Email has been around for a long time, and the number of popular email providers hasn’t changed much over that time. Gmail is by far the most popular service, but many more minor email services cater to specific needs.
Microsoft is well-known for phasing out some of its most popular apps in newer, less stable versions. Users still adore and seek out Windows Live Mail apps.
What Are The Windows Live Mail Features?
Create your Schedule
- You may use Windows Live to create a timetable for upcoming events, which might be helpful for your friends and family as well.
- You may sync these events with your WLM account, and you can also set a reminder for them. The calendar can also be edited when you’re offline.
Intuitive & Customised Interface
- The “Ribbon” feature, which shows the icons for switching from account to account, is the most similar interface to other Microsoft products.
- The home tab provides access to all email functionalities. When zooming in on a text, use the View tab.
- Other settings can be found on the left panel, and a little calendar can be found on the right. You can modify the panels by changing the color of your account, tweaking the sort order, turning on talking mode, and filtering text.
Free of charge
The freeware version of Windows Live Mail is accessible for Windows 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems on laptops and PCs and is available for all software users as a free download. It falls within the genre of email software.
Email accounts with multiple addresses.
- Manage several email accounts. The WLM allows you to send and receive emails simultaneously from several accounts.
- The application works with Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo, Outlook, and various other email clients.
- The app’s advantage is that you can handle your emails even when you’re not connected to the internet.
- With a wide range of apparatus compatibility, the app is especially well-suited to Windows 10, 8.1, and 8, the most common operating systems for running the app smoothly and dependably.
- It also necessitates a 32-bit and 64-bit setup.
How To Install The Windows Live Mail On Windows 10
- How To Switch From Windows Live To Outlook?
- Steps To Install Windows Live In Windows 10
- Steps To Set Up And Configure Windows Live Mail In Windows 10
How Do I Move From Windows Live Mail To Outlook?
You can always switch to Outlook if downloading a specific update (KB3093594) and setting up Windows Live Mail takes too long.
All of your Windows Live Mail data, including contacts, messages, and attachments, may be effortlessly exported to your new Outlook account.
Steps To Install Windows Live Mail In Windows 10
Windows Live Mail is included in Windows Essentials, a collection of Microsoft software that launched with Windows 7. Photo Gallery, Movie Maker, OneDrive, and, of course, Windows Live Mail are all included. To get live mail, download Windows Essentials.
Follow these steps to install Windows Live Mail (as part of Windows Essentials):
- To begin, download the Windows Live Essentials 12 web setup. The setup file is around 2 MB and works with both 32-bit and 64-bit systems.
- The most recent version of Windows Live Essentials is 2012, and Microsoft has not updated the program since then.
- Previously, installing Windows Live and using it usually on Windows 10 was sufficient, but that is no longer the case.
- Microsoft has recently made some modifications to its Outlook, Hotmail, Live, and MSN services, and you’ll need to apply a specific update to keep them running.
- So, after you’ve installed Windows Live, go to download and delete Update KB3093594, which will enable you to use Windows Live on Windows 10.
- If this link does not work, you can use some third-party websites to download it.
- Following that, you’ll see a screen with all of your programs pre-selected. To begin the installation process, uncheck all apps except Mail and click the Install button.
- The notification “Windows Live Essentials is installed” will appear once the Mail software has been successfully installed.
- After installing Live Mail in Windows 10, you must install the Microsoft update to continue using it without problems on Windows 10.
- Even though Windows 10 allows you to run and use Windows Live.
- Microsoft encourages customers to use the built-in universal Mail program, and support for Windows Live Mail 2012 may be phased off in the future.
Steps To Set Up And Configure Windows Live Mail In Windows 10
- From the Start menu, locate and start Windows Live.
- The dialogue box to add your email accounts will appear automatically. If not, go to the Accounts tab and select Email from the drop-down menu.
- Fill in the email address and password to be added to Live Mail. To add the account, click the Next button.
- Before clicking the Next button, you can manually configure the server settings in the Manually customize server settings box.
- The message “Your email account was added” will appear after the account has been added. Keep in mind that syncing your account with Live Mail takes some time.
- After the syncing is complete, you can use Live Mail on your Windows 10 computer without difficulty.
There is no way to bring Windows Live Mail back to life. On Windows 10, Microsoft provides a free email client that includes Outlook. While Windows Live Mail was fantastic, using out-of-date email software may not be the finest or safest way to manage your email. If you insist on utilizing “windows live mail download,” utilize the above technique.