Tired of switching out your memory cards constantly? Stuck because you don’t know how to get your photos from the Android to the iPhone? Here’s a guide to help demystify the process.
One of the biggest problems in shifting to a new phone comes when you need to transfer your data from one phone to another, especially when the transfer is between Android and iPhone.
Among all other data, photos are one of the essential things everyone wants to transfer, but transferring this data on social media apps can reduce the image quality.
If you are looking for a method to transfer your photos from Android to iPhone without affecting the image quality, this article is definitely for you.
In this article, we will discuss some fast and easy methods that you can use to transfer your photos from Android to iPhone.
Solutions To Transfer Photos From Android To iPhone
- Transfer Photos From Android to iPhone via Bluetooth
- Transfer Android Photos to iPhone With Google Photos
- How to Transfer Pictures From Android to iPhone by Using PC
- Send Photos From Android to iPhone With Email
- How to Transfer Photos With Google Drive
- Send Pictures From iPhone to Android by Using Drag-And-Drop
- Third-Party Apps for Transferring Photos From Android to iPhone
1. Transfer Photos From Android to iPhone via Bluetooth
The easiest and most reliable method for transferring data from Android to iPhone is by using Bluetooth.
Before starting the main procedure of transferring data, you first need to enable Bluetooth on both devices. You can do this by clicking on the Bluetooth icon from the drop-down panel or by setting it manually.
Furthermore, you need to ensure that the “visible to other devices” option is on so we can connect both devices.
Below are the steps for transferring files from Android to iPhone with Bluetooth:
- On your android device, open the file manager app, look for the DCIM folder, and tap on it.
- Now long press on a picture that automatically creates check boxes on pictures so you can select multiple pictures simultaneously.
- Select the pictures you want to transfer.
- When that is done, click on the share icon and select Bluetooth.
- A bunch of devices will appear on the screen; choose the device you want to transfer. In case the device doesn’t appear, click on refresh.
- A transfer request will appear on the screen. Press accept to start the transferring process.
The transferring speed depends on the Bluetooth model and the amount of data you are transferring; therefore, it might take a while to transfer all files.
2. Transfer Android Photos to iPhone With Google Photos
Another method that can be used for transferring data from Android to iPhone is the Google photos method.
Initially, you need to have Google Photos on both phones, so download it on your android phone from Google Play Store and on your iPhone from the Itunes app store.
After that, enable the backup and sync option in your Google photo app on your Android phone. Doing this would ensure all photos are automatically uploaded and stored on Google drive.
Now open the app on your iPhone and tap on the backup and sync feature. This will automatically start to show pictures you had on google photos of your android phone.
Make sure to log in with the same Google Photos account on both phones; otherwise, this method won’t work.
3. How to Transfer Pictures From Android to iPhone by Using PC
You can also use a PC to transfer files from Android to iPhone. You need to perform two main tasks in this method:
- Copy the photos from Android to PC
- Transfer photos from the PC to your iPhone via iTunes
Steps for transferring photos from Android to iPhone using PC
- Connect your Android phone to the PC
- To find your photos and videos, go to “My Computer” and double-click on your device name. Scroll and find a file named DCIM, click on it, and from there, select camera.
- Select the photos and videos you want to transfer and move them to a folder on your computer.
- Disconnect your Android phone from the PC
- Connect your iPhone to the PC via USB cable
- Open iTunes on your computer with your account on your iPhone and then transfer all data there.
4. Send Photos From Android to iPhone With Email.
Another straightforward method to transfer photos from Android to iPhone is by using Email.
The only thing you need for this method is an email address. Here are the steps you need to follow to perform this method:
- On your Android device, open your gallery.
- Long press on a photo to activate the multiple selection options. Select all the photos you want to transfer.
- Tap on the share icon at the top of your screen.
- Select Email or Gmail.
- Enter the email address on your iPhone in the “To” field, then tap the Send button.
- Open the Email on your iPhone.
- Long tap on every image attachment, then tap “Save Images.” The images will be saved, and you can access them in your iPhone Photos app.
The only drawback of this method is that you cannot send more than 25 MB of data at once.
5. How to Transfer Photos With Google Drive
The google drive method works almost the same as the google photos method. To use this method for transferring files, you need to follow the steps below:
- Download and log in to Google Drive on your Android device.
- Select the file or video you want to share from your gallery, tap the share button, and Select share via Google Drive to upload the pictures.
- Now, install and log into Google Drive on your iPhone.
- After opening the google drive app, you can find all the uploaded images and videos there. You can click on the photos and videos and press saves to transfer them to the iPhone.
6. Send Pictures From iPhone to Android by Using Drag-And-Drop.
The drag-and-drop method also requires a PC for transferring data from Android to iPhone. Here are the steps for this method:
- First, connect both phones to your PC using USB cables.
- Go to “My Computer” on your Windows and see Portable Devices. Here you will find both of your phones.
- Open your Android storage and iPhones storage in a separate window, respectively.
- On your Android storage window, find the folder in which your photos are located.
- Select the photos you want to transfer. Drag them from the Android image folder and drop them onto your iPhone image folder.
If you have a problem with this method or your computer gets stuck, you can first move the images to your computer and then, from your computer, transfer them to your iPhone.
7. Third-Party Apps for Transferring Photos From Android to iPhone
Move to ios
If you just bought a new iPhone, you can use Apple’s official tool to switch from your android phone, named Move to iOS.
But you should remember that this method will transfer all your data from Android to iPhone, not just photos.
- If your iPhone has already been set up, you need to erase it and start over by going to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Contents and Settings. If you want to keep anything, backup your data and restore it afterward.
- Make sure to turn on the internet connection on the android device and install the Move to ios app.
Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Power on your iPhone, and follow the steps for setup to choose language, region, and Network.
- When App & Data screen appears, select Move Data from Android.
- Now On your Android device, launch the Move to iOS app > Tap Continue > tap Agree on the term and conditions after reading them > select Next in the top-right corner of the find code screen.
- On your iPhone, select Continue on the Move from the Android screen > Wait for a code to appear usually (6-10 digit code).
- Then on your Android device, enter the code on iPhone > give some time for the Transfer Data screen to appear >select the content you want to transfer and press Next.
The data transfer speed depends on the amount of content you are transferring from your android phone to the iPhone.
Anytrans is an iOS data management/transfer software that requires a PC to transfer data from Android and iOS devices.
You must follow the steps below to transfer your pictures using Anytrans software.
- Download the Free trial version of Anytrans from http://dl.imobie.com/anytrans-setup.exe
- Launch the software.
- Connect both devices to the PC with USB cables.
- Press on iOS Mover, then the shortcut screen
- Click on the Content to iOS button.
- Select the folder containing the data to be transferred and choose the Right Arrow to start the process.
The transfer speed will depend on the amount of content to be transferred. So wait till the transfer is complete.
Photo Transfer App
Photo Transfer App is a mobile app that enables you to transfer media files from one device to another.
Therefore, you can also use it to transfer files from Android to iPhone. Here are the steps you need to follow:
Download and Launch the app on both devices.
- On an Android phone, press the send button, then select other devices.
- Now tap on select to choose the photos you want to transfer.
- On iPhone, click on the Recieve button.
- Select the Refresh Devices button to find the Android device on the Network.
- Tap on the Android and press Get Photos to start the photo transfer process.
All the methods mentioned above are fast and effective for transferring data from Andriod to iPhone. You can use Google Photos, Google Drive, Bluetooth, Third-party apps, and even your PC to transfer.
Now it is up to you to decide which type of method suits best to you and what content you will be transferring.