Isn’t it annoying to get out of bed late at night just to switch off the lights? Well, you are not alone. After going through this article, turn off the bedroom light without getting out of bed easily.
Sometimes all of us feel tired and are just not ready to stand up just to switch off the lights.
It sounds very irritating when you’re in the lazy mood of staying just a “little longer in your bedroom.”
As technology rises, we have seen great advancements in this era that make human life easier. Technologies play an important part in smart home lighting systems because the whole model rests upon them.
I have listed some of the most popular technology with which you can turn off bedroom light without getting out of bed.
How To Turn Off Bedroom Light Without Getting Out Of Bed:
- Using Wifi Smart Lighting Systems
- Using Bluetooth-based lighting systems
- Some lighting systems that use ZigBee or Z-wave (Smart Lamp)
- Install Smart Appliances In Your Home
- Set up The Smart Light device to control your bedroom light
- Set up a Smart Light With Amazon Alexa Connection
- Set up Smart bulbs and smart plugs
- Google Home app
- Create a group in the Amazon Alexa app
- More Ways to Turn On The Bedroom Lights without Getting Out Of The Bed
1. Using Wifi Smart Lighting Systems
It will control your smart devices like switches, bulbs, and plugs through an infrared connection known as WIFI. This enables the user to access them remotely.
2. Using Bluetooth-based lighting systems
The users must operate locally and use Bluetooth-enabled mobile phones in these devices.
You won’t be able to use this if you don’t have a Bluetooth hub that acts as the medium between the devices and the internet.
3. Some lighting systems use ZigBee or Z-wave (Smart Lamp)
They use a local wireless router to operate these devices and also need a hub that connects to your wireless router.
It is interesting to know about these modern technologies. What seems more interesting is if we know the appliances of these modern technologies.
4. Install The Smart Appliances In Your Home
Installing Google and Alexa Devices provides the best functionality to automate your home.
You must install a smart light switch, plugs, smart bulb, smart lamp, or a combination.
All the devices will help you to turn off the bedroom light without getting out of bed.
Appliances of The Modern Technologies
Smart light bulbs – These bulbs look like your regular ones but are used to replace the old ones without any changes. They fit into the previous mixture and can connect on their own through a wifi network. You will have to buy a hub for it.
Smart switches are used to replace the in-wall switches with smart switches, and they are installed within your home electrical system, making it a more cost-effective solution than smart bulbs.
Smart Plugs – It makes your old light mixture into a smart device; you can access it through your mobile phone.
Smart Dimmers – They are just like smart switches. Still, they also support a dimming function that increases or decreases the intensity of the light as per the user’s need. This feature can be customizable as per schedule or controlled remotely.
Hubs – It provides the technology through which you can operate the devices.
Most of the lights come up with their hub version. It connects them to wireless systems like Alexa and Google, where they start their operation.
Once you’ve known about the appliances, it is important to know how to install them in your home. Let’s quickly go through the steps.
The best you can make it by using a smart light switch that connects all the new and existing lights within one source.
5. Set up The Smart Light device to control your bedroom light
- The first thing is to turn off the electricity before installing wires, a safety measure you should take care of.
- Using the Kasa app will provide every installation step with pictures that make it different from its competitors.
By following the instructions, you can successfully install the smart light switch.
After the installation, you can turn off the bedroom light without leaving the bed just by clicking on the app.
The Kasa app has some pre-installed basic automation functions like creating a customizable schedule per your sleep schedule, setting a timer that regulates the lights’ working, and many more.
Connection of your smart light to a smart speaker:-
- In the interface of the Google app, click on the profile icon displayed at the top right corner.
- Click assistant settings for more information.
- Click + add
- Tap on the link to a smart device that enables you to connect with the google app.
- On the search bar of the Google app, type “Kasa,” then click on “TP-Link Kasa.”
- After that, a Kasa smart login page will appear where you have to fill in the information like email and password, through which you can set up your Kasa account and sync it with google home.
- A smart light switch icon will appear on the google home landing page.
- Control the lights by saying, “OK, Google, turn off the bedroom light without getting out of bed,” through which you control it.
6. Steps to set up a Smart Light With Amazon Alexa Connection
- In the interface of the Alexa app, click on the three lines at the top left corner of the app.
- In the next step, You have to select skills and games.
- Click on the magnifying glass at the top right corner of the interface.
- You have to write on the magnifying glass “Kasa skill” and then select TP-Link Kasa and activate the skill.
- Once Kasa approves, your smart light switch icon will appear on your Alexa home page.
- You can access it by saying, “Alexa, turn off the bedroom light without getting out of bed,” through which you can control the access of lights.
In case you want to connect more bulbs and plugs for the automation, then refer to these steps:
- You can control most of the light through the switch, but if you want to control both the side lamps and bulb, you have to connect them with the switch for the automation.
- Smart plugs are the best way to control the side lamps near the bed because these plugs are cheap, good in quality, and easy to set up.
- It turns your normal side lamps into smart ones, which look more impressive.
- If you have a bulb close to your bed, you can also control it by using a smart bulb that works like smart plugs.
7. Steps to set up Smart bulbs and smart plugs
There are a few things you need to do to set up your new smart bulbs and plugs. First, you’ll need to download the app for your device.
- Once the app is installed, open it and follow the instructions to create an account. Once you’ve created an account, you can add your new devices.
- To do this, simply follow the instructions in the app. Once your devices are added, you can start controlling them from the app.
- You can combine the products into one group, “Bedroom Lights,” which makes it easier to control them through the Google app.
- You can use it by saying, “OK, Google, turn off the bedroom light without getting out of bed bedroom lights” all the products get switched off simultaneously, like a smart light switch, smart bulb, and smart plugs.
8. Use the Google home app
- Click the + icon displayed in the app’s top left corner.
- Select set up a device like which device you want to connect.
- If you have a new device, then connect it. Else, move to the next step.
- Select your home.
- Google Home will search your device.
- When Google has found your device, you must select the room to which you want your device to be added.
- Select “Bedroom” when all the devices have been added to the “bedroom.”
- You can control and turn off the bedroom lights without getting out of bed on all devices together.
9. How to guide creating a group in the Amazon Alexa app
- Click on the devices in the bottom right corner and then click the ‘+’ symbol at the top right corner.
- Click on the add group.
- Select the group name you want, like bedroom, kitchen, and many more, then select next.
- Select the devices like smart light switches, plugs, and bulbs you want to group.
- Click on save and control them by saying, “Alexa, turn off the bedroom light without getting out of bed.”
All the methods explained above for turning off the lights can work in reverse as well; you can turn on the lights by saying, “OK, Google, turn on the bedroom lights” if you are a Google user else, use “Alexa, turn on the bedroom lights”.
10. More ways to Turn On The Bedroom Lights without Getting Out Of The Bed
The same setup mentioned above applies to turning on your Bedroom Lights without getting out of bed. If you want to turn on the lights using Alexa or Google, just say, ” Ok, Google, switch on the bedroom lights” or ” Alexa, switch on the lights.”
- You can use remote control, a wall switch with a timer, or a smart home device to turn off the bedroom lights without getting out of bed.
- If you have a remote control, simply point it at the light and press the off button.
- If you have a wall switch with a timer, set the timer for the desired amount of time and then flip the switch to the off position.
- If you have a smart home device, such as Amazon Echo or Google Home, you can say, “turn off bedroom light without getting out of bed.”
1. Turning off your bedroom lamp with remote
To turn off the bedroom light without getting out of bed with a remote, simply point the remote at the lamp and press the “off” button.
If your lamp has a built-in timer, you can also use the remote to set the timer so that it will turn off the bedroom light without getting out of bed automatically after a certain amount of time.
2. Turning off your bedroom bulb with google home voice
To turn off the bedroom light without getting out of bed with the Google Home voice, simply say, “Hey Google, turn off the bedroom light without getting out of bed.” You can also adjust the brightness of your light by saying, “Hey Google, make my light brighter/dimmer.”
3. The Smart Light Switch
Besides these methods, you can also try using something more innovative.
Recently smart light switch appliances have come to the market. These appliances require less hard wiring. They are budget-friendly and can be easily installed. The Smart Light Switch is a new light switch that can be controlled using a smartphone or tablet.
The Smart Light Switch offers many benefits over traditional light switches, including the ability to control your lights, set timers remotely, and even create custom lighting scenes.
You can install the smart light switch appliance above an existing light switch.
- Once you install it, you must activate it through the Switchmate application or move your fingers over the switch.
- The application will help you turn off bedroom lights without getting out of bed in case you forget to do so while leaving home for work in the morning.
- This application runs best in the Apple iOS 10 system. It sticks to the existing switch with the help of magnets.
Therefore it might fall off if accidentally pushed. Using the Smart Light Switch, you’ll be able to turn off the bedroom lights without getting out of bed the lights from your place.
Home automation is the best choice if you are searching for a comparatively less expensive way to shut down or switch on your lights without shifting from your position. It hears your commands and simply does what you want.
You can also choose among the smart light switches and plugs or get all of them installed. The decision is completely yours if you want to automate or not.
The best part about home automation with Google Home and Amazon is the voice comment signal abilities. Therefore choose wisely.
Hope the blog can help you turn off your bedroom lights without getting out of bed!