What is Virtual Business Phone Solutions?
A virtual business phone solution is a business phone system with cloud-based technology that allows users to use their laptops or mobile devices to communicate from anywhere. It provides companies with versatility and flexibility, which traditional on-site methods can not accomplish conventional on-site systems. It needs no hardware because it is provided through an internet connection and affordable plans and prices.
Virtual phone systems combine the best of conventional landlines, secure communications and provide consistent business phone call quality. Compared to traditional methods, virtual phone systems encourage business phone system providers to sell more to organizations, limiting the phone service they can deliver to a single venue.
We also have various Opensource call center software that can be used for these kinds of business needs.
Features of a Virtual Phone System
Here we have provided the features of Virtual phone systems for small businesses over traditional business phone systems.
- Low Cost: Conventional business phone systems need considerable technical skills, and they often require significant financial capital. On the other hand, virtual phone systems are much cheaper on the pocket than conventional business phone systems are. There are no specialist IT workers to train or employ. Business Phone system providers of virtual phone service/s pass on considerable savings resulting from scaling technology to thousands of small businesses.
- Personal Business Phone: Company owners gain considerable benefit from the right to use their mobile phone as a business phone. There is no need for different mobile devices to be bought. Use of a software program, all tasks are done. Besides, incoming business calls and text messages have a unique look, so you always know the business and personal ones.
- Easy Set-Up: Traditional business phone systems require considerable technological skills and set-up timescales. Technical expertise is not needed at all in the case of the best virtual phone systems. Phone service providers of virtual phone systems protect small business owners and companies from maintaining hardware and software. Concentrate on what counts for growing your business.
- Virtual Number is Flexible: Business phone numbers on conventional systems take on only one phone, usually a wired phone like a landline or an office VoIP phone number. Since virtual business phone number is cloud-based, you can arrange them to course business calls to any gadget you pick. Another extraordinary thing about a digital business phone number is that you can have a different business phone number. Utilize one primary business phone number, set up multiple neighborhood numbers.
- Text Messaging Features: Many of the modern features that business owners need to remain linked to their company and succeed, such as texting with clients and team members, are unavailable in conventional business phone systems. Using a virtual phone system can be overcome as it works on cloud-based technology.
Advantages of Virtual Phone System
- It’s much more practical to set up business phone systems. You simply need to pay a low month-to-month charge for administration, hardware, and web.
- Calls can be made utilizing your PC and headset.
- A business phone system is not difficult to set up and doesn’t need additional endeavors.
- In case your organization has branches in different areas, the business phone system joins them. All workers will be coordinated into one organization.
- There are specific settings for the productive following to the call place administrators. In this way, you may build excellent call quality.
Applications of Virtual Business Phone Systems
A virtual phone is used in many industries, majorly in phone service industries, to receive a large volume of calls. The most common application of virtual phone system are:
- Telecommunications: To make calls and provide different services, even telecommunication companies use a business phone system.
- Government entities: Almost all government entities use some sort of business phone system that is virtual or cloud-based to proliferate about schemes and promote political parties.
- Hospitals: In case of emergency, it is easy to garner information about reports, tests, and other queries.
- Banks: All banking information can be accessed through business phone systems.
- College/schools: Business phone systems types of software can provide all institution features with pre-recorded messages.
- Multinational Companies: To manage a large number of client queries and provide solutions
- Sales: It is easy to provide tertiary services using virtual business phone systems and manage them efficiently.
How does Virtual Phone System work?
Calls are connected between toll-free or local phone numbers and users through a virtual phone system. These cloud phone services operate through all telecom infrastructure and Public-Switched Telephone Network, also known as PSTN. At the heart of a virtual phone system, Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) exists.
Extensions of phones exist virtually, not as actual lines. Any current business phone numbers, including vanity numbers, can be used. From there, with VoIP codecs, your phone calls are converted from analog sound to achieve superior call quality.
VoIP providers set up a redundant network of data centers. In the event of extreme weather, automatic failover of communications to other servers without moving a muscle.
How to select the right Virtual Phone System Software
Business phone systems are an imperative piece of your organization’s inbound and outbound communication methodology. A decent phone system incorporates features that help the two workers and clients, similar to client expansions, voice messages, auto-specialist, and CRM mixes. It ought to be moderate, simple to utilize, and upheld by substantial client care. One should consider a virtual phone system dependent on the following rules:
- Value: The cost should be founded on the supplier’s features and the number of clients incorporated.
- Visual Voicemail: Virtual phone systems can advance voice message or fax message connections to a favored email address so they can be reached distantly from any cell phone or PC.
- Auto-Attendant: This guarantees that all approaching calls are naturally observed with a pre-recorded welcome paying little mind to the calling hour.
- Client assistance: The sorts of client service every supplier offered alongside its online openness and lived long support periods of accessibility. The application should be easy to use.
- Access to Mobile: For easy access, many virtual phone systems offer a mobile app so that you can respond from any location in the world to customers with unprecedented agility.
- Customer service: it is ideal to have technical help support for the clients if any issue arises.
- Usability: Simple phone system is set-up. Simplicity in handling gives an extra edge to the client and also to the employee of the company.
- Virtual local numbers and Toll-Free numbers: Digital phone networks provide worldwide access to local and toll-free numbers. Without the hardware cost of each number, users can operate any national number.
Top 10 Best Virtual Business Phone System solutions
There are multiple virtual phone systems prevalent in the market. Here we have sort listed the best among the several best-suited solutions for small business owners and middle business enterprises.
LinkedPhone aims to free companies from the limitations of conventional business phone systems. Virtual numbers by LinkedPhones can be an ideal way to minimize administrative expenses. Its characteristics include a new level of versatility and agility for small teams or multilevel companies otherwise not available for legacy solutions.
LinkedPhone systems are user-friendly, inexpensive, and mobile-friendly. LinkedPhone only takes a few to set-up a business phone line. LinkedPhone motivates modern professionals to work from anywhere.
- Numbers for Business Phones: Select any local number or toll-free phone number. Port your current business phone numbers to LinkedPhone if you already have a number you would like to hold.
- Business Phone Number
- Unlimited Business Minutes and messages
- Business Contacts
- Business Number Caller ID and porting
- Voicemail Messages and transcription
- Mobility in Company: A phone system(virtual) built on the cloud empowers you to operate anywhere, on any device. Your current devices, including cell phones, landlines, and even your computer, all work with LinkedPhone. Other features like:
- Link Any Phone or Device
- Mobile App for iOS & Android
- Phone System Dashboard
- Company Collaboration: Will they have business partners or members of a team? Link their appliances in seconds. Share a popular business phone number. Other features including:
- Add Your Team
- Team Contacts
- Live phone Calls Transfer
- Client Notes
- Customize with your company: Big-company technology is now at your disposal. To treat incoming calls like a pro, use call menu choices. Other features including:
- Virtual Receptionist
- Phone Calls Screening
- Phone Calls Routing
- Phone Calls Queue
- Company Directory
- Call Recording
- LinkedPhone plans include
- SOLOPRENEUR PLAN: $14.99 per month, the perfect plan for 1-person small businesses.
- ENTREPRENEUR PLAN: $19.99 per month, link up to 3 personal phone or team devices.
- SMALL TEAM PLAN: $49.99 per month, link up to 8 personal or team devices.
- A free trial for all the above trials is available.
- For more details about the company, features, pricing policy, visit LinkedPhone.
2. UniTel Voice
UniTel Voice is a business virtual phone system estimated and intended for new companies and entrepreneurs. Regarding moderateness, highlights, call quality, convenience, or client service, UniTel Voice has you covered. UniTel Voice takes all the highlights and usefulness of other driving auto-attendant business phone systems and improves them.
With UniTel Voice, there’s no equipment to keep up or programming to download. You can deal with all your cloud-based business phone system highlights on the web.
- Professional greeting: Enunciate professionally with your customers by a personalized greeting by the virtual receptionist and voice menu options for your business number. After hours, keep your company going other features like:
- Special greeting
- Phone Calls forwarding
- Business voicemail.
- Business phone number to any phone: Build a professional appearance by connecting to your current home, office, or cell phone a different land or toll-free number. Make outbound calls that reflect your business number as your caller ID from your mobile phone. Other features like:
- Call Logs
- Hold music
- Take business calls on any phone: Build extensions for departments and workers that ring and forward multiple phones in any order: home, workplace, or mobile phones.
- Calling ID: Know when a client is calling so that you can respond professionally. Forward your business phone to a colleague, or send the caller a professional greeting and voicemail from the organization if inaccessible.
- Call Blocking
- Caller ID Display
- Call Recording
- Conference Calling
- Voicemail Transcription
- SMS Toll-Free number texting
- Customer support: Customer service from UniTel Voice is not outsourced to an overseas call center. And a real person is always willing to help.
- Unitel voice offers four types of calling plans.
- Start-Up: $9.99 per month, per number
- Unlimited: $29.99 per month, per phone number
- Office: $49.99 per month, per phone number
- Custom: Get a custom quote.
- Different plans offer different features and qualities.
- UniTel also offers the liberty to change plans and a 30-day risk-free trial.
- For more information, ping to UniTel Voice.
Talkroute is among the best virtual phone system for turning your smartphone or laptop into an entirely usable, professional business phone solution. TalkRoute gives a live demo of their phone service, which you can use to see how the phone service will fit your current processes. For small and growing companies that don’t need advanced features, this one is perfect. You can still have some of the more advanced stuff with them.
- Call Forwarding and call routing: Provides the ability to forward incoming calls to another phone number from one phone number. Call Routing allows you to route incoming calls through our desktop app or mobile app directly to your PC by specifying which user(s) should receive calls.
- Hold music: Holding music is a perfect way to hold the callers more pleasantly. With your Talkroute account, you can upload your audio files and use them.
- Transfer with Codes: Talkroute assigns all of your phone numbers, extensions, menu options, and voice mailboxes with transfer codes. By simply dialing the unique Transfer Code, you can now transfer any live call. Transfer to department, individual, or company.
- Other functions and features are summarized in brief.
- Phone numbers: Local numbers, toll-free numbers, 800 & vanity phones.
- Call Forwarding: Forward & route everywhere the company calls.
- Text Messages: Send & receive calls, business messages on SMS & MMS.
- Call Menus: Auto Attendant/IVR Single & Multi-Stage.
- Voicemail Service: On our apps, online, & by email, get voice messages.
- Desktop app & mobile app: macOS, Windows, Linux, iOS & Android apps are available.
- Transfer Live Call: Transfer to extensions, offices & voicemail live calls.
- Call Stacking: When receiving several calls at once, no more busy signals.
- Custom Salutations: Customize the welcome, menu, greetings for voicemail & more with a virtual receptionist.
- Call Recording: Record your calls, incoming & outgoing.
- Operation Hours: Set dates & times as per comfort.
- Users & Authorizations: Create and grant special access permissions for account users.
- Caller ID: Display the name & number of your organization on the outgoing caller ID.
- Reporting: Run comprehensive reports of history & export your call info.
- Talkroute provides four plans with differential features and prices.
- Basic: $19 per month for entrepreneurs
- Plus:$39 per month for growing teams
- Pro: $59 per month for organizations
- Enterprise: $99/ month for multiple features
- Contact Talkroute for more knowledge about prices, features, and other plans.
CallHippo is a virtual phone system with simple features at decent pricing. CallHippo may help teams enhance their customer service, assess and maximize their employees’ productivity, and train new employees to work within their system’s processes. For groups who want to identify their sales and support processes directly via their business phone provider, CallHippo is an excellent solution.
- Smart Call Forwarding: To stay available even on-the-go, each user may opt to have calls forwarded to multiple phones.
- Call Transfer: The Call Transfer function enables you to redirect a related call to a team member.
- Conference Calling: It’s a feature that will allow you to connect your two-way call to a third party and transform it into a three-way conference.
- Call Queuing: A call queue places incoming calls in a line.
- Call Barging: Call Barging is when it is agreed to reach the conference bridge by a supervisor who quietly controls the call.
- Call Recording: To help track your success as a team, record every call on each of your numbers.
- On Hold Music: CallHippo’s On Hold Music is a perfect way to keep your callers entertained and active while your custom music is on hold or uploaded.
- Power Dialer: With CallHippo’s super-efficient Power Dialer function, deliver your daily calling commitments like a pro.
- Global Connect: Global Connect allows you to consider the best time for your foreign customers to call.
- Callhippo provides four plans included with several features.
- Bronze: $14 per client/Month for Startups (Minimum 2 Users)
- Silver: $24 per user/Month, Ideal for a Small Team (also every feature of bronze).
- Platinum: $35 per user/Month Preferred for SMB Sales, Support & Marketing Teams (also every feature of silver).
- Enterprise: Customized Solutions Tailor-Made for You ((also every feature of platinum).
- To access other details about features and pricing plans, visit Callhippo.
All your incoming business calls are answered professionally and routed by eVoice, making you sound like a big, successful company. A powerful collection of features are included in the eVoice phone service that enables you to operate your company from any smartphone, no matter where you are. You can easily customize eVoice to meet your business needs. Their plans include a local or toll-free number that is free of charge.
- Phone numbers: Select an existing number to port, or choose a new local or national number. Incorporate toll-free numbers.
- Voicemail to text: EVoice transcribes up to 40 voicemails each month, and the text is sent to you via email or text message.
- Conference call: Connecting effortlessly with remote staff. Calls from the host conference with up to 94 participants.
- Auto-Attendant: Customize and provide options for quickly guiding callers to the right individual or department.
- Call queuing: Calls may be queued instead of sent to a voicemail if anyone is not immediately available.
- Call routing: Build as many routing schedules as you need with various rules.
- Ring sequential or simultaneous: Calls ring simultaneously or sequentially one after the other on several lines before one of your colleagues is free to respond.
- Custom greetings: Record a professional greeting for you by our virtual receptionist.
- Call Forwarding: Build rules to get all calls sent to your smartphone, colleague, or directly to voicemail.
- eVoice offers two plans included with several features.
- Elite Monthly: $14 per user/month
- Customize: you can choose features as per your need.
- Plans include extra discounts based on the billing period.
- Get started with a risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee.
- For more details about eVoice, visit eVoice.
Callture is a business and residential VoIP phone service provider that provides customers of all sizes with tools and communication services. Callture includes a virtual phone system with distinctive characteristics that help it stand out from the competition. If you frequently find yourself requiring additional context when you get on a call, Callture will assist.
- Toll-Free Number: A toll-free phone number provides customers who want to contact you from anywhere free of charge.
- Never Miss a Call: Forward calls to your smartphone, landline, or VoIP phone from your business phone system. Simultaneously or sequentially, forward calls to all of your phone numbers.
- Internet Fax: Your customers can send faxes the same way to this number. When our machine receives a fax, it is converted to pdf.
- Unified Communication: Video conferencing, talk, email, and presence are included in Callture Unified Communication.
- Texts with Your Callture Business Number: Using your business caller ID rather than your cell phone to send messages from your mobile phone to your business customers.
- Listen or Read Voicemail on Mobile devices: Voicemails are transcribed as a text or an email and submitted. Voicemails are often provided as a voice file via email, which can be played on your cell phone.
- Conference Calling: Configure a conference call at any time for up to 10 people. To train your customers or hold a sales meeting, you can use this.
- Cloud-Based Enterprise Phone System: It utilizes all the PBX system features with fully loaded enterprise hardware. There are no upfront costs, and it is hassle-free to use.
- The pricing policy by Callture is based on the number of the user.
- For one User, $26.50/month (per user)
- For 2-4 Users $26.50/month (per user)
- For 5-20 Users: $26.50/month (per user)
- For 21+ users $26.50/month (per user)
- More information on pricing and features is given on Callture.
The virtual phone system by MightyCall is built for small enterprises. Their approach makes setting up and starting to use their virtual phone system easy. This virtual phone system’s spotlight feature is the built-in CRM that lets you monitor contacts and better communicate with your customer base. Since their design features an in-depth analytics and tracking system, you will be able to control your team’s activities and recognize areas for improvement via your phone system. MightyCall web app and mobile app are also available.
- Business Contact Book: You can save a caller’s name, multiple numbers, and email address with our Contact Book feature.
- History of communications: You will see your entire contact history with clients in the Journal tab as a core component in our mobile app and the desktop edition.
- Voicemail and Voicemail-to-text: If you and your team can’t answer an incoming call, the auto-attendant will route it to voicemail.
- Call recording: Call recording is a machine that records all your calls automatically.
- VIP & Block List call routing: You can customize individual call routing regulations for regular and VIP lists. Package includes personal greetings, call queues, routing of calls, and other characteristics.
- Visual call flow configuration: The call flow design will help you remain on top of your call forwarding and call routing rules to make the most of each call.
- Call transfer: With the WebPhone, you can pass a call with only two clicks of the mouse.
- Conference call: With a conference call, without the need to assemble all in the same venue, you may hold joint discussions with partners or remote workers.
- Presence Indicator: MightyCall takes all the tiny information into account, so they let each member set their availability status for receiving incoming calls using your phone system.
- Consultative calls: If the client wants to consult someone else, you can put the client on hold quickly and do so without hanging up.
- Dial-By-Name: Dial-by-name from directories. Instead of getting the numbers of people memorized, only put in the person’s name to call them.
- All the four plans provided by the MightyCall are provided below.
- Basic: $29.99 per month for small businesses
- Standard: $49.99 per month For established/small businesses with multiple employees
- Ultimate: $99.99 per month for communication-centric businesses with a massive call load
- Custom: Organize your plan as per the need and get a fair price.
- For more information, contact MightyCall.
RingCentral is a tool that provides enterprises with virtual phone number collaboration solutions. This solution allows you to represent video chat, internet phone, group messaging, etc. Without new hardware, this program will enable you to use a virtual phone service. RingCentral gives companies an immediate 800 number and a free 15-day trial so that before they commit to a monthly contract, they can provide the phone service a shot.
- Call forwarding: Always be in the appropriate place to take calls at the right moment. To the caller, call forwarding is entirely transparent.
- Call Flip: You can simply switch a continuous call between your desk phone, cell phone, or softphone with Call Flip.
- Call Park: Parking a phone allows you to keep calls from any desk phone in your device in a virtual location and retrieve them.
- RingOut: RingOut makes one-touch calls from any phone or device with an Internet connection.
- Virtual receptionist: “Ruby,” the receptionist, is the virtual receptionist for an easy transition.
- Intercom: You can announce to colleagues across all your office locations via desk phones using the intercom.
- Paging: Paging allows several desk phones and overhead paging systems to make real-time, one-way announcements.
- Accessories, supplies, and phone service: RingCentral cloud phone service provides robust business support as it is simple to manage across all your locations, incorporates all your customers, offers multiple calling options, and seamlessly integrates with your preferred smartphone.
- Video meetings: A more intelligent way to talk. Get more accomplished with video conferencing and built-in team messaging before, during, and after sessions.
- RingCentral offers robust plans and extraordinary features in four tiers.
- Essentials: $29.99 per month/user
- Standard: $34.99 per month/user
- Premium: $44.99 per month/user
- Ultimate: $59.99 per month/user
- All the above packages include different features. To know about those qualities, visit RingCentral.
MyOperator is a New Delhi, India-based, cloud-based phone service provider company. Their Cloud PBX framework enables companies to share calls between members of their teams, ensuring scalability. MyOperator’s device doesn’t need costly hardware to be mounted. Their platform focuses on providing small businesses inside their enterprise a full business phone solution for individual departments.
- Pick your Company Number:
- Number virtual: At the backend of a centralized business number, add numerous phone numbers.
- Toll-Free Number: Let your customers call you free of charge and make your brand more identifiable.
- Vanity Numbers: With a phone number that is easy to use and remember, improve the brand recall value.
- Analyze your business phone call traffic:
- Call recording: To grasp the requirements of your callers, analyze your customer conversations.
- Call tracking: To ensure that you do not miss any possible leads, track and control all your business calls.
- Push reports: Via SMS and email, get comprehensive statistics of your business calls.
- Connect callers to the right agent:
- Multi-level IVR: Customize your IVR and simultaneously manage several calls.
- Voicemail facility: When none of the agents are available, let your callers leave their message in the voicemail.
- Intercom facility: Move calls by extension dialing to agents and boost your inner contact.
- Supplementary characteristics:
- CRM Integration: To view your call logs from one location, integrate your current CRM with MyOperator.
- SSL security: Encrypted communication through data encryption between the web browser and the server.
- API Integration: Integrate your framework with the MyOperator public API to extract the data you need.
- Two types of plans are there which are further divided as follows:
- Office IVR System:
- Local numbers: $10 per month for easier call management
- Toll-free phone number: $10 per month for better brand image
- Cloud Call Center:
- Desk plan: $45 per month, Call rate: $ 0.023 per min
- Prime plan: $200 per month, Call rate: $ 0.023 per min
- Enterprise plan: Contact MyOperator for a customized plan.
- For more information on plan details and inclusive features, visit MyOperator.
Sound more professional and stay linked with Grasshopper, the innovative phone system for small businesses and entrepreneurs. Grasshopper operates much like a conventional phone system but needs no hardware, and our desktop and mobile apps allow you to connect on your cell phone, in the workplace, or at home from anywhere business takes place.
- Desktop + Mobile Apps: On your desktop, iPhone, or Android smartphone, stay linked with Grasshopper.
- Business Texting: Provide your business number with updates and fast answers via text messaging.
- Call Forwarding: Route business calls to your private phone or another member of the team.
- VoIP/Wi-Fi Calling: To make and receive calls when cell coverage is low, use your internet connection.
- Business phone number: Pick from our vanity, local, or toll-free number inventory. Or port of your number.
- Incoming phone Control: Screen callers, block calls and set up your business hours with custom schedules.
- Custom Greetings: Record polite messages that welcome your client while calling.
- Digital fax: Get incoming faxes sent right to your email inbox as PDF attachments.
- Simultaneous Call Handling: At the same time, take calls from several persons so that nobody detects a busy signal.
- Voicemail: Set up a voicemail for business phones and receive calls by email MP3s of your messages.
- Pricing policies are divided into three basic programs.
- Solo: $26 per month (includes three extensions with and one phone number)
- Partner: $44 per month (six extensions and includes three phone number)
- Small Business: $80 per month (unlimited extensions and five phone numbers).
- All the above prices are for annual billing per month; prices may vary. To know about different billing plans and features, visit Grasshopper.
Business phone systems are very much necessary while managing different calls across the world. If you are one of the small business owners or remote team or an independent contractor, these given solutions take the trouble out and guarantee that your team never misses a call. Virtual phone systems allow you and your team to take advantage of improved reliability, better call quality and a wealth of advanced features.
Frequently Asked Questions
How does a virtual phone call work?
A phone comes in. The virtual service routes the phone to each representative’s landline or mobile phone, either via the phone tree given with your account or directly to the forwarding numbers. The phones are handled as efficiently as a classic by the system.
How much is a virtual phone number?
There are several ways to buy virtual phone numbers. You can add a business phone number to your current package through your VoIP provider if your company already has a Voice over Internet Protocol system. Phone system(virtual) number costs typically $10 per number per month.
How do I receive a call on my virtual phone?
Like every other phone number, people can dial your virtual phone number to contact you, and for the caller, the experience is the same. The only difference is that it is then automatically redirected to your phones and starts to ring those phones when the call comes in from your virtual number.
Do virtual phone numbers safe?
Virtual phone system numbers are an excellent choice for personal use because they allow users to mask their location and remain secure while also allowing easy access through their devices. These numbers are useful for someone who needs to have more control over who can access and use their phone number.