The option to capture and save photos on Android smartphones is handy. The greatest advantage is that you get to carry your cherished moments everywhere you go. But that is not the only scenario.
If you are changing the phone or have recently started using a MacBook, you might be willing to transfer your Android photos to Mac. The question is: how to do that? In this section will discuss 5 amazing and simple ways to transfer photos from Android to Mac.
How to Transfer Pictures from Android to Mac
Thanks to technology, we have a variety of solutions to carry out the photo transfer task between Android and Mac. Whether you want to do it using third-party software or a native one, the choice is yours.
While going through this article, you will find multiple solutions to help you with photo transfer. Each method has its way of rendering help. So, you can decide which is best for you after checking them out.
Let’s get started…
Transfer Photos from Android to Mac Using Android File Transfer
Android File Transfer is one of the easiest methods to transfer photos from an Android phone to a Mac. It is the perfect option if you want to transfer photos from Android to Mac without an app.
Android File Transfer is Android’s native file transfer tool. You can connect it through the USB port to get your task accomplished. Here is how to transfer pictures from Android to MacBook via Android File Transfer:
- Download Android File Transfer on your Mac device.
- Now, click and expand the AndroidFileTransfer.dmg file and run the installation process.
- Drag the Android File Transfer tool to the “Applications” folder.
- Connect your Android device with the help of the USB cable of the phone.
- Run Android File Transfer.
- You can now browse the folders and copy the pictures you’d like to transfer.
This tool is the offering of Android itself and it renders impressive speed. But, it has also been reported to have caused issues like errors in transfers and unintuitive UI. If you encounter issues like these, you can choose another option from the guide.
Transfer Photos from Android to Mac With Image Capture
Image Capture is a native macOS app that goes with several third-party devices effortlessly. Whether you want to use it for your smartphone or a camera, it is a quick way to finish the work.
You can even use a scanner in this case. So, if you are trying to import all pictures from Android to Mac, you can try this solution.
Here are the steps to transfer Android photos to Mac using Image Capture:
- Connect your Android device to your MacBook using a USB cable.
- Now, open Image Capture on Mac.
- Click on your Android device, which will be visible in the sidebar.
- Select the folder where you’d like to save your pictures in the drop-down menu.
- After that, you can select the photos you want to transfer.
- Click on the “Download” option. You can also hit the “Download All”
Transfer Photos from Android to Mac Using MacDroid
Our next method to transfer pictures from Android to MacBook is MacDroid. It is a lightweight and easy-to-use app that will help you manage your data transfers.
This app allows users to share and transfer all sorts of data, such as photos, videos, music, and – entire folders. It lets you mount an Android device as a disk on your Mac which promises a fast-paced data transfer.
You can use the Finder app to spot the device after it connects. All you need is the app installed on your MacBook and a USB cable.
Here is how to transfer photos from an Android device to a Mac computer using MacDroid:
- First of all, download and install the MacDroid from the official website.
- Now, use the USB cable of the Android device to connect it to the Mac computer.
- Navigate to the “Devices” section. There, you will find the Android phone already connected to your Mac.
- Allow your Mac access to the Android device. Go for ADB when prompted on the phone. Choose to allow your Mac access to your data.
- You will now find the Android device as a physical disk on a Mac. You can start with the photo transfer.
MacDroid can be plain sailing for you to do the job. Note, the MTP mode may not be able to support transfers in bulk. If this method does not seem useful, then you can take a hand from the next solution.
Transfer Photos from Android to Mac Using Google Photos
Google Photos is another amazing solution for transferring data from Android to Mac. This option can transfer photos, videos, documents, and more seamlessly. It is one of the most popular ways to sync photos between an Android phone and other devices.
Note: You must have a Google account to use this method. Since most of us have a Gmail account, using this method won’t be challenging.
Now let’s check out the steps required to transfer photos from an Android phone to Mac via Google Photos.
- Launch the Google Photos app on your Android phone.
- If you wish to move a specific folder, navigate to the “Albums” tab at the bottom of the app. If not, you can select the pictures you wish to move to get the process started.
- Tap on the “Share” option after selecting the photos.
- Now, input the email address where you’d like to send those photos.
You can turn on the sync feature to continue using Google Photos for file transfers in a simpler way. As you open Google Photos in the browser on your Mac, you can choose the photos you need and download them.
Transfer Photos from Android to Mac Using iCloud
You can also count on the cloud service offered by Apple – iCloud. It is one of the most popular platforms for storing and uploading pictures and other files. We have put this option in the last because it can annoy you beyond your patience, given that the pictures take time to upload.
- Launch the browser on your Android device and navigate to iCloud.com.
- Log in to your iCloud account using your Apple ID and password.
- Tap on the “Photos” category and then hit the “Upload” button.
- Then, choose and upload the images you want to transfer.
If the iCloud is already set up on your Mac desktop, you will be able to view the pictures in the Photos app after the iCloud is done syncing with your smartphone. If not, you can head to the Safari browser, open iCloud.com, and log in to check your images.
Transfer Your Android Photos to Mac Using the Messenger
We have already shared the top 5 ways to transfer photos from an Android phone to Mac. However, here’s the bonus solution. You can use a messenger app like your email or WhatsApp to copy Android photos to Mac.
This solution works best if you have fewer photos to move from Android to Mac. The challenge here is that this method will compress your pictures. Moreover, it can get you to end up transferring duplicates.
But again, if you have just a few captures to transfer, you can consider this option.
Why I Cannot transfer files from Android to Mac?
While transferring photos from Android to Mac is pretty easy, there are times when you might face issues. If you cannot transfer an Android file to Mac, it can be because you did not enable the transfer feature on your device.
A damaged USB cable or Mac USB port can also be why you cannot transfer photos from Android to Mac. In some cases, the software can also cause problems in the transfer process.
Here are some of the ways to fix the Android Mac file transfer issue:
- Check your USB cable and USB port.
- Make sure your device has the transfer feature on.
- Update/ Reinstall your software.
So these were the best ways to transfer photos from Android to Mac. Now you can use the one that sounds easiest to you and transfer your file. If you are not a fan of using third-party tools, then you can use Android File Transfer.
You can go with Google Photos or iCloud for a wireless process. If backing up pictures from your device is a frequent task, it is best to use a third-party app.