The following steps show one method to upgrade Quality Center (QC) 10 to QC 11
1. Deactivate the project in version 10.
(NB: If this is a version control project ensure all checked out entities have been checked in before taking a backup of the project)
2. Make a DB backup of the QC project schema.
3. Make a backup of the QC 10 project folder from the repository on the file system.
4. Create a new project in QC 11 and name it the same way as the desired restored project name.
5. Remove the newly created project from QC 11. (DO NOT DELETE IT)
6. Restore the DB backup of the QC 10 project schema in the new DB server on the schema that was created when the new QC 11 project was created and restore project repository to the new location.
7. Link the td user with the td login by executing the below SQL query on the restored project schema in the DB server:
EXEC sp_change_users_login ‘update_one’, ‘td’, ‘td’
exec sp_change_users_login ‘report’
8. Edit the dbid.xml file. There is only 1 entry that needs to be edited from Y to N, please check below:
9. Delete the folder called "ProjRep" and leave just the already edited dbid.xml file.
10. Restore the project from Site Administrator.
11. Run the Verify tool.
12. Run the Repair tool if needed.
13. Upgrade the project.
14. Activate the project.
15. Login in order to verify if everything is ok.