Did you try to install an Intel driver, and it showed you the driver being installed is not validated error message? It mostly appears for users attempting to update or install display adapters.
There is no issue with Intel’s drivers. It is your PC manufacturer stopping you from downloading these drivers. But why’s that? Let’s solve the issue and answer your questions below:
Why Is The Driver Not Validated For Installation For A Laptop Manufacturer?
There are many manufacturers out there, like Dell, HP, etc., that release the driver software. You can get the error message because it isn’t an appropriate driver for your system.
This could be related to the GPU, motherboard, or the system’s software. That’s why the company is trying to protect you from harm.
The non-modified and raw version of Intel Drivers can do more harm than good. Unfortunately, we sometimes need to update drivers because companies take too much time.
They take too long to release their version. In that case, we can use the option given below.
But please remember – Don’t force the update if you use Nvidia or AMD GPUs. Along with Intel graphics hardware, they could malfunction. So, be careful about that.
How To Install Intel’s Graphics Drivers And Bypass Computer Manufacturer Warning?
You can log into the PC as the admin for this, but it might not be necessary. Follow this step-by-step guide to update your Intel Graphics. This will help to fix the driver being installed is not validated error on windows OS.
- First, visit the official Intel website to download the graphics driver.
- Don’t download the .exe version. Download the zip file.
- Once you download the file, launch it. Make sure to extract all the contents.
- Remember the directory where you extract it. You can also select a custom directory. This will be important later.
- Now click on the Start Menu button. Use the search bar and type: Device Manager. Select it to launch it.
- You can also press Windows + R to launch the Run Utility. Type devmgmt.msc and hit Shift + Enter.
- Find the Display Adapters section from the list of options available. Click on the ‘ > ‘ button on the left to expand the list.
- Select the Intel Graphics driver you have in the list. It could be Intel(R) UHD Graphics or Intel(R) HD Graphics. Right-click on it and select the Update Driver.
- You can also do this by clicking on Properties > Selecting Driver Tab in Properties Window > Clicking on the Update Driver button.
- Both options will lead you to a new window. It will ask you to search automatically for drivers. This option could lead to the error ‘the driver being installed is not validated.’ But it can be worth the try.
- If that doesn’t work, repeat the steps and select: Browse my computer for drivers.
- Now you will see a browse option. It will have a directory for you to select and more. Don’t use this option.
- Click on ‘ Let me pick from the list of available drivers on my computer.’
- Select the ‘Have Disk’ option at the bottom right corner of the window. Next, a new window will pop up. On this one, click on the ‘Browse’ option.
- This is where you will browse to the directory where you downloaded zip file (and extracted it). Go into the folder and enter the ‘Graphics’ subfolder.
- You will find two file names: igdlh32.inf and igdlh64.inf
- The file name can change in the future. You have to pay attention to the .inf at the end of the file.
- If you can’t see .inf at the end of the file, you will have to activate the option in File Explorer. We will cover that below.
- Select the one with 32 if you have a 32-bit version of windows. If not, select the one with 64 in the name for the 64-bit version of windows.
- Once you do so, a new driver will appear on the previous list. Now go ahead and click on Next.
- You might have to press OK or wait for the update. Once done, the system might ask you to restart.
How To View The File Name Extensions?
This is if you can’t see the name of the .inf files clearly to learn about the extension. By following this, you can see them during the update process:
- Open the File Explorer
- Click on the View option from the top of the window.
- Next, go to ‘Show’ at the bottom.
- Select File Name Extension from the list of options.
- If this hides extensions and file types, then repeat the step.
Using windows updates won’t always download Intel’s drivers automatically. Typically, if you use GPUs, then standard Intel drivers will work just fine.
But still, we have covered all the options for you. Once you use this step of downloading the zip version of the package, you don’t have to repeat it.
You can go ahead and use the exe installer to download updates later and fix the driver being installed is not a validated issue.