The Xbox 360 controller is the primary gaming controller for Microsoft’s Xbox 360 home video game console that was debuted at E3 2005. If you got the Xbox 360 controller stuck on player 2 PC, this is the right place for you to fix this issue. We have got all the solutions you will possibly need to address this issue.
FIX: Xbox controller goes to player 2 on PC
- Remove a specific controller driver from the list.
- Start the troubleshooter.
- Update Windows to the most recent build.
- Connect the Xbox 360 Controller for Windows once again.
- Reboot your computer and look for the controller Immediately.
Remove a specific controller driver from the list.
- First and foremost, launch Control Panel.
- To verify those settings, go to the Hardware and Sound section and select View Devices and Printers.
- You’ll see two options: Xbox 360 controller for Windows and Xbox 360 Wireless controller — eliminate the first one.
- Now, unplug the controller labeled “Player.”
- It’s time to reconnect your controller to test if everything worked.
Start the troubleshooter.
- To begin, launch Control Panel.
- Navigate to the Hardware and Sound area, then choose View Devices and Printers.
- Now, right-click on the Xbox 360 controller for Windows and select Troubleshoot.
All you have to do is wait for the procedure to finish and then check to see whether it made any modifications. The device’s error message may have ceased responding, causing your controller to switch to player one.
Update Windows to the most recent build.
Microsoft, as you are aware, will deliver several Windows updates on a regular basis. These updates include a slew of new drivers and fixes that may help to resolve the Windows 10 Xbox controller player 2 problems. You may give it a go here.
- In the search box, type checks for update and then choose the top result from the context menu.
- In the Settings box, on the right pane, click the Check for Update option.
- If any updates are available for your PC, Windows will install them automatically.
After rebooting, check to see whether the Xbox 360 controller stuck on player 2 PC issue has been resolved.
Connect the Xbox 360 Controller for Windows once again.
In rare circumstances, uninstalling a specific controller driver and reconnecting the Xbox 360 controller might resolve “Xbox controller stuck on player 2.” Now, proceed as follows:
- Launch the Control Panel app and navigate to the Hardware and Sound area, then select View Devices and Printers.
- If you see Xbox 360 controllers for Windows and Xbox 360 Wireless controllers, right-click the former and choose to Remove the device from the context menu.
- After you’ve deleted the Xbox 360 controller, unplug the controller labeled Player 2.
Now, reconnect your Xbox 360 controller and check to see whether the Xbox 360 controller is stuck on player 2 in Windows 10.
Reboot your computer and look for the controller Immediately.
- Restart your computer while the controller is attached.
- Following a successful system reboot, immediately seek for a connection with the controller, causing the four lights to flicker.
- When Windows boots up, the controller should be connected to the player one.
Some games fail to recognise controllers plugged in after the game has been launched. If you’re hosting your desktop through the Computers option, restart the game to be sure this isn’t the case. If you’re hosting on Arcade, you can’t resume the game since the Arcade session ends with it, therefore that game may not be available on Arcade.
If the host is utilizing the Computers tab and has Settings > Host > Virtual Gamepad Type set to Dualshock 4, the game you’re attempting may not operate properly.
Keep it as Xbox 360 and restart Parsec from the tray bar if you don’t have a special need to utilise it. Guests’ controllers will continue to function properly regardless of whatever controller they use.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Can I Repair My Xbox 360 Controller On My Computer?
To repair the blinking Xbox 360 Controller, just detach it and reconnect it to your computer. According to users, this technique works if you have a wired Xbox 360 controller, but if you have a wireless Xbox 360 controller, you have to disconnect your Bluetooth receiver and reconnect it.
What Is The Problem With My Wireless Xbox 360 Controller?
You might be having an issue with the batteries or the controller itself. Check that the batteries are charged or changed before attempting to turn it on again. Also, ensure that your controller is correctly connected to your system by clicking the sync button on both your controller and your console.
Why Is My Xbox Controller Acting As A Player 2 PC?
Click View Devices and Printers in the Hardware and Sound section. Remove the Xbox 360 controller from your Windows PC. Disconnect the controller labeled “Player 2.” Reconnect your controller to test whether it works.
How Do You Make Your Xbox Controller Primary?
To switch the controller back to the other device, hold the sync button. The Xbox logo should flash rapidly for a few seconds before connecting to your device. To return it to your console, double-tap the sync button.