The most annoying thing one can encounter is when the game fails to launch or load. But, you can’t deny the fact that it’s a sign that something’s wrong with your console. Thus, instead of getting annoyed, you should fix the problem as soon as possible.
Not sure how to do that? Well, do not worry, as the guide ahead will provide you with all the possible solutions to the Xbox One won’t launch games error. So, let’s not waste your time and come right to the point!
Fixes For Games Won’t Load Or Launch On Xbox
- Restart Your Console
- Clean-up The Games Cache
- Do Factory Reset
- Reboot The Application
- Check The Connection
- Verify The Status Of Xbox Services
- Re-add Your Profile On The Console
Solution For Xbox One Games Won’t Launch
1. Restart Your Console
The easiest way to solve loading issues is to reboot your console. Most of the time, firmware handles the launching or loading of the game. Thus, restarting the console will stop the technical glitches. So, follow these steps to restart the console:
- Long press the Xbox button till the LED light closes. Once the light is off, you can release the button.
- After a minute, turn the power on off of your console. To do so, repeat the above step of long-pressing the Xbox button.
- The green boot-up animation of Xbox will appear on the screen. If it doesn’t appear, then it means that the reboot was unsuccessful. Thus, you need to repeat the first two steps.
- Once you have powered on your console, open the game that was unable to launch. This time it should launch without any errors.
Make sure that you have performed the steps in the correct manner. If the problem still persists then, try out the other methods mentioned ahead.
2. Clean-up The Games Cache
Sometimes saved games cause a minor technical glitch in the application. Due to this reason, the system gets overloaded, and you might face trouble while loading a game. Thus, you can fix this error by clearing out the saved games on the application.
Also, do not worry about the games that you have saved on the cloud. You can rest assured that your game files will remain intact. But still, before proceeding, ensure that you have backed-up all the game files in the cloud.
If some of the games are not backed up, then you must back them up first. To save the games, follow these steps:
- Open Settings and select the System option.
- Open the Storage from the System and select the Games option.
- A list of games will appear on the screen; select the ones that you want to back up.
- Tap on the Move option and click on the Cloud Saved Games.
Now that you have safeguarded the games that you wish to play in the future, follow these steps to clear the game’s cache:
- Launch the Xbox application and from the dashboard, open the Settings.
- From the Settings, go to the System.
- Open the Storage tab and tap on the Clear local saved games.
- Once you complete the process, your console will restart by default.
- After your console turns on, relaunch the game again.
- You will see that the syncing process will start by default to back up the saved data. Wait for the process to complete.
After the process, launch the game. This time it should load without any error.
If cache clearing doesn’t work, you can try the other options mentioned in this article.
3. Do Factory Reset
Factory reset removes the corrupted or harmful data from the system. Likewise, you can perform a soft factory reset on your console to free it from harmful files. Not to mention, many users have stated that it helped in solving the issue.
Also, soft factory reset is a process that only clears unwanted and corrupted data. Thus, you need not worry about the large game files that you have saved, as they will remain as it is. To do a soft factory reset on your console, follow these simple instructions:
- Open your console and click on the Xbox button. This action will launch the guide menu.
- Now open the Settings from the System and select the System option from there.
- Once you open the System option, you will see the Console Info option. Tap on it.
- Now select the Reset console option.
- Several options will appear on the screen, look for the Reset and keep my games and apps option and select it.
After the process is complete, your console will reboot by default. Once it turns on, relaunch the game that you were trying to load. This time it should open without any interruption or error.
4. Reboot The Application
One of the quickest ways to overcome the loading error is to reboot the application. By restarting the application, you end the technical issue right then and there. But, it only works in cases where there is a minor glitch. So, to restart the application, follow these instructions:
- Before proceeding, ensure and check where your application is. It could be placed on the Home screen or in the recent tiles that you have used.
- Once you find the placement of the application, use your controller to highlight it.
- Keep in mind that you only have to highlight the app and not select it. Now from your controller, open the Menu.
- From the menu, select the Quit option, if visible. But if you can’t find that option, it means that the app is not active. In that case, open the recently used tiles.
- If you can’t find the app in recently used tiles, then go to My games and apps and launch the app again.
The above steps will relaunch the application. Now try to open the game again.
5. Check The Connection
It is quite clear that network connection is the key element while playing games online. Also, if you have a weak internet connection, then the game’s loading might get delayed. To check whether it’s your connection that’s the cause of the problem, follow these steps:
- Launch Guide Menu by tapping on the Xbox button.
- Open Profile & System and go to its Settings.
- From the Settings, click on the General option.
- Now go to the Network Settings. Also, see the Current Network Status to check your internet service status.
- Choose the Test network connection to test your connection. Once the process is complete and the test is successful, your Xbox one will get connected to the services.
After you have restored the connection, relaunch the game that you were trying to load.
6. Verify The Status Of Xbox Services
Sometimes Xbox services are under maintenance. As a result, you can’t load games. So, it’s essential to check the status of the current services provided to you by Xbox. Also, overwhelming traffic online could be the reason too. So you can visit the support page of Xbox to check the status. If there is a service issue, then you will have to wait till it’s sorted. But till then you play in offline mode. To do so, follow the instructions below:
- Launch the guide menu by clicking on the Xbox button.
- Open the Settings and select the System option and open its Settings.
- Now, click on the Network option and select the Network Settings.
- From the Network Settings, click on the Go Offline option.
This should do the trick for now so that you can enjoy your gaming session offline. But, do not forget to go through the same steps and select the Go online option to play online. Also, enabling the Go online option is crucial for syncing the saved game.
7. Re-add Your Profile On The Console
If the problem resides in your Xbox’s profile, then you can solve the issue by re-adding your profile. But to do so, you also need to remove your profile first. So to remove your profile, follow these steps:
- Open the guide menu by pressing the Xbox button.
- Go to the Settings of Profile & System.
- From the Settings, select the Account option and tap on Remove Accounts.
- Name of the accounts will display on the screen. Choose the one which is causing you trouble during the gameplay.
- Ensure that you have selected the correct account and then tap on the Remove option.
The above steps will help you in removing your profile. Once you remove the profile, you need to download your profile to re-add it. Follow the given steps to add the removed profile:
- Long press the Xbox button to launch the guide menu.
- From the guide menu, again go to Profile & System.
- In Profile & System, look for the Add or switch option and tap on it.
- Now choose the Add new option.
- Finally, enter your profile’s credential like your email and password
- You can also click on Get a new account if that’s what you want. Once you select the option, you can follow through with the instructions that follow.
After you have created a new account or re-added your profile, try to launch the game again.
Conclusion – My Games Won’t Load On Xbox One
Now that you know all the quick fixes that can come in handy, you can enjoy your gaming sessions without errors. But, if these solutions do not fix your problem, then you need to take your console to the service center. Besides, there could be internal damage that a professional can repair.
FAQs – xbox one won’t launch games
Why Won’t Games Load On Xbox One?
There could be several reasons behind this error. The most prominent ones could be the weak connection or corrupted game files. It is also possible that Xbox services are undergoing maintenance. As a result, you might be experiencing technical issues.
Why Won’t Games Download On Xbox One?
If your console is unable to download games, you might not be using the latest version. Thus, check whether your console is up-to-date or not. Another reason could be that the saved games file got corrupted.
Why Do You Have To Download Disc Games On Xbox One?
Sometimes the disc is not compatible enough to run smoothly. As a result, to enjoy an uninterrupted gaming session, it’s best to download the disc games. Also, running the game straight out from the disc could damage both the console and the disc.
Why Can’t I Play My Games Offline On Xbox One?
The only reason that you are unable to enable Go offline feature is a weak network connection. In simple words, if you are not online, you can’t change your Xbox one’s setting. Thus, you need to have an active internet connection to enable or alter a setting.