Xbox one console is a one of the best home video console gaming series introduced by Microsoft in 2013. It is the successor of earlier version Xbox 360 and third in the series of Xbox consoles. Playing games on Xbox One is an excellent experience for all the gamers who love to spend time on high graphics, smooth and entertaining games.
Playing on Xbox one is fun, but if some error occurs in the gameplay, it can make you lose your temper and destroy your gaming enthusiasm. One of such problems that may occur is with Xbox one party chat disconnected error. This problem is not encountered with you only but also with many Xbox one lovers.
To resolve the problem, there are several methods you can try. Some of them are given below:
Reconnect your Xbox One Console
Xbox one console requires many temporary files to run smoothly, so it stores all these files in its cache memory. These stored files help Xbox one console to load files quickly, but cache files with the error may cause this problem by loading defective files. To solve the problem best is to delete the cache memory. After deletion, a new file error is resolved with new updated files when the files are downloaded. To fix Xbox console:
- Press and hold the prime power button of the Xbox One console until it shuts-off.
- After the Xbox console is turned off, unplug the plug from the socket.
- Keep the Xbox one unplugged for more than 2 minutes; this will clear the stored cache.
- Plug Xbox one into the socket and wait until it fully restarts.
- After doing that, check if you can connect chat in the Xbox one console.
Check if your NAT is set to Open
Network Address Translation (NAT) is a science that permits you to connect multiple devices to the internet at the same moment while having only one physical connection to your Internet Service Provider (ISP).
To fix the problem with party chat in Xbox one console, make sure that your system network settings that your NAT option is set to “Open.” There are three different types of NAT available: 1. Strict 2. Moderate, and 3. Open, to enjoy playing in online multiplayer mode; you need to set NAT type to “Open.”
It is noted here that all the chat members should have changed the mode of their network NAT to open in their respective devices. If your and your member’s NAT type is in the Moderate or Strict mode, then you need to set it to Open. You can perform that by forwarding the ports, using a demilitarized zone (DMZ) or Universal Plug and Play (UPnP).
Port forwarding through DMZ and UPnP are advanced features; make sure to check your router’s instructions before performing the port forwarding manual for detailed instructions.
To set your network type to “open,” follow the instruction given below.
- First, open your router settings by logging into the router. (instructions might be written on the back of your router or type www.routerlogin.com in your browser.
- Navigate to the UPnP menu in your router settings. (This action varies between models, so search accordingly on your router. If UPnP isn’t available, go for port forwarding.)
- Enable UPnP and save.
- Open the “Settings” tab on your device window.
- Select the Network tab in the opened window.
- Select the Test NAT type tile. (Now, you should have Open NAT on your Xbox One.)
Your Network Settings might be Blocking Party Chat 0X89231806
It is common to encounter communication-related issues when you are playing multiplayer games on consoles like Xbox One. One such problem is the chat error 0x89231806. Generally, this technical glitch is shown as the message ‘Your Network Settings Are Blocking Party Chat 0X89231806’ on your screen.
The leading cause behind it is the conflict between “Microsoft IPv6Server” and “Teredo adapter.” Besides, firewall, home router, or even the ISP can be the cause behind this error.
If you face the same issue, you can follow the below steps to fix xbox.
Step-1 Deactivate VPN-Type Programs
Any VPN types network settings may also be the reason for causing this Error code 0x89231806 on the Xbox One gaming console.
Several notorious VPNs programs can be the main culprit behind the issue. Try to either disabling or uninstalling the applications that use your network settings to create proxy networks.
Restart your console after disabling or uninstalling VPN programs. When it restarts once again, check out if the party chat feature works correctly or network settings are Blocking Party Chat still there. In case it doesn’t work, then move to the next set of troubleshooting steps.
Step-2: Deactivate Any Third-Party Firewall
Before you start with the other troubleshooting steps linked to the issue, have a look at whether any third-party firewall on your device is blocking party chat feature. You can check this quickly.
Try disabling the device firewall for some time and notice whether the party chat feature works or not. If there is no change in the function and network settings are Blocking Party Chat problem persists, follow the below corrective steps.
Step-3: Switch to an Alternative IPv6 Server
When the above two listed methods fail to resolve the issue, as a last resort, you can try switching the existing IPv6 server to a new one and check if it works.
1. Cancel out the Xbox app and all the associated programs.
Open up the Windows start bar (bottom left corner of the screen). Or you can simply search cmd in the search bar. Go to the command prompt. Right-click on it and click on ‘Run as Administrator.’
2. Ensure that you are running all the commands in the elevated CMD. When you see the elevated command prompt on the screen, input the command netsh int ipv6 set teredo client teredo.trex.fi.
3. Click on the “Xbox” app and try to join a chat. If this task is performed easily, that signifies that the party chat problem is resolved.
4. If the issue still there and the network settings Are Blocking Party Chat not resolved, try using Re-Image Repair Tool. This tool scans your system’s repositories and replaces any missing or corrupt file which could be behind this failure issue.
Change the privacy settings in the Xbox console chat settings
To prevent any random member from connecting through chat, the Xbox console has a special feature to allow only permitted individuals through chat. According to some Xbox one console users, you can fix this problem by simply adding your friend to your “allowed list.”
To perform this, you need to select a circle.
Rate it as 100 percent and enter its name and select on apply.
After doing the above, the problem of network settings are blocking Party Chat may be resolved.
Turn on Energy-saving mode
According to users who have experienced chat disconnected problems have shared how stand-by mode in Xbox one console, which comes as default in Xbox one. Xbox one comes in an instant ON option. It is easy to fix “Network settings by blocking party chat error” simply by turning on Xbox one console in Energy-saving mode.
This feature makes it possible to expeditiously start the Xbox one console, but it comes with some minor problems which may appear once in a while. It is sometimes evident that this feature may create problems with your NAT, but you can easily fix the problem by simply turning on Energy-saving mode.
Enabling in energy-saving mode will slow down Xbox one a little bit due to less consumption of power, but it will most probably resolve the issue of party chat disconnection. By turning on Energy-saving, your Xbox One console will switch-off completely and use almost no electric power or negligible power while it’s turned off. Use the Menu button on the controller of Xbox One (learn everything about your controller from this complete guide).
- Then Go to Settings, then Power & startup.
- In the Power Options section, select the Power mode and press the A button on the controller.
- Now select the Energy-saving option.
Do a Speed Test
The slow speed of the internet increases the latency of the network, Interrupting party chats connection. To enjoy party chat while playing games, it is very important to have a good internet connection. You can easily check your network connection and latency by following the below-given steps:
- On your controller, press the Xbox button to open the guide.
- Go to Profile & system.
- Select the Settings tab.
- Select General.
- Into “General,” select Network settings.
- Select Test network speed & statistics.
After checking speed, do a quick review of network settings. If your Xbox One console has shallow Upload and Download speeds, this might be why the party chat won’t switch to in-game chat promptly.
You need to contact and have a conversation with your ISP regarding low-speed and latency. This problem can be solved by the ISP only, or you can check if other devices are not diverting your internet data to perform other tasks or have a look at network settings.
Or you can simply search on google speed test to check your connection speed.
After performing all the above tasks, it is most likely that your problem of Xbox one party chat disconnected or Settings are Blocking Party Chat will be resolved.