Where is the power button on a TCL Roku TV? Already one of the World’s best-selling TV brands, TCL (The Creative Life) is now one of the fastest-growing consumer electronics brands.
Founded over 30 years ago, TCL has prided itself on delivering more to all its consumers with high-quality products and services. But still, its users wonder to date.
Roku TV manufacturers cover the power button on a TCL Roku TV for aesthetics, and minimalism, and to reduce the overuse of these buttons to navigate menus.
This is true of various smart televisions in the world right now, not just Roku.
This isn’t to say that you cannot turn the tv on using any other method than the button on the TCL Roku tv. Leading to our ultimate question, Where Is the Power Button on a TCL Roku TV?
Where Is The Power Button On A TCL Roku Tv?
- Is there a button on your TCL Roku/ Roku TVs, and where is it?
- Why is finding the power button on a TCL Roku TV so difficult?
- How can I turn on the TCL Roku TV without a Remote?
- What to do if your power button on a TCL Roku TV is troubleshooting?
The power button on a TCL Roku tv is hidden and not easy to find. TCL does not make it easy to find this button on purpose, so don’t worry if you can’t find the power button on a TCL Roku tv on the first go.
- There are no usual markings on the TV that would directly indicate to you the location of the power button on a TCL Roku tv, but there are a few common and well-known spots you could try out.
- The power button on a TCL Roku TV might be located on the right side of the TV, slightly away from the wall.
- The other change might be that It is also located on the underside of the TV, underneath the TCL logo on the center part of the lower bezel of the TV Screen.
- You can also find the power button on a TCL Roku tv on the back by feeling your way toward it from behind.
- The buttons are typically sunken in, so they won’t be hard to find.
- Most models have the button on TV at these places, but a couple more spots are worth checking out.
- You can turn the tv on the power button on a TCL Roku tv and press and hold it for 5 seconds.
- The Roku remote control can also be used to turn on the TV.
To find more precise information about the model you own, I suggest you consult the TCL Roku tv user manual to find the power button on a TCL Roku tv.
TCL TVs are usually installed in the living room by their users, just like most other TVs. They become part of the living room aesthetic that everyone looks for.
This means that the TVs are also designed to look good and pretty. So, many buttons on the front of a large TV might look out of place or unattractive to many people and users.
As the world progresses, design becomes more minimalistic. This can be seen in TVs as the buttons are hidden to create a sleek look.
Additionally, this creates the illusion of a giant black screen, a goal many TV companies strive for.
So, The power buttons on a TCL Roku TV are hard to find because they are sleek and minimalist. The expense of physical functions like power buttons is a trade-off for the sleek design.
And this is not just the case for these Roku TVs; all manufacturers make sleeker designs that don’t have physical functions like power buttons.
This makes it difficult to find the power button on a TCL Roku TV.
Smart TVs are becoming more popular and more widely used than ever as a result as well.
If the remote stops working or if the TV stops responding to the remote, it would still be helpful to have a physical backup to control your TV or turn it on and off.
This is why manufacturers hide the buttons on their TVs, not just the Roku manufacturers but all of them.
3. How can I turn on the TCL Roku TV without a Remote?
If you lost your remote and now can’t seem to find it anywhere, don’t feel bad; you’re not alone.
Trust me, if there was a survey estimating how many of us lose our tv remote now and then. A lot of us will be put to shame.
But the real frustration is not losing the remote but trying to continue using your tv without the remote.
- Using the physical buttons on your TV to navigate the user interface or change the volume can be exhausting.
- Imagine the pain of going to your tv to switch on tv from the Roku tv power button every time you need to switch off or on TV.
- You might think that there is nothing else to do and you just have to live with using just the remote, but that’s not necessarily true.
- Yes, you can turn on your TCL Roku TV without the remote. If you have lost your remote or it is not working, you can use the buttons on the TV to turn it on.
- First, ensure that the TV is plugged into an outlet and has power. Then, press and hold the power button on a TCL Roku tv for three seconds.
- The TV will turn on, and you can use the buttons on the TV to navigate the menus.
- If you need to use the Roku remote, you can purchase a replacement remote from Roku, a third-party retailer, or even a universal remote!
You can also use your phone as a remote control by downloading a remote app.
Fortunately, similar to smart TVs, Roku smart TV lets you control it without the remote by using your phone, not only when you’ve lost your remote but also when you don’t feel like using the remote and want a more convenient and modern take.
To use this feature, you must download the official remote app for your TV’s operating system and connect your phone to the TV by initiating a search for nearby Roku devices.
Follow these steps to successfully use this app as TCL Roku remote app: navigation images /screenshots missing.
- On your Roku tv, go to your homepage.
- On the screen, navigate to the settings of your Roku tv
- Further, choose ‘system.’
- Go to ‘Advanced System settings; next.
- Under ‘Control by mobile apps’, set the network access to ‘Default.’
- Next, ensure that your phone and Roku tv are connected to the same wifi network.
- Launch the Roku app on your phone (Make sure it’s downloaded beforehand)
- Choose your tv on the Roku app, which will appear in the list on your app.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
After you set up the app, try using it to control the TV and see if you can do everything with it that you could with the physical remote or every button on your tv.
If you’re not interested in using your phone as a remote, you might want to get a universal remote for TCL TVs.
It has all the benefits of a regular remote, plus additional features you never knew you needed.
Since the power button on a TCL Roku tv is hidden, it can get caught up in issues caused by dust buildup or other factors, including the buttons not being used as much.
Over time, not using the power button on a TCL Roku tv can cause problems because of dust or other things.
If the TV doesn’t turn on when the power button on a TCL Roku tv is pressed, it could be because of an issue with one of its internal components.
This blog will be talking about the various fixes to these problems-
- Change power outlets
If the power button doesn’t work after typing with the Roku remote a few times, the TV may not get enough power.
This is most likely due to a problem with the power socket, so try plugging the TV into another one.
To protect your TV from surges, unplug it from the power strip and plug it directly into the wall.
You can use a testing screwdriver to check if the power outlet is receiving any power.
If the power socket is not working, contact a local electrician to come and fix it for you.
- Check power supply
All televisions have a power supply board that regulates how much power each component gets and turns the high-voltage mains supply into a lower voltage.
If this board is not functioning properly, your TV will not receive any power and will not turn on. This could be the reason why the power button is not working.
You can safely bypass this step by turning the TV on and off with the buttons.
- Power cycle your tv
If the button on your TCL Roku TV isn’t working, it might be because of a software or hardware bug.
To fix any issues with your TV, you can restart it by power cycling.
- Contact TCL
If you’re having trouble finding or using the power button on a TCL Roku TV, contact TCL support for help.
After they know the model of your TV, they’ll be able to tell you exactly where the power button on a TCL Roku TV is located.
A broken or misplaced remote is capable of making the use of your smart TV a challenge.
However, you don’t have to give up on any more of your Netflix binge sessions while waiting for your new remote to arrive.
You can quickly turn your TCL TV on and off. This guide taught you everything you need to know about where the power button on a TCL Roku tv is.