Microsoft has gone to great lengths to make Windows 10 licensing as simple as possible. There are situations when product activation may not go as planned. You want to install Windows 10 for the first time or transfer your license to a new computer. Your product key is a valuable item that you must possess. Maybe you don’t have a Windows 10 product key.
You can file the product key away after you’ve completed a Windows 10 Home to Pro upgrade successfully. Your update has been converted to a digital license tied to your specific hardware. Microsoft’s activation servers will detect your hardware and immediately activate Windows 10.
System Requirements of Windows 10
Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster processor or System on a Chip (SoC)
RAM: 1 gigabyte (GB) for 32-bit or 2 GB for 64-bit (DDR4 preferred)
Hard drive size: 32GB (minimum) or larger hard disk
Graphics card/ Display Card: Compatible with DirectX 9 or later
How to Upgrade to Windows 10?
- To open the Run window, hold the WINDOWS+R on your keyboard, type slui.exe, and click OK.
- Enter your Windows 10 Professional product key as indicated in the dialogue box.
- If the OEM key isn’t working, try the Windows 10 Pro product key that Microsoft has available to consumers who want to update their systems.
(This will upgrade your Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro, but it will not activate Windows 10 Pro.) Follow steps in the next heading to upgrade windows to Professional
- After the upgrade is finished, you can activate Windows 10 Pro with your OEM key.
- Select Settings from the Start menu in the bottom left corner of your screen (you can alternatively press WINDOWS+I to enter the Settings window).
- Select the Activation tab on the left after clicking Update & Security. Click the Change product key in the Activation tab.
- Insert your OEM key to Activate Windows 10 Professional and click Next.
Learn how to Switch Windows 10 product key
- To open Settings, use Windows key + I, go to Update & security, and Activation.
- In the field provided, change the product key and the product key from Microsoft. (VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T)
- If you allow the program to make modifications, a User Account Control dialogue box may appear, asking if you wish to enable it to do so. Yes, it should be selected.
- Now type in the product key for Windows 10 Pro.
(Before beginning the upgrade, make sure your work is saved and all applications on your computer are closed.)
- Your upgrading will now begin if you follow the instructions. It’s very common for your computer to reboot throughout the update process.
How to Locate Windows 10 Product Key?
Windows 10 is available as a digital download or a fully boxed product that you can buy in a store. The Microsoft Store is where you can get your Windows 10 license. Your Microsoft Account has a copy of the product key.
A copy of the product key will also be sent to you in a confirmation email from Microsoft. Examine your junk folder if you don’t get the confirmation email. Log onto the Microsoft Store > Downloads > Product Keys > Subscription page if you still can’t find it.
What If you Don’t Do Windows 10 Activation?
Even if you don’t activate Windows 10, you may still use it for free on your PC. You can get Windows 10 Pro or Home to operate almost smoothly on your PC.
Negative Consequences of Not Activating Windows
- If you receive Windows 10 for free and don’t have a digital license, you’ll see this watermark on your desktop.
- You won’t be able to update Personalization items in the Settings menu unless you activate the version of Windows 10.
- It means you won’t be able to customize your desktop wallpapers, slideshows, or backdrops.
- Additionally, the colors of the Start, taskbar, Action Center, and light or dark color schemes.
- The lack of custom aesthetics can be depressing, especially if you prefer to change colors and graphics.
- If you right-click a picture from the web or a personal photo and select “Set as Background,” you can still change your wallpaper.
- If you acquire Windows 10 for free and don’t activate it, Microsoft disables your customization options.
- If you don’t activate Windows 10, Microsoft won’t provide you with any technical help.
Some of the “Windows 10 Product keys” for Genuine Windows 10
- Windows 10 Professional Key: W269N-WFGWX-YVC9B-4J6C9-T83GX
- Windows 10 Pro build 10240: VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T
- Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB Key: 92NFX-8DJQP-P6BBQ-THF9C-7CG2H
- Windows 10 Enterprise G: YYVX9-NTFWV-6MDM3-9PT4T-4M68B
- Windows 10 Pro for Workstations: NRG8B-VKK3Q-CXVCJ-9G2XF-6Q84J
- Windows 10 Education Key: NW6C2-QMPVW-D7KKK-3GKT6-VCFB2
- Windows 10 Pro 2020: W269N-WFGWX-YVC9B-4J6C9-T83GX
- Windows 10 Professional N Key: MH37W-N47XK-V7XM9-C7227-GCQG9
- Windows 10 Enterprise Key: NPPR9-FWDCX-D2C8J-H872K-2YT43
- Windows 10 Enterprise N Key: DPH2V-TTNVB-4X9Q3-TJR4H-KHJW4
Buy Microsoft Windows10 Student from Microsoft store.
Microsoft is providing free copies of Windows 10 to students at some universities and high schools. Allow them to get a free copy of Windows 10 Education from Microsoft Store.
Some schools offer Windows 10 for free or for $15 to students and teachers, respectively.
- Windows 10 Education is identical to Windows 10 Enterprise, Microsoft’s most powerful Windows 10 edition.
- Security, device control, management, and deployment are all things that Windows 10 Home lacks.
- In contrast to Windows 10 Home, Windows 10 Education includes client and host remote desktop and remote app functionality. Hyper-V and other programs such as AppLocker and BitLocker are also available.
- If you’re not a student but have a .edu email, I don’t encourage using the system. If you’re detected, Microsoft has the power to make you pay regardless.
- This offer is void if you make false statements about your eligibility. Microsoft maintains the right to reclaim the total amount of the product(s) you ordered.
How to Find Windows 10 Key Using Command Prompt?
Using the Command Prompt, locate your Windows 10 product key. You’ll need administrator rights to run the command line application.
- To do so, go to the Windows search box and type “cmd.”
- In the search results, you’ll see Command Prompt. Right-click it and pick “Run As Administrator” from the pop-up menu.
- Once the window is apparent, copy and paste the following command, then press Enter:
- wmic path softwarelicensingservice get OA3xOriginalProductKey
The new and improved Windows is waiting for you when you upgrade to Windows 10. Windows 10 Pro looks and feels very much like previous versions of Windows. It offers a more tailored experience that builds on your past preferences.