In Windows 10, it appears that irritating problems are unavoidable. Your computer is in excellent working order until it begins to generate faults. Many Windows 10 users have been experiencing is the error “Windows can’t find one of the files in this theme.” The issue appears after people boot up their computers. It can happen at any moment, regardless of what work is performed.
With a few simple clicks, Windows 10 users can change the theme of their operating system. Many people but reported getting an issue though they never changed their theme.
Even if the error is dismissed, it frequently repeats at regular intervals. It might be aggravating, especially if the issue causes you to be interrupted.
What Are The Causes Of the “Windows Can’t Find One Of The Files In This Theme” Error Message?
A few conditions could lead to the “windows can’t find one of the files in this theme” issue on your computer. These results were obtained from a variety of user reports. Also, other technological sources.
According to Windows users, these are the most common reasons for the issue. However, you could be dealing with a one-of-a-kind situation. General troubleshooting methods for the specific matters noted here are listed in this article.
- Issues With The Current Theme. The theme you’re using isn’t working correctly. Many users could fix the problem by switching themes and eliminating the remaining files from the prior theme.
- Corrupted Windows System Files. Another possible cause is corrupted system files. Corrupted files won’t allow programs and features to work correctly. You can reinstall the files to solve the issue.
- SettingSyncHost.exe. If your computer’s SettingSyncHost.exe file is having problems, it may display an error message. This program is used to theme sync across all of your computer’s local users. If it is unable to do so, an error message will show.
- Custom Screensaver. If you’re running a custom screensaver, that may be what’s causing this problem. If the issue occurs after the screensaver has been used, this is the most likely scenario.
Solutions To Fix “Windows Can’t Find One Of The Files In This Theme” Error Message
- Change The Active Theme
- Disable The Custom Screen Saver Settings
- Disable Theme Syncing Settings
- Switch The Theme Background Settings To Picture
- Perform An SFC Scan
- Use The DISM Tool
- Update Windows OS
1. Change The Active Theme
It’s still another possible solution. Some people have resolved the “Windows cannot find one of the files in this theme” error. A corrupted active theme may cause the problem. It also glitched to the point that SettingSyncHost.exe couldn’t complete the sync process.
Check if the active theme is the source of the problem. Simply replace it with a new one and then remove the folder with it. Is the error still present after following these steps? You can deduce that the theme is not to blame for the problem.
- To launch the Run dialogue box, press Windows key + R. Then hit Enter after typing “ms-settings:themes.” It will take you to the Personalization Settings menu’s Themes tab.
- Scroll down to Apply a theme and select one from the list by clicking on it once you’re at the Themes section.
- To open a new Run dialogue box, press Windows key + R. Then hit Enter to type “%windir%\Resources\Themes.” Locate the location where the themes are kept.
- Replace the command above with %localappdata%\Microsoft\Windows\Themes. Also, %appdata%\Microsoft\Windows\Themes for previous Windows versions.
- Delete the theme and its accompanying files from the themes folder. Here “aero” was the theme in question. Therefore we erased both theme variations and the folder containing the rest of the theme’s contents.
- Restart your system the theme has been changed. The files in this theme have been erased to see if the error message reappears.
2. Disable The Custom Screensaver Settings
Do you have any idea what the most prevalent source of this problem is? It’s due to a custom screensaver that isn’t compatible with the Windows Theme feature. This issue may occur after a period of inactivity, as you may have noticed. Disabling your screensaver will likely be all that’s required to fix the problem.
You know that the active theme you were utilizing was the source of the problem. You can try reinstalling it or replacing it with one that does not cause the Windows Theme sync feature to malfunction.
- Launch the Run dialogue box. Press Windows key + R key. Write “ms-settings:lockscreen” and press Enter to access the Personalization menu’s Lock screen.
- Select Screen saver settings from the Lock screen tab.
- Access the drop-down menu under Screen saver in the Screen Saver Settings and select none. Then, to save the changes you’ve just made, click Apply.
- Restart your Windows operating system and check to see if the problem has been resolved.
- The problem persists, or you don’t have a screen saver installed on your computer.
3. Disable Theme Syncing Settings
Multiple people have used it to prevent the error from reoccurring. This approach entails altering some parameters in SettingSyncHost.exe to disable theme sync. Because the executable will not try to sync your active theme, the messages will most likely stop. However, keep in mind that utilizing this method will disable theme syncing.
- Launch the Run dialogue box. Press Windows key + R key. Then, on the Accounts Settings page, type “ms-settings:sync” and press Enter.
- Scroll down to Individual sync settings. Disable the toggle linked with Theme once you’ve entered the Sync your settings page.
- Close the Settings app and restart your operating system once the toggle is disabled. Monitor the condition of your machine on the next startup. Check if any additional error messages appear.
- If you ever require the Theme synchronization feature, enable it. To re-enable the Theme toggle, follow the instructions above in reverse.
- If this strategy didn’t work for you or you need a more targeted solution, scroll down to the next option.
4. Switch The Theme Background Settings To Picture
If your new theme is a slideshow, as most are, switching to a single background may be beneficial. You must perform the steps below.
- By right-clicking the desktop and selecting Background, you can get to Personalize.
- Select Picture from the Background drop-down menu in the Background section. Click the Browser button to choose a wallpaper.
5. Perform An SFC Scan
It is more of a troubleshooting suggestion in general. To find faults with your Windows 10 system, run the System File Checker (SFC) scan. Some users claim that doing so resolved the error “Windows can’t find one of the files in this theme” error.
- Write Command Prompt into the box on your taskbar.
- Choose Run as administrator by right-clicking on Command Prompt in the results. Enter your password if prompted.
- Enter the sfc /scannow command at the command prompt.
- Allow time for the scan to finish. Because it is scanning your machine in its entirety, this could take a long time. When it’s finished, you’ll be able to check if any problems were discovered and fixed.
- Your computer should be restarted.
6. Use The DISM Tool
The “Deployment Image Servicing and Management” tool aids in the resolution of system image issues. Use this process to check your operating system for corrupted images and other issues. Repair them automatically with DISM.
- To open Search, press Win + S, and then type “run” into the search box (without quotes).
- On the right side, select Open.
- In the Run window, write “cmd” and then press Ctrl+ Shift + Enter.
- After selecting Yes on the confirmation box, open the CMD window.
- Write “DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth” in the window.
- Wait for the scan to finish before pressing Enter.
- Next, type “
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth” into the search box (no quotes). Then press the Enter key.
- Restart the computer after the process is finished.
- By now, the error “Windows can’t find one of the files in this theme” error should be gone.
7. Update Windows OS
- From the bottom-left corner, select the Start (Windows) button.
- Select the Windows icon from the menu.
- Go to the settings menu (gear icon).
- Choose the Update & Security option.
- In the left sidebar, select the Windows Update tab (circular arrows)
- Check for updates by clicking the Check for updates button. If an update is ready, it will start installing automatically.
- Don’t worry if you don’t see an update; this page will notify you if your hardware is incompatible right now.
- You’ll need to restart Windows to complete the update, but you can do it later if it’s not urgent.
I hope this article has helped resolve it. The “Windows can’t find one of the files in this theme” error, unlike other errors, does not harm your computer. It can, however, be quite distracting and irritating.
How Do You Fix Windows Cannot Find Files?
You may get a Path or File Not Found problem. When working with documents or forms, it’s due to incorrectly configured file-system paths. In other words, the software may be attempting to locate or save a document to a folder that does not exist.
How Do I Fix My Windows 10 Theme?
Right-click the Start button and select Control Panel to restore to the default colors and sounds. Change the theme under the Appearance and Personalization area. Then, in the Windows Default Themes area, select Windows.
Where Are Microsoft Store Theme Files Stored?
When you update a theme, it will appear as an unsaved theme here. These themes are saved in the Microsoft Windows Themes folder in the %LocalAppData% folder. These are the themes that come standard with Windows 10. C: Windows/Resources/Themes is where you’ll find these themes.
Why Can’t I View My Files On My Desktop?
To open it, click the Computer icon on your desktop. Go to the folder where the file or folder was previously stored. Right-click it and select Restore prior versions from the menu. If the folder was at the root of a drive, such as R: right-click the drive. Select Restore previous versions from the menu.