Are you thinking of integrating Microsoft Teams into your business operations but unsure if it’s right for you? Here’s an interesting fact: Microsoft offers a full premium trial license, known as the Microsoft Teams Exploratory Trial.
This article will walk you through the ins and outs of this offer, from how to acquire it, its benefits, and what happens after the 12-month trial period. Stay with us to unlock this great opportunity!
- Microsoft Teams Exploratory Trial is a 12-month free trial offered by Microsoft to allow businesses and startups to experience the premium features of Microsoft Teams.
- During the trial period, users can access features like file sharing, audio tools, and Azure AD integration.
- After the trial ends, users must switch to a paid license within 60 days to continue using Teams or they will lose access.
What is Microsoft Teams Exploratory License?
The Microsoft Teams Exploratory License is a free trial period that allows users to access premium features and benefits of the Microsoft Teams collaboration software for a limited time.
Overview of the license
The Microsoft Teams Exploratory License lets you use Teams for free. This offer lasts for 12 months. It is made to help new businesses learn about the platform. You can use premium features at no cost with this license.
Those who already use Azure Active Directory can also try full access to Teams through this license. If you want more after the trial period, you can pay for a better version that continues these features.
Duration of the trial period
The Microsoft Teams Exploratory license has a trial period that lasts for 12 months. This starts when the first user signs up. Users can use all the features of Teams during this time.
After one year, things change. The trial ends and users lose access to Microsoft Teams after 30 more days.
To keep using teams, they must get a paid license within 60 days from when the trial ended. If not, they will no longer have access to Office 365 apps after an extra grace period of another 30 days is over.
Benefits and features included
You get many good things with the Microsoft Teams Exploratory License. It is free and easy to use. You can try it for 12 months. Companies both big and small can learn about how Microsoft Teams can help them. This trial license is perfect especially for startup businesses.
- File sharing: Team members can share files easily.
- Audio tools: People in a team can talk to each other.
- The Azure AD helps you get started with the trial license.
- Businesses of any size find this trial useful to see if Microsoft Teams fits their needs.
- This program is a gift from Microsoft designed to help new companies reach success faster.
How to Access and Manage Microsoft Teams Exploratory License
To access and manage the Microsoft Teams Exploratory License, users must meet the eligibility criteria and follow a few simple steps to sign up and activate their free license.
Eligibility criteria for obtaining the license
To obtain the Microsoft Teams Exploratory license, there are certain eligibility criteria that need to be met. However, the article does not provide specific details about these criteria.
It is important to fulfill these requirements in order to access and use the license for your business or organization.
Steps to sign up and activate the license
To sign up and activate the Microsoft Teams Exploratory license, follow these steps:
- Visit the Microsoft 365 admin center.
- Navigate to the Billing section.
- Check if you have the Teams Exploratory license.
- If not, click on “Get started” or “Activate now” to sign up for the trial.
- Fill in the required information, such as your organization’s name and contact details.
- Review and accept the terms and conditions.
- Choose your preferred settings and features for Microsoft Teams.
- Click on “Activate” or “Start trial” to initiate the trial period.
- Wait for the license activation confirmation.
- Start exploring and using Microsoft Teams for free.
Managing the license for users
To manage the license for users of Microsoft Teams Exploratory, you can use the Microsoft 365 admin center. This allows you to easily control and monitor user management, licensing management, and access control.
With this tool, you can enable or disable the trial license for users and assign permissions as needed. Additionally, if users want to upgrade from the Teams Exploratory trial to other licensing options with more features and functionality, they can do so through the admin center.
It’s a convenient way for administrators to ensure that users have the appropriate licenses and access to Microsoft Teams while exploring its benefits and features.
How to Add Members to Microsoft Teams
To add members to Microsoft Teams, follow these steps:
- Go to the Microsoft 365 admin center.
- Navigate to Billing > Licenses.
- Select the user or users you want to add to Teams.
- Click on “Assign licenses” and choose the appropriate license, such as Teams Exploratory.
- Save your changes.
End of the Microsoft Teams Exploratory License
After the 12-month trial period ends, users have the option to continue with Microsoft Teams by converting to a commercial cloud or Microsoft Teams license.
What happens after the 12-month trial period ends
After the 12-month trial period ends for the Microsoft Teams Exploratory License, users will lose access to Teams. This happens 30 days after the trial’s expiration date. To continue using Teams, users need to switch to a paid license within 60 days of the trial’s expiration date.
The Teams Exploratory offer is officially ending, so it’s important to take action before time runs out. Make sure to assign a paid license and switch over in order to keep enjoying all the benefits and features that Microsoft Teams has to offer.
Don’t wait until it’s too late!
Options for continuing with Microsoft Teams
After the 12-month trial period ends for Microsoft Teams Exploratory License, there are options available to continue using Microsoft Teams. Here are your options:
- Convert to a commercial cloud license: Users can choose to convert their trial license to a paid subscription, which provides full access to Microsoft Teams and its features. This ensures uninterrupted use of the platform.
- Purchase a Microsoft Teams license: Organizations can opt for a dedicated Microsoft Teams license for their users, providing them with ongoing access to all the benefits and functionalities offered by Teams.
- Explore other paid offerings: Apart from the Microsoft Teams Exploratory License, there are several other paid licenses available that offer additional features and services tailored to specific organizational needs. Users can explore these options to enhance their experience with Microsoft Teams.
Converting to a commercial cloud or Microsoft Teams license
To continue using the full features and capabilities of Microsoft Teams after the 12-month trial period of the Microsoft Teams Exploratory License, users have the option to convert to a commercial cloud or Microsoft Teams license. Here are some important points to consider:
- Administrative enablement may be required for converting to a commercial license.
- Converting to a commercial license allows organizations to integrate Microsoft Teams fully into their business operations.
- By converting to a commercial license, organizations gain access to additional resources and support from Microsoft.
- It’s important to note that converting to a commercial license may involve a cost or subscription fee.
In conclusion, Microsoft Teams Exploratory Trial is a free license offered by Microsoft for a period of 12 months. It allows new businesses and startups to experience the full premium access of Microsoft Teams.
Users can explore and understand the benefits of this collaboration software before deciding to upgrade to paid licenses.