Ubisoft is a video game publisher best known for popular franchises. Ubisoft makes many games like Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Just Dance, and Tom Clancy’s series. It has its own video game distribution platform, Uplay. It allows you to manage Ubisoft games and material on your computer conveniently. If you’re a PC player, there’s a good chance you already have this program installed.
When you open the Uplay, you get the “Ubisoft service is currently unavailable” message. A mixture can make this error message of circumstances in Ubisoft Connect. It ranges from a misconfigured computer clock to a network issue. To repair this, you’ll need to go through many troubleshooting procedures.
What Is The Ubisoft Services Not Available Error Message?
There is a difficulty with network access, or the Ubisoft service server is down. The “Ubisoft Service is Currently Unavailable” error message appears. Often, the issue can be remedied in a matter of minutes. Identifying the problem might be difficult and time-consuming at times.
I strongly advise you to look over the list I’ve compiled below. Identifying the problem might assist you in selecting the best troubleshooting strategy.
- Problems with the network
- There are multiple ways to fix problems with your computer’s network settings. Changing the host’s file, restarting the network, or assigning static IP and DNS addresses are all options.
- A faulty procedure is currently running.
- In ProgramData, there is a named executable that executes every time the game starts. Ending it may fix the problem.
- The time and date are improperly configured.
- Check to see if your computer’s time and date settings are correct. Almost all online services rely on the proper set up of time and date. Examine if this addresses the issue.
- Hamachi VPN
- Users who had Hamachi installed on their computers said that once they deleted Hamachi, the problem went away.
- IPv6 Internet Protocol Version
- The issue seems to happen only when the IPv6 protocol is utilized to connect. The problem can be easily solved by shifting to IPv4.
- Check Ubisoft Servers
- “End Task” Any Random Task in Task Manager
- Disable/Configure IPv6 Settings
- Use Stable/Static DNS And IP Addresses
- Use SFC For Missing Or Corrupt System Files
- Correct Date And Time Settings
- Resolving Connectivity Issues
- Uninstall Hamachi VPN Network
- Reset Hosts Files
- Perform A Network Reset On Windows 10
- Connecting To Ubisoft Support
1. Check Ubisoft Servers
Ensure to check out the real Facebook and Twitter accounts as well. Also, news banners on the Ubisoft support page to ensure that services are not degraded. Servers may be unavailable due to maintenance or upgrades.
Your computer settings may be messed up, resulting in additional issues. Other programs and software on your device may be affected. Check if the “Ubisoft service is currently unavailable” error is solved.
2. “End Task” Any Random Task in Task Manager
There is a damaged file that is operated from ProgramData. Ubisoft owns it. It becomes corrupt, preventing users from using the utility at all. Its name isn’t the same for everyone. Task Manager will recognize it as a series of entirely unconnected letters. Check if the “Ubisoft service is currently unavailable” error is solved.
- Open the Ubisoft game. Wait for the “Ubisoft service is currently unavailable” message to appear.
- To open the Task Manager utility. Hit the Ctrl + Shift + Esc key combination while pressing the keys at the same time.
- Expand Task Manager, click More details in the lower-left corner of the window.
- Maintain Your Processes Scroll down till you come to the list of processes. Now seek a file with a name like the one in the image below.
- Choose it, then press the End Task button in the lower right corner of the window.
- When attempting to complete the task, confirm any dialogues that may arise.
3. Disable/Configure IPv6 Settings
On your PC, disable Internet Protocol version 6 connectivity. It will address the difficulty for a significant number of users. It’s a simple solution to the problem. It makes this procedure worthwhile, and you should use it as part of your troubleshooting.
- Use the Windows + R key combination to start the Run dialogue box right away. In the window, type ncpa.cpl.
- Access the Network Connection Settings item in the Control Panel, click OK.
- Manually opening the Control Panel does the same result.
- At the top, select Network and Internet. To open it, click the Network and Sharing Center button.
- Locate and click the Change adapter settings button on the left menu.
- Double-click your active Network Adapter when the Internet Connection window opens up.
- Then go to Properties and look for the entry for Internet Protocol Version 6 in the list.
- Click OK after deselecting the checkbox next to this entry. Check to see whether the problem persists after restarting your computer to confirm the modifications.
4. Use Stable/Static DNS And IP Addresses
Use a static IP and DNS address. It may assist you in connecting to the Ubisoft server. It is not a significant problem because your computer’s IP and DNS address change over time, but it has helped a few users reconnect to Uplay. Check if the “Ubisoft service is currently unavailable” error is solved.
- Search for “cmd” or “Command” in the Start menu to open a Command Prompt window.
- Scroll down to the network adapter corresponding to the connection you’re using and type the command shown below.
- ipconfig /all
- Scroll down and note the Default Gateway, Subnet Mask, MAC Address, and DNS.
- To open the Run dialogue box, press the Windows + R key combination. In the bar, type ncpa.cpl and press OK. It will open the Control Panel’s Internet Connection Settings item.
- Right-click your active network adapter and select Properties from the drop-down menu. On the list, look for Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4).
- To pick it, tap it and then click the Properties icon underneath.
- In the Properties window, change the radio button to “Use the following DNS server addresses.”
- Change the DNS address to Google DNS addresses.
- Preferred DNS Server: 18.104.22.168
- Alternate DNS Server: 22.214.171.124
- Switch the settings to “Use the following IP address” and enter the same IP address as the Default Gateway you noted. Replace the last digit after the last dot with a different number.
- Fill out the rest of the form in the same manner as you made the notes.
5. Use SFC For Missing Or Corrupt System Files
Run the System File Checker to see whether the “Ubisoft service is currently unavailable” error message can be fixed. It will examine your system files for problems and repair or replace them if necessary. To do so, follow the steps below!
- Type “Command Prompt” into the Start menu to find it. Right-click the first entry that appears as a search result and select Properties. Choose the option to “Run as administrator.”
- In the window, type the commands below. After typing each one, make sure to press Enter. Wait for the message “Operation performed successfully.”
- sfc /scannow
- Check to see if the “Ubisoft service is currently unavailable” issue appears again after restarting your computer.
6. Correct Date And Time Settings
Using Ubisoft requires that your computer’s time and date are set correctly. It is a security standard that is used to prevent a variety of security vulnerabilities. You set up these settings correctly. The correct date and see if the “Ubisoft service is currently unavailable” error message is resolved. Uplay online services also require the right time and date configuration.
- Open the Start menu to access Windows 10 Settings. By clicking the cog icon in the bottom left corner of the Start menu, you may access the Settings App.
- Alternatively, you can launch Settings by pressing the Windows key + I key combination.
- Navigate to the Date and Time option on the left-side navigation menu after opening the Time & Language section.
- Ensure your PC date and time are set perfectly in the Date & Time tab. Depending on the current condition, you might try toggling the “Set time automatically” option on or off.
- Go to the Date dropdown menu and select the current month from the calendar to alter the date. Select the current date by clicking on it.
- Alter the time by clicking the hour, minutes, or seconds you want to change under Time. Then adjust the settings until you find the one that is correct for your time zone.
- Save the settings by clicking OK.
7. Resolving Connectivity Issues
Check if the “Ubisoft service is currently unavailable” error is solved. Before you start troubleshooting, make sure your connectivity is up to par.
- It is necessary to have a steady internet.
- To keep the Ubisoft network up and running. Disconnect any other devices that are linked to the same network as you.
- Connect the routers to the internet directly, rather than via other local networks.
- Check to see if your internet connection is fast enough to handle Uplay.
- If you’re using WiFi, consider using an Ethernet cable instead.
- Shut down any consoles and devices linked to the router, then shut it down and resume it after 60 seconds to reset network hardware. Connect your router to your device.
- Turn off all background programs.
- It is essential to set up port forwarding.
- Check for any variables that may prevent you from connecting to Uplay servers.
- It’s now time to see if the “Ubisoft service is currently unavailable” dialogue box has vanished, and you can play the game.
8. Uninstall Hamachi VPN Network
For any users, using Hamachi is a particular cause. It’s disturbing because consumers must choose between the two programs. Uplay is more necessary. You should consider uninstalling Hamachi.
- The Control Panel can be obtained by searching for it in the Start.
- If you’re using Windows 10, you may likewise open settings by selecting the cog symbol.
- Select View as “Category” in the corner (top right) of the Control Panel. Under the Programs section. Now, select Uninstall a Program.
- If you’re employing the Settings app, select Apps. It will produce a list of all the programs you’ve installed on your PC.
- Uninstall the LogMeIn Hamachi tool. Its removal wizard will begin, so follow the prompts to eliminate it.
- When the uninstaller has completed, click Finish and restart your PC to see if any issues have shown.
9. Reset Hosts Files
A host file is a short text file that the application uses to keep it operating. It can also be used to limit access to specific websites. Due to issues in the host files, problems connecting to the Ubisoft service server may occur. The problem can be determined by resetting the files.
- On your PC, look for the host file. Local disc “C:windowsSystem32driversetc” is the default location for sample host files.
- To open the file, double-click it or right-click it and pick open from the menu.
- If you can’t find the host file, you might have to look in the hidden files. To do so, go to the file explorer’s view menu and pick hidden things. To make the required file show, check the box next to it.
- To distinguish it, rename it to host.old.
- Open a word processor on your device to create a new host file. It could be a notepad, WordPad, or any other text processor.
- Copy the below code into the word processor you just launched.
# This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows. # This file contains the mappings of IP address to host names. Each # entry should be put on an individual line. The IP address should # be embedded in the first column followed by a similar host name. # The IP addresses and the host name should be divided by at least one space. # Additionally, comments may be included on individual lines or following the device name denoted by a '#' symbol. # For example: # 126.96.36.199 rhino.ace.com # source server # 188.8.131.52 y.ace.com # x client host # localhost name resolution is controlled within DNS itself. #127.0.0.1 localhost #::1 localhost
- Save this file by right-clicking it and selecting “Save As” in the same area as you got it. If it was hidden, save it to C: Windows/System32/Drivers/…
- Make sure the file has the.txt extension.
10. Perform A Network Reset On Windows 10
Another simple approach to resolving this issue is Network Reset performing. Check if the “Ubisoft service is currently unavailable” problem still appears on the PC.
- Using the Windows Key + R keys on your keyboard, launch the Run utility.
- Type “ms-settings:” in the newly created box and click OK to open the Settings tool.
- Alternatively, you can use your PC’s Settings tool. Click the start menu, then the cog icon in the bottom left corner.
- For the same result, press the Windows key + I key combination. To access the Network & Internet section, click.
- A network reset is a procedure for resetting a computer’s network settings.
- Check to verify if the problem still exists!
- Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see the blue Network Reset button. Click it and understand the directions that appear on-screen, making careful to follow all of them.
11. Connecting To Ubisoft Service Support
The last method for resolving the problem is to ask Ubisoft for help in identifying the problem and offering a suitable solution:
- Go to support.ubisoft.com for more information.
- At the end of the screen, click Contact Customer Support.
- Create a new customer service ticket.
- In the space provided, explain your problem.
- Attach files by clicking on them.
- Create a Microsoft information report.
- Hold the “Windows + R” key to bring up the Run box. After that, hit OK and type “msinfo32.”
- The system data will be accessed. Save the file to your computer’s desktop. From the drop-down option, select Export. Ensure the file is stored as a.txt file with the name MS INFO report.
- Create a diagnostic report for DirectX.
- By pressing “Windows + R,” you can access the run command. In the dialogue box that displays on the screen, type Dxdiag.
- The DirectX diagnostic tool will be launched as a result of this action. Select Save All Information, save the file to a convenient location, and name it DxDiag.
- Select the data you want to add from the window that appears after clicking the + sign.
- To complete the procedure, click “submit my case.”
- Wait patiently for a response from Ubisoft.
All the methods above will solve the “Ubisoft service is currently unavailable” problem. I hope you enjoyed and followed all of the stages above. However, if you have any questions or concerns, please contact us on provided accounts.
An issue with Ubisoft Services can be seen in this error message. The top of the page should be checked for any banners. If there are any updates or outages, keep an eye on Ubisoft’s official social media platforms.
What Happened To Ubisoft Connect?
There will be a new service known as Ubisoft Connect when Ubisoft Club and Uplay PC come together on October 27th, 2020. It is expected that Ubisoft would make the required adjustments in order to accommodate the switch. Ubisoft’s past titles’ achievements will also be accessible. It won’t be completely ported over to Ubisoft’s Connect platform.
“Ubisoft service is currently unavailable” Error can be seen on your PS 4 console. The Ubisoft online service is unavailable to you. In addition, there is a problem with the application. This problem is usually solved by repairing the internet connection or game update.
Why Can’t I Log Into Ubisoft Connect?
Our browser troubleshooting guide is a good place to start. Check out whether it works on a different network. Mobile data or another Wi-Fi network could be used to connect to the Internet. The most recent version of the Ubisoft Connect Desktop App should be installed. Take a look at the status of your Ubisoft Connect account.