Are you a new business or startup looking to explore the world of Microsoft Teams? You may be intrigued to hear about the Microsoft Teams Exploratory License, a free trial that lasts for an impressive 12 months.
This blog post aims to shed light on what this license entails and how it can benefit your enterprise. So prepare to dive into our detailed guide – your journey towards optimized workplace communication begins here!
- The Microsoft Teams Exploratory License is a free trial that lasts for 12 months and allows new businesses and startups to try out Microsoft Teams.
- This license offers features such as chat, file sharing, audio/video calls, and more, giving users the opportunity to explore the benefits of using Microsoft Teams for their workplace communication.
- Users can access and manage the license through the Microsoft admin center, where they can easily activate or deactivate it. Admins do not have additional management responsibilities related to this license.
- After the trial period ends, users have the option to purchase a paid license or choose a different collaboration tool. It’s important to note that user data will be deleted 60 days after the trial period ends if no subscription upgrade is made.
What is Microsoft Teams Exploratory License?
The Microsoft Teams Exploratory License is a free trial offering from Microsoft that allows new businesses and startups to have a trial run of the software and experience its features and benefits.
Definition and purpose
Microsoft Teams Exploratory License is a free trial license. It lets users in groups with Azure Active Directory try it at no cost. This special offer aims to help new businesses and startups.
They can see what Microsoft Teams can do for them for free. Users can start this offer by themselves without needing an admin to do so. The license gives groups a look at the many uses of Microsoft Teams.
The Microsoft Teams Exploratory License lasts for 12 months.
Features and benefits
Microsoft Teams Exploratory License is full of useful features. It supports chat, file sharing, and audio/video calls. You can use it to work with others easily. This license lets new businesses try out Microsoft Teams for a whole year at no cost.
During this time, they can see how Microsoft Teams could help them out. They get the chance to play with all its tools and learn about their uses in real life situations. If your team loves what they see, you then have an option of buying a paid plan later on.
There’s no rush to decide though! With this trial license, exploring the full benefits that come along with using Microsoft Teams becomes fun and hassle-free.
Accessing the Microsoft Teams Admin Center
Getting to the Microsoft Teams Admin Center is easy.
- The Microsoft Teams Admin Center is a need-to-know spot for managing Microsoft Teams.
- You can go there if you have the Microsoft Teams Exploratory trial run.
- You will lose your way in after 30 days of your trial ending.
- To go back in, you must get a paid license within 60 days.
- This place lets users learn how useful the Microsoft Teams Admin Center can be.
- You can have this trial run for 12 months after sign – up.
- This gives an extended time to use the Microsoft Teams Admin Center.
Licenses included in Microsoft Teams Exploratory
The Microsoft Teams Exploratory License includes a range of licenses that offer access to various features and tools within Microsoft Teams.
Overview of included licenses
The Microsoft Teams Exploratory license includes a variety of features beneficial to users, enabling them to experience Teams to its fullest. These features include, among others, Microsoft Teams, Microsoft Forms, Microsoft Whiteboard, and Microsoft Planner.
|Microsoft Teams||This license offers a secure space for users to collaborate, chat, meet, call, and organize work, all in one place.|
|Microsoft Forms||This allows users to quickly and easily create polls, quizzes, and surveys, and see results in real-time.|
|Microsoft Whiteboard||A freeform, digital canvas where people, ideas, and content can come together for creative collaboration.|
|Microsoft Planner||A tool that helps teams create new plans, organize and assign tasks, share files, chat about what they’re working on, and get updates on progress.|
Users with the Teams Exploratory license can be upgraded to different licenses via the Microsoft 365 admin center if more features are required.
How to Access and Manage Microsoft Teams Exploratory License
To access and manage the Microsoft Teams Exploratory License, users can obtain the license through user signup or have an administrator enable it, and then easily activate or deactivate it in the Microsoft admin center.
How to obtain the license
To obtain the Microsoft Teams Exploratory license, follow these steps:
- Go to the Microsoft 365 admin center.
- Navigate to the Billing section.
- Look for the Licenses option in the Billing section.
- Check if you have any users with a Teams Exploratory license.
- If not, proceed to sign up for the Teams Exploratory license.
- Complete the signup process by providing your necessary information.
- Once signed up, you will be granted access to the Teams Exploratory license for a free trial period of 12 months.
How to activate and deactivate the license
To activate and deactivate the Microsoft Teams Exploratory license, follow these steps:
- Sign in to the Microsoft 365 admin center.
- Go to the Billing section.
- Click on Licenses to see the available licenses.
- Locate the Microsoft Teams Exploratory license in the list.
- To activate the license, click on the Activate button next to it.
- To deactivate the license, click on the Deactivate button next to it.
Admin management of the license
Admin management of the Microsoft Teams Exploratory License is not necessary.
Duration and Expiration of Microsoft Teams Exploratory License
The Microsoft Teams Exploratory License is a free trial that lasts for one month and provides new businesses and startups with an opportunity to explore the features and benefits of the software.
After the trial period ends, users have the option to continue using Microsoft Teams by purchasing a paid license or opting for a different collaboration tool.
Trial period and limitations
The trial period for the Microsoft Teams Exploratory license lasts for 12 months. During this trial, users can access and use Teams as well as other Office 365 apps. However, it’s important to note that there are some limitations to this trial period.
Once the trial expires, users will lose access to Teams after a grace period of 30 days. This means that they won’t be able to use or access any of the features available in Teams anymore.
Additionally, after the trial expiration, users will also lose access to other Office 365 apps like OneDrive and SharePoint.
To retain access to Teams and other Office 365 apps after the trial ends, users need to be assigned a paid license within 60 days of the trial’s expiration date. If they don’t get a paid license within this timeframe, they will permanently lose their access to these applications.
What happens after the trial period ends
After the trial period for Microsoft Teams Exploratory ends, users will no longer have access to Teams. This means they won’t be able to use the features and functionalities provided by the app.
It’s important to note that all user data will be deleted 60 days after the trial period ends. To continue using Teams with the same capabilities, a subscription upgrade is required.
If users don’t upgrade to a subscription that includes Teams after the trial period, they won’t have access to Teams anymore.
In May 2022, Microsoft officially sunsetted the Teams Exploratory license offer. This means that it’s no longer available for new users. Existing users who were on an active trial before May 2022 can still continue using Teams until their trial expires or until they upgrade to a subscription that includes Teams.
In conclusion, the Microsoft Teams Exploratory license is a valuable resource for new businesses and startups to try out Microsoft Teams. With a 12-month free trial period, users can explore the features and benefits of this collaboration software.
It’s an excellent opportunity to see if Microsoft Teams is the right fit for your workplace communication and business productivity needs.