall the Blizzard gaming application and download a new setup file from its official site for installation.
There are various reasons for the error You have been disconnected from Blizzard services Modern Warfare. Try the above-mentioned fixes one by one to solve the connection issue.