Adblockers have become popular tools for improving web browsing experiences by blocking intrusive advertisements. However, there are times when you might need to temporarily or permanently Turn Off Ad blocker, such as when accessing ad-supported content or supporting your favorite websites.
In this guide, we’ll walk you through the process of turning off Ad block on the Chrome browser, ensuring you can make informed decisions about when and how to disable this extension.
Methods To Turn Off Ad blocker On Chrome
Step 1: Accessing Chrome Extensions:
- Launch the Google Chrome browser on your computer to turn off Ad blocker.
- In the upper-right corner, locate and click on the three vertical dots, which opens the Chrome menu.
- From the dropdown menu, hover your cursor over “Extensions” to reveal a submenu.
- Select “Extensions” from the submenu, which will take you to the Extensions page.
Step 2: Locating Adblock Extension:
- On the Extensions page, you’ll find a list of all the extensions you have installed.
- Scroll down the list to find the Adblock extension you want to disable. It will likely have the name “Adblock” or “Adblock Plus.”
- You’ll notice a toggle switch next to the extension. This switch controls the extension’s status—enabled or disabled.
Step 3: Turn Off Ad blocker
- Locate the toggle switch next to the Adblock extension.
- Click on the toggle switch to turn off the Adblock extension. The switch should move from the “Enabled” position to the “Disabled” position.
- Once disabled, the Adblock extension will be temporarily turned off, allowing ads to display on websites.
Step 4: Enabling Adblock:
- If you want to re-enable Adblock, simply follow the same steps to access the Extensions page.
- Find the Adblock extension in the list and click on the toggle switch again. It will move from the “Disabled” position to the “Enabled” position.
- Adblock will be reactivated, and ads will once again be blocked while browsing.
Step 5: Managing Adblock Settings (Optional):
- Some Adblock extensions offer additional settings that allow you to customize their behavior.
- To access these settings, click on the “Details” button or gear icon next to the Adblock extension on the Extensions page.
- Explore the available options, which may include whitelisting specific websites or adjusting the level of ad blocking.
Disable the Built-in Ad Blocker in Chrome
A built-in ad blocker in Chrome is there to shield you from particularly intrusive advertising. As it only disables ads on websites that have been identified as serving out undesirable kinds of adverts, it is more of an ad restriction than an ad blocker.
Follow these steps to disable an ad blocker in Chrome (the methods are the same for Windows and Mac):
- In the Google Chrome browser’s upper right corner, click the three dots.
- From the dropdown menu, select Settings.
- Click Site Settings under Privacy and security.
- Click on Intrusive Ads after scrolling down to Additional content settings.
- Pick any website you go to where you can see any advertisement.
Turn off Chrome’s pop-up blocker
The built-in pop-up blocker in Chrome is another useful feature. However, it occasionally can obstruct users’ ability to use websites. Therefore, if a website doesn’t respond to any of your actions, a pop-up blocker may be the cause. Here’s how to turn it off:
- Click the three vertical dots in the top-right corner of Chrome once it is open.
- From the dropdown menu, choose Settings.
- Select Site Settings by clicking Privacy and Security in the left-had menu.
- Click Pop-ups and redirection as you scroll down.
- Pop-ups and redirection are also possible on Choose Sites.
Click Add next to the Allowed to send pop-ups box, then use the redirection section to specify which websites you want to accept pop-ups from.
Disabling Adblock on the Chrome browser is a simple process that can be useful in certain scenarios where you want to support websites that rely on ad revenue or access ad-supported content. By following the step-by-step guide outlined above, you can easily toggle Adblock on and off as needed. Remember that while Adblockers enhance your browsing experience, showing support for content creators by disabling them on occasion can be a beneficial gesture.
How do I disable the built-in ad blocker on Chrome?
A: Chrome has a built-in ad blocker that can be disabled by following these steps:
1. Open Chrome browser.
2. In the address bar, type “chrome://flags”.
3. Press Enter.
4. In the search bar on the “chrome://flags” page, type “enable-ephemeral-tab-blocking”.
5. When the “Ephemeral Tab Blocking” flag appears, select “Disabled” from the dropdown menu next to it.
6. Relaunch Chrome to apply the changes.
7. The built-in ad blocker on Chrome is now disabled.
How do I disable the adblocker on Chrome for specific websites?
A: To disable the adblocker on Chrome for specific websites, follow these steps:
1. Open Chrome browser.
2. Visit the website for which you want to disable the adblocker.
3. Click on the adblocker extension icon in the browser toolbar.
4. Look for the option to disable the adblocker for the current website and click on it.
5. The adblocker will be disabled for that specific website in Chrome.
How do I disable the pop-up blocker on Chrome?
A: To disable the pop-up blocker on Chrome, follow these steps:
1. Open Chrome browser.
2. Click on the three-dot menu icon in the top-right corner of the browser.
3. Select “Settings” from the dropdown menu.
4. Scroll down and click on “Privacy and security” in the left sidebar.
5. Under the “Privacy and security” section, click on “Site Settings”.
6. In the “Site Settings” menu, click on “Pop-ups and redirects”.
7. Toggle off the switch next to “Blocked” to disable the pop-up blocker.
8. Close the settings tab.
9. The pop-up blocker is now disabled on Chrome.
How do I disable the adblocker on Chrome for iOS?
A: To disable the adblocker on Chrome for iOS, follow these steps:
1. Open the Chrome app on your iOS device.
2. Tap on the three-dot menu icon in the bottom-right corner of the app.
3. Select “Settings” from the menu.
4. Tap on “Content Settings”.
5. Tap on “Block pop-ups”.
6. Toggle off the switch next to “Block Pop-ups” to disable the adblocker.
7. The adblocker is now disabled on Chrome for iOS.