Discord’s network, which has over 200 million active users, has a mixture of subscription alternatives. Many folks have found that their standard Discord has restrictions. Discord should be familiar to gamers everywhere. However, few people are familiar with Discord Nitro. Learn what does discord nitro do in this article.
In Discord’s gaming chat platform, there’s a membership option called “Nitro.” Nitro subscribers access cool new features that aren’t available to non-subscribers. If you’ve been curious about what the Nitro subscription offers, keep reading to learn more about Discord Nitro and whether you should sign up for the paid service.
What Is Discord Nitro?
The popular gaming chat program Discord Nitro is a premium subscription service. Active membership users receive attractive benefits that help them stand out on the platform and level up their favorite servers. Discord Nitro has several features, like animated emojis, HD video streaming, server upgrades, etc.
Nitro and Nitro Classic are the two tiers of Discord Nitro. Discord Nitro is available for $9.99 a month or $99.99 for a year. On the other hand, Nitro Classic costs $4.99 per month or $49.99 per year. Take a look at all of the Nitro features listed below.
Discord Nitro Features
1. Boosts for the server
- Boosting a Discord server gives you access to extra features like more emoji slots, improved audio quality, a server banner, and more.
- Each Nitro subscription includes two server boosts that can be used on any server.
- If you choose Nitro Classic, you will not receive the complimentary server boosts.
- On the other hand, Nitro and Nitro Classic members are entitled to a 30% discount on further server increase purchases.
2. Animated Profile Picture
- The ability to use animated profile images is one of the main reasons people consider purchasing a Nitro membership.
- Specifically, thanks to Discord Nitro, you will be able to use GIFs as your avatar.
- If you have a videotape you’d like to share on Discord, you can convert it to a GIF and use it as your profile picture by using one of the finest animated GIF creator apps.
3. Animated and Platform-wide Emojis
- In contrast to the static emojis available to free users, Nitro customers can use animated emojis in servers and direct messages.
- Emojis are also available across the platform, which is a plus. Unlike non-Nitro users, who can only use a custom emoji on a single server, Nitro subscribers can use emojis on any server.
4. Profiles Specific To Each Server
- Using Discord’s new server profiles feature, Nitro subscribers may now customize their avatars, profile banners, and bios on each server.
- You can use this function to create personalized profile images representing your personality and the server’s theme.
- Users who do not have a Discord Nitro membership will still be able to create server-specific nicknames.
5. Video Streaming In High Definition
- If you use Discord to watch TV series and movies with your friends, you may have noticed that the platform limits video quality to 720p at 30 frames per second by default (without Nitro).
- When you purchase a Discord Nitro subscription, this changes.
- Subscribers may stream 1080p videos at 60 frames per second, ideal for gaming or watching YouTube videos.
6. Increased Upload Capacity
- The increased upload Speed limit is also included in the membership.
- You can upload files of 100MB if you have a current membership.
- This is a considerable improvement above the free tier’s 8MB restriction.
7. Discord Username
- Your Discord username comprises two parts: your name and a tag.
- However, if your desired number is not already in use, you can utilize Nitro to specify it in the tag.
- It’s also worth noting that your Discord tag will be randomized when your subscription expires.
8. Badges For Profile
- You’ll also receive a Discord Nitro badge for your profile. Anyone may see how long you’ve been a subscriber by hovering over your Nitro badge.
- A pink triangle badge is also available for server boosting.
- Aside from these, two more benefits of Nitro membership include a 4000-character message limit and the ability to join 200 servers rather than the 100 available to free users.
How To Subscribe To Discord Nitro?
It’s simple to sign up with Discord Nitro, and it only takes a few minutes. We’ll show you three different ways to accomplish this in this section.
Desktop Or Web Browser
If you’re using a PC, here’s how to get a Discord Nitro subscription:
- To use Discord in your browser, open the Discord Desktop app or go to discord.com.
- To get to the Home page, click the Discord logo.
- Click on the subscription button under the Nitro tab. You’ll find a link to subscribe to Nitro Classic at the bottom of the page.
- After selecting the subscription button, Discord will ask you to choose between a yearly or monthly payment plan.
- Fill in the payment information, and you’re ready to go.
A Nitro subscription can also be purchased using the Discord mobile app.
- Open the Discord application.
- Tap on the avatar in the bottom right corner of your screen to go to User Settings.
- Select Subscribe Today from the Nitro Settings menu.
- Select a plan by tapping the subscribe button.
- Fill in your payment information.
Gift Discord Nitro
Some of your friends might be willing to give you a Nitro subscription as a gift. To claim your Nitro gift, click the green Accept button if you receive a gift link through your Discord DM or server. Select the option that reads “I accept.”
- If you receive a gift link via email rather than Discord, for example.
- If you aren’t already logged in, simply click the link to be redirected to the Discord registration or login page.
- A pop-up notice will appear, requesting confirmation that you are using the correct account.
- If you aren’t, simply click the “Wrong account” link to log in with the proper credentials.
- Otherwise, confirm your gift by clicking the Accept Gift button.
- After you confirm, your Nitro subscription will appear in the Subscriptions tab.
Discord Nitro VS Discord Nitro Classic
Discord Nitro Classic
Discord Nitro Classic is the cheapest premium subscription accessible, unlocking a slew of features for $4.99 per month or $49.99 per year, relying on the payment method. The standard edition can be considered a scaled-down version of the Nitro tier, with fewer bonuses, but it’s still an excellent alternative for many people.
When you join Nitro Classic, you’ll be able to take advantage of the following features:
- The screen’s resolution has been upgraded to 1080p at 60 frames per second.
- To assist you in better supporting the server, server boosters are 30% off.
- Add a badge to the profile that is only available to Nitro subscribers.
- Hashtags created by users are now available.
- The maximum file size for uploads has been increased from 8MB to 50MB.
Nitro Classic is a fantastic solution. The Nitro Classic tier is the most cost-effective option, and most individuals find that being able to share their display in 1080p at 60FPS is enough to warrant the monthly fee.
- You can also use animated emojis, a fantastic way to increase interaction and make the message stand out.
- An increase in the upload size limit is one of the benefits that should not be neglected.
- When you raise the size of the uploaded files, you may add higher-quality content to the account, which is fantastic.
- There’s much more power remaining to be discovered that you’ll want to explore.
Discord Nitro is the most advanced Discord, and it price $9.99 per month or $99.99 per annum if you sign up for the entire year. The annual subscription delivers the best value and opens many unique features that communities require to thrive.
- Nitro contains all of the advantages mentioned in the Discord Nitro Classic section.
- Server enhancements are available (2 in total).
- Files up to 100MB in size are now being uploaded.
- Streaming and screen sharing have improved, with 4K streaming now possible.
- The number of server joins has been increased to 200.
- The character limit for messages has doubled.
- Banners are now available, letting you personalize your profile.
- When somebody visits your profile, animated banners stand out from the group and make an immediate impression.
- You can interact with others by sending well-thought-out, detailed messages that allow for comprehensive dialogues with many servers.
- The capability to join 200 servers rather than 100 permits you to become more involved in the communities you interact with.
- High-end 4K broadcasting will necessitate the required technology, but it’s another chance to set yourself separated from other streamers.
- When the customer base demands the highest quality, enabling 4K streaming is one way to meet their expectations.
Is Discord Nitro Worth It?
Discord Nitro’s worth depends on how frequently you use Discord and how involved you are.
- Server Boosts, a customized Discord profile, and bespoke emojis and stickers are unlikely to help you if you only use the app sporadically and are only a member of a few small servers.
- Furthermore, a streaming quality of up to 480p may be sufficient for you. Upgrade to Discord Nitro might not be worth it in that instance.
If you’re a regular Discord user and an admin of a well-established server, Discord Nitro will undoubtedly benefit you.
- You can send longer messages, upload larger files, and connect to more servers using it.
- In addition, you’ll get Server Boosts, your server banner and URL, improved video and audio quality for streams, funny custom stickers, and more.
- You may always use Discord Nitro Classic instead if you want a better Discord experience at a lower price.
How To Cancel Discord Nitro Subscription?
You can cancel the Discord Nitro subscription by navigating to User Settings and clicking the cog symbol next to your username.
- Navigate to the Subscriptions section.
- To terminate your Nitro subscription, go to Your Subscriptions and click the cancel option.
- If you cancel your subscription, discord will not instantly remove your access to Nitro features.
- If you’ve already paid for a 30-day Discord Nitro subscription, you can continue to enjoy Nitro features until the billing term finishes.
- Even if you’ve canceled your Nitro subscription, you can sign up for it again.
Discord Nitro improves your overall Discord experience. While not everyone will benefit from the bonuses, having a Nitro subscription is always good if you are the owner or moderator of many Discord servers. If you want to subscribe to Discord Nitro, do it right away and enjoy additional perks that other discord users are deprived of.
What Is Discord Nitro Good For?
Discord Nitro improves your Discord audio, video, and text chat experience. Take a look at the benefits you’ll receive. Collect or create your own animated and personalized emojis. Claim a personalized tag and use an animated avatar.
Does Discord Nitro Make A Difference?
The most significant difference between the two subscription tiers, aside from higher-quality streaming and file-size limits, is that Nitro includes two server boosts, typically costing $4.99 each month. There are no bonuses at the Classic tier. On the other hand, Boosting is discounted by 30% for both tiers.
Is There A Point To Discord Nitro?
Nitro allows you to stream HD videos in 1080p 60FPS, which provides a smoother and better streaming experience. You may also use Discord to make video calls. They already have some basic video backgrounds that are entertaining. If you have Nitro, though, you can upload your ones.
Does Nitro Boost Last Forever?
When users boost a server, they receive a special badge that identifies them as a booster and a particular function in the server. One server can be boosted at a time by a Nitro subscriber. After selecting a server for boost, the user will be alerted that they will be unable to boost another server for the next seven days.