Are you facing update issues with the Amazon Fire TV device? There are many reasons to keep your Fire Stick TV up to date. After all, it is your favorite platform to stream CBS, Netflix, HBO Max, Disney Plus, Hulu, and other channels. Let’s not forget Prime Videos.
Before you begin troubleshooting, make sure that your device has enough storage space. And remember, this article is about how to update an Amazon Fire TV. It has nothing to do with Dolby Vision or updating apps.
Some people wonder if it is a good idea to use custom launchers. The launcher manager won’t help you out. Try to adhere to the solutions given below.
How to Update An Amazon Fire TV Devices?
1. Check For Automatic Updates
Whether you have a 2nd-Gen fire TV cube or a 3rd-gen Fire TV stick, each version comes with auto-updates. All you need is an active internet connection. If you’re having problems with the Wi-Fi, you can use the ethernet cable.
- Either way, the first thing for you to do is check the automatic update process.
- If you’re having issues, check your Wifi router.
- Contact your internet service provider if your connection is facing issues.
- Usually, you could contact an online help to get the process. They could provide some instructions to configure it with your own hands.
- If not, you could also try using express VPN and other similar services. If nothing works, move to the other solutions given below.
2. Go To The Settings From The Menu
Like any other device, settings are where you make changes to your Amazon Fire TV. This includes browsing for updates and more.
- First, make sure that you’re on the home screen. There is a menu bar there.
- Use the remote’s buttons to navigate to the Settings Menu and click OK or Select.
- Now, select ‘My Fire TV.’ You might have to go to ‘System’ in some versions first. Common in 2nd-gen Fire TV Stick.
3. Go To ‘About’ On Amazon Fire TV Stick
The ‘About’ on the Android devices like Amazon tells you a lot. It tells about the current version, OS, and licenses. So, it is a vital tool. You will also need it to update your device.
- Once you’re in the device or system settings, find the ‘About’ option.
- The option will show you the information on the device’s software version.
- The latest Fire OS will start searching for the latest version.
- In some versions, the About is not needed. There will be a ‘Check For Update’ option separately.
4. Check For The Latest Fire TV Software Update
- If you go to About, it will show you if your device is up to date.
- You might have the option to click on ‘Check For Software Update.’ There could also be a Refresh option.
- In some cases, as mentioned above, the Check For Update option is separate. So, make sure to keep an eye out for that.
- It all depends on whether you have a 2nd gen or 3rd gen system, among other things.
5. Install System Update
- If your device is up to date, you won’t get any option to update the system.
- If there is an update available, the TV shows an Update option. It could be the ‘Install Update’ option.
- Either way, click on it.
- As mentioned earlier, make sure that you have internet connectivity. Let the Fire’s Android do the job.
6. Let Amazon Fire Stick Take Time
It could take anywhere between 5 minutes to an hour. Usually, the Fire TV stick will show you how long it will take. It also depends on your connection’s speed and the update’s size.
Try not to use your TV for the time being. Don’t press any button on the Remote, nor should you press the pause button. Don’t tamper with the power source either. Let the update take its time.
You could try relaunching the updates if it is stuck for more than a few hours.
7. Restart the Amazon Fire TV Device
Once you’re done installing the latest update, your TV might restart automatically. If it doesn’t do that, it is a good idea for you to do so.
Always restart the TV after an update. Remember that the update could force the TV to work slowly. It could be working on background configurations.
Conclusion – Update Firestick Device
You can stream your favorite movies or YouTube videos on Amazon Fire TV. Now, if none of these steps work, you could contact support. There is also an option for you just to reset the device. If needed, you could risk using customer launchers and other tools.
But, we hope this guide helped you get what you were looking for. If not, don’t forget that the older the device gets, the more challenging it becomes to update. It might not even support the latest updates. So, have fun!