Windows from Microsoft is the most well-known and regularly involved working framework for PCs from one side of the planet to the other. Windows is the graphical UI-based working framework from Microsoft and the most recent rendition of Windows accessible is Windows 10.
This working framework has been adored and utilized by a huge number of clients all over the planet because of its usability, better help from designers, and bunches of preloaded highlights. Be that as it may, nothing is an ideal program and Windows also is helpless to bugs or mistakes like PC will not close down.
PC not closing down as expected or taking bunches of time is a typical blunder that is experienced by a lot of people. There are different reasons that cause this mistake in Windows 10/11 like refreshing issues, processes misfires, power settings, or others.
At the point when a PC hangs at the closure screen and will not close down, it tends to be very disappointing. Yet, you can’t simply hit the power button to make it shut down, as it can cause further programming or equipment issues.
The most effective methods to Fix Windows 7 Won’t Shut Down
- Start your computer with a clean boot
- Close all open applications
- Turn off Clear paging file on exit
- Run System File Checker
- Damaged hard drive recovery
- Back up and running Windows 7 using System Restore
- Filtering for the most recent infection, spyware, and malware dangers
- Utilizing Windows Update to get the most recent updates
- Overhauling the BIOS
- Preventing programming from opening
We understand how aggravating this error is and how difficult it can be to deal with. Whatever the reason for wanting to shut down your computer, it’s critical that you have rapid access to the function. We’re here to assist you with restoring that.
The procedures listed below can be utilized to troubleshoot any difficulties with Windows 7 not being able to shut down.
Start your computer with a clean boot
Beginning your PC in a spotless boot will guarantee that no applications conflict with one another and no outsider struggles cause blunders on your framework. This is the manner by which you can play out a spotless boot on your Windows 7 framework.
- Click on the Start menu symbol in your taskbar and utilize the hunting capacity to look into “Order Prompt.”
- Type in “msconfig.”
- Click on “msconfig.exe” from the query items.
- Switch over to the “Administrations” tab utilizing the header menu of the new window.
- In the first place, ensure that you check the “Conceal all Microsoft administrations” box. This will guarantee that you just see outsider administrations.
- Click the “Cripple all” button to briefly impair each outsider’s assistance on your gadget.
- Click the Apply button and endeavor to restart your PC. Presently you’ll be in a perfect boot state with just authority Microsoft administrations running.
- Check whether you can appropriately close your PC down. If indeed, take a stab at empowering each help individually until you can’t close the PC down, observing the issue source.
Close all open applications
There are a few situations where the WIndows 7 closure is by all accounts stuck or essentially not working since certain applications are as yet running behind the scenes. Fortunately, this can be fixed effectively, regardless of whether you have direct admittance to close these projects.
- Right-click on any unfilled space in your taskbar and pick the “Begin Task Manager” choice from the setting menu.
- Change to the “Applications” tab.
- Click on a running application, then, at that point, close it by tapping on the now accessible “End Task” button.
- Rehash this for each of the applications recorded in your window, then, at that point, close the Task Manager.
- Endeavor to close your PC down with next to no applications running.
Turn off Clear paging file on exit
By and large, Windows 7 doesn’t encounter issues with closing down local Windows processes close by the PC. In any case, while you’re encountering slow or stuck closures, it’s prescribed to switch off the getting free from Pagefile on closure.
To do this, you’ll have to utilize the Registry Editor. You can track down every one of the means important to do this technique underneath.
Caution: Before starting this aide, we suggest making a reinforcement of your Registry. In the event that you don’t know about how to make and import Registry reinforcements, watch “Vault Backup, Restore, Import And Export” from Windows Ninja.
- Press the Windows + R keys on your on-screen console to open Run, then, at that point, type “Regedit” into the info field. Press the OK button to send off the Registry Editor.
- You can explore the Registry Editor by extending envelopes utilizing the bolt symbol close to their names. Utilizing this, find the accompanying Registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management
- Right-click on the “ClearPageFileAtShutdown” passage on the right board, then, at that point, pick Modify.
- Change the information esteem from “1” to “0” to switch off the component.
- Click on the OK button to finish your changes. Close the Registry Editor and endeavor to close your PC down once more.
Run System File Checker
The System File Checker is an apparatus accessible in Windows 7 as a matter of course. It’s additionally called an “SFC output,” and it’s your speediest approach to naturally fix debased framework records and different issues.
Running this output has demonstrated to dispose of issues with Windows 7 is not able to close down. This is what you want to do to run it.
- Click on the Start menu symbol in your taskbar and utilize the hunting capacity to look into “Order Prompt.”
- Right-click on the “Order Prompt” application and pick “Run as executive” from the setting menu.
- Whenever provoked, click Yes to permit the Command Prompt to make changes on your gadget.
- Once in the Command Prompt, type in the accompanying order and press Enter to execute it:
- Sit tight for the SFC output to wrap up checking your PC and fixing degenerate documents. This might consume most of the day; guarantee that you don’t close the Command Prompt or endeavor to close your PC down.
- Take a stab at restarting your gadget to check whether fixing the undermined framework records made a difference.
Damaged hard drive recovery
Windows 7 accompanies a helpful device that permits you to rapidly recognize and fix framework issues with your plate. This apparatus is effectively accessible to utilize, and you can get to it by following the subsequent stages underneath.
- Open your File Explorer from the taskbar.
- Click on “PC” from the left-side board.
- Right-click on your situation drive (this is generally the C: drive) and select “Properties” from the setting menu.
- Switch over to the “Devices” tab utilizing the header menu of the Windows 7 (C:) Properties window.
- In the Mistake checking section, select the “Check now…” button.
- Allow the hard drive checker to recognize issues on your gadget. Fix any found issues naturally and endeavor to close down your PC thereafter.
Back up and running Windows 7 using System Restore
On the off chance that none of the techniques above appeared to work while reestablishing the closure work in Windows 7, you can continuously take a stab at moving back to a more seasoned form of your framework.
This can fix any progressions made to your framework records, making it an incredible method for investigating the blunder.
This is the way to get back to a generally existing System Restore point in Windows 7.
- Open your Start menu from your taskbar, then, at that point, type “Framework Restore” into the hunt field.
- Send off “Framework Restore” from the matching query items.
- Select a point you need to get back to. Make a point to choose each made in turn when the closure issue was absent yet.
- Click the “Finish” button to begin the interaction. Try to peruse all the on-screen data prior to consenting to get back to a reestablish point.
- Hang tight for the rebuilding system to get done, then, at that point, endeavor closing down your PC like typical.
Filtering for the most recent infection, spyware, and malware dangers
- Utilize the update element of your antivirus programming to get the most recent infection, spyware, and malware definition records, and afterward do a full framework sweep to eliminate any dangers found on the PC.
- In the event that your infection filtering programming doesn’t track down any issues, jump to the subsequent stage.
- In the event that dangers were eliminated, click Start, and Shut Down. On the off chance that Windows actually neglects to close down, proceed to the following stage.
Utilizing Windows Update to get the most recent updates
Microsoft discharges updates to resolve issues with programming drivers and projects. Use Windows Update to download administration packs for Windows 7 or Vista, as well as every one of the most recent significant and discretionary updates for the PC.
In the wake of getting the most recent updates from Microsoft, click Start, and afterward, Shut Down. In the event that Windows actually neglects to close down, proceed to the subsequent stage.
Overhauling the BIOS
Fundamental Input/Output System (BIOS) is code used to at first startup and shut down the PC. Check the HP Support Web Site to decide whether a BIOS redesign is accessible. For more data, allude to the HP support report Updating the BIOS.
Preventing programming from opening
During the shutdown, Windows endeavors to close all open programming projects and administrations. To check whether a product program or administration is adding to the shutdown issue, follow these means:
- Click Start, and afterward type msconfig into the Start Search field.
- Click msconfig from the Programs rundown to open the System Configuration window.
- Assuming that a User Account Control message shows up, click OK.
- From the General tab, eliminate the determination from Load startup things.
- Click the Services tab.
- Select Hide Microsoft administrations, and afterward eliminate the choices close to everything in the rundown.
- Click OK, and afterward click Restart.
- After the PC has been restarted without startup projects and administrations, click Start and afterward Shut Down.
- Note what happens when the PC endeavors to close down and do the accompanying in view of what occurs:
- In the event that Windows actually neglects to close down, resume msconfig and supplant the determination Normal startup on the General tab. Restart the PC and proceed to the following stage.
- Assuming that Windows can close down, figure out which startup thing or administration is keeping Windows 7 or Vista from shutting down. Programming programs that are probably going to lead to close down issues are:
- Infections, spyware, and malware, Antivirus programming, and Webcam programming
- Programming related with illustrations drivers (not simply the center realistic drivers)
- Observe the product program or administration that is causing the issue by more than once utilizing msconfig to debilitate the presumed startup thing or administration, and afterward endeavoring to close down the PC. For more data, see Preventing Programs from Opening When Windows 7 Starts.
- After the product program is found, update, uninstall or keep the startup thing or administration from opening to fix the issue.
We trust that this article had the option to assist you to fix issues with Windows 7 being not able to drive off.
Assuming you notice later on that your framework is encountering comparative issues, go ahead and return to our article and apply a few different fixes. In the case of nothing working, we prescribe going to either Microsoft’s client care group or searching for an IT expert with respect to your PC’s wellbeing.