Twitch is currently one of the highest-grossing, most popular streaming platforms, and video streaming app. Twitch is a haven for gamers who stream and viewers who watch their favorite games or streamer. Although it is available for most devices, you may feel unfortunate for having a Roku, as Twitch isn’t officially available on Roku anymore.
Roku is a popular streaming device yet you’re unable to enjoy your favorite stream on your big screen just because you can find Twitch no longer on Roku. It can be frustrating but don’t get disappointed just yet. Twitch app may not be available officially but its fans across the world have found ways to access it on Roku.
Is Twitch On Roku?
Twitch used to be on Roku tv until it was pulled from the Roku channel store by amazon. On Roku twitch can no longer be found if you look for it. You may wonder why is twitch no longer on Roku? well, It is believed to be done in order to attract more and more people to use fire sticks or fire tv.
It was done at a critical time when the pandemic was just starting and people had the time to relax and enjoy consumer media. It was disheartening for many twitch users, who watch twitch for entertainment and had new Roku devices.
Can You Watch Twitch On Roku Tv?
Although the twitch app is no longer on Roku. The fans can’t just give up and watch twitch on the small screen of mobile phones, and so shouldn’t you. You can still watch twitch on Roku using unofficial ways.
If You Are One of these people, and still wish to be able to watch and play twitch on Roku. Try the alternative ways and methods listed in this article, before you give up and switch to the twitch app on your mobile device or web browser.
How Do You Get Twitch On Roku Tv?
Since on Roku twitch is no longer available officially, you have limited yet effective options to play twitch in Roku. Below is the list of methods to watch twitch on Roku, that are tried and tested by users across the world.
- How to Watch Twitch on Roku tv Using Unofficial Channels
- Connect to the Official Twitch Channel
- Adding Twoku to Your Roku Device
- How to Watch Twitch on Roku Using Screen Mirroring
- How to Screen Mirror Twitch on Roku With Android
- How to Screen Mirror Twitch on Roku With macOS
- How to Screen Mirror Twitch on Roku With Windows
1. How To Watch Twitch On Roku Tv Using Unofficial Channels
Using different Roku channels, to access official twitch content is an effective way to get all your favorite content back. There are two ways to get around the decommissioning of the twitch channel and accessing it on Roku:
1. Connect To The Official Twitch Channel
The official Twitch channel is discontinued for Roku, despite that, you can add the twitch channels manually and obtain old feeds on your Roku device. To connect to the unofficial twitch channel follow these steps:
- Open the computer’s browser, go to the official website of Roku
- Sign in to your Roku account, move your cursor on your profile icon and select my account.
- Go to the manage account section, from my account page and select the “add channel with a code” option.
- In the search field type “
TWITCHTV“, clear the reCaptcha, and click “ok” on the popup warning message.
- On the next page click on yes and add the channel.
- Although the channel is added manually, you can still watch official twitch streams.
- launch channel recently added to the Roku device
- A prompt for the availability of channel will appear, select add channel to continue
- Enter your verification code and select ok, enjoy your stream on twitch.
2. Adding Twoku To Your Roku Device
The official channel, though secure and trusted, may not work that well as it is not really supported. You can still watch twitch using an unofficial client. By using TWOKU, a private channel on Roku, you can access your twitch content.
To add Twoku to your Roku device, follow these steps
- Visit the official Roku website and log into your account on a browser
- Move your cursor to the top right corner and hover over your profile icon
- Click on my account, and select the “add channel with a code” option
- In the channel access code field type “Twoku” and select add channel.
- Confirm reCaptcha, click ok in the warning message
- Then click on yes, add the Twoku channel on the next window.
- Open your Roku device and click on the prompt for new channel availability
- Launch Twoku channel, sign in to your original twitch account, and enjoy.
How To Watch Twitch On Roku Using Screen Mirroring
If all you want is to stream twitch on Roku again, on the tv screen without switching to firestick. Perhaps you can try casting your screen or screen mirroring. It may seem a little inconvenient at first but, you’re getting all you want without compromising to change the device.
It is a safe solution if you are skeptical about the using channels method.No matter, if you have iPhone, computer, or android, you have the option to enjoy twitch service on a Roku device using screen mirroring. below are the ways you can do it.
How To Screen Mirror Twitch On Roku With Android
- Go to Settings on your android phone.
- From the settings menu, navigate to the “Bluetooth &d device connection” section.
- In this section you’ll find a screencasting option, click on “cast”.
- From the top-right menu, enable wireless display.
- Select your Roku device from the drop-down menu.
- A pop-up message will appear on your Roku device, allow it to start screen mirroring
- You android screen will now be visible on your Roku device.
- Stream your favorite content on your android device from the twitch app.
- Unlike the setup steps, you can easily stop the mirroring once done watching.
- Just slide downwards on your android screen, tap on the screencast icon and choose disconnect.
How To Screen Mirror Twitch On Roku With MacOS
- Go to the menu bar in your Mac and click on the control center
- Then go to screen mirroring and select your Roku device
- A code will appear on your Roku device’s screen.
- In the prompt that appears on your mac, type this code and click on ok.
- The screen mirroring will start and your mac screen will appear on your Roku device.
- You can use an emulator to run the twitch app on mac and cast it on Roku.
- Or you can open a browser, visit the official twitch website, log in and stream your favorite content.
How To Screen Mirror Twitch On Roku With Windows
- Move your cursor to the bottom right corner of your windows and click on the notification icon.
- Or go to the settings and search projection settings.
- From the menu in the new window, click on “project”.
- Click on the duplicate option in the Project menu.
- From the bottom, click on “Connect to a wireless display”.
- A drop-down menu appears with a list of devices available for screen mirroring.
- Select your Roku device, and allow screen sharing through a prompt on the device.
- Your window screen will appear on your Roku device.
- You can download an emulator and stream on Roku using the twitch app.
- Or you can open your browser, go to the official twitch website
- log in to your account, and stream your favorite videos.
With these options and methods, watch twitch on your Roku device without any restrictions. Use the option most convenient to you and never again let these changes stop you from enjoying your relaxing session withTwitch.
Does Roku Support The Screen Mirror Option?
Roku device supports screen mirroring which can be done by enabling screen mirroring in the systems section, in the settings menu. You can cast your screen from Android, Mac, or windows to Roku. It is one of the effective ways to play twitch on Roku devices.
Which Devices Can I Download The Twitch App?
The twitch app allows cross-platform access. You can download the twitch app on android, iPhone. Even in Windows and MAC, you can download the twitch app using emulators.
Why Isn’t Twitch On Roku?
The twitch for Roku devices was believed to be pulled off the Roku channel store by amazon to allow the switch for customers from basic digital media players to fire sticks and fire tv, as Roku was direct competition for them.