Incorporate some of the less frequently used capabilities of word processors. With your paper, you can get what you desire. You may find yourself needing to strikethrough text in Google Docs/ Microsoft word.
If you frequently find yourself dubious about a portion of a document. You may find the strikethrough formatting option to be handy.
You can indicate that a text selection in your document should be ignored by drawing a line through it. If you think you’ll need that information in the future, you don’t have to erase it.
Strikethrough text formatting is available in a variety of word processing programs. It’s also available in Google Suite.
What Is Adding Strikethrough In Google Docs?
Strikethrough is a font style that lets you cross out a word or phrase with a horizontal line. It doesn’t look entirely obscure or obliterate the original text. Document owners with the appropriate editing rights can apply the strikethrough effect. It applies to all prior content or writing new content that is already affected used.
A typical example of strikethrough formatting is this “
Methods To Strikethrough In Google Docs
- Strikethrough Keyboard Shortcut In Google Sheets/Docs
- Strikethrough Text From The Toolbar In Google Docs
- Strikethrough Text On Mobile In Google Doc
- Add Strikethrough With The Format Menu
- Add Strikethrough With Conditional Formatting
- Remove Strikethrough In Google Sheets
1. Strikethrough Keyboard Shortcut In Google Sheets/Docs
If you frequently use strikethrough formatting. You may speed up the process by employing keyboard shortcuts.
Depending on the operating system, the shortcut is different.
- To use this function, select the cells you want to format with a strikethrough. Press the strikethrough keyboard shortcut listed below:
- Keyboard Shortcut Windows: press Alt + Shift + 5
- Keyboard Shortcut Chrome OS press Alt + Shift + 5
- Keyboard Shortcut MacOS: Press ⌘ + Shift + X.
Unfortunately, keyboard shortcuts in Google Sheets aren’t great for touchscreen devices.
The “Strikethrough” icon is easier to use on devices that don’t have a physical keyboard because of its accessibility.
2. Strikethrough Text From The Toolbar In Google Docs
So you’ve decided to use strikethrough text in your writing. Perhaps you want to correct a mistake or express your true feelings about something.
In any case, striking through text is simple to do. We’ll show you how to strikethrough text in Google Apps step by step in this section.
- To begin, open your document. Log in to Drive and open the Google Doc.
- The text should be highlighted. Highlight the text you wish to strikethrough. Click and move your mouse over it. Triple-click within a paragraph to highlight the entire paragraph section.
- The text should be formatted. From the toolbar at the top of the screen, select “Format” and then “text.”
- Choose the Strikethrough option from the drop-down menu. Hover over ‘Text’ in the drop-down menu and select “Strikethrough.”
- Make sure your text is correct. Make sure your highlighted text isn’t missing a line. You’ve successfully used the strikethrough command in your Google Doc if there’s a line through your text.
3. Strikethrough Text On Mobile In Google Doc
From your mobile device, you may effortlessly add strikethrough text to your Google Docs. The steps are a little different, but they are just as simple.
Google Docs app is available for download via the App Store for iOS and Google Play for Android devices. Then, to add strikethrough text to your Google Doc on mobile, follow this step-by-step guide.
- To begin, open your document. Simply touch on the Google Doc to which you wish to add strikethrough text once you’ve logged in.
- The text should be highlighted. To choose more text, double-tap a word and drag the blue markers that appear.
- Then, as shown below, press the ‘Format’ button.
- Choose the Strikethrough option from the drop-down menu.
- You’ll notice new possibilities to edit the text after tapping the ‘Format’ button. Then, as shown below, simply tap the strikethrough button.
- Make sure your text is correct. The text you picked should now have a line through it if you followed the instructions above.
4. Add Strikethrough With The Format Menu
Let’s say you have the following dataset and want to apply the strikethrough to some of the cells.
The steps to apply strikethrough in Google Sheets are as follows:
- Choose the cells where you want to use a strikethrough format. A single cell or a group of cells can be used.
- In the main menu bar, open the “Format” menu dropdown.
- Choose “Strikethrough” from the format menu.
- Strikethrough is now applied to the specified cells.
Google Sheets employs drop menus rather than tabs like Microsoft office. You’re applying strikethrough to numerous areas. You’ll have to pick the “Format” drop menu each time.
5. Add Strikethrough With Conditional Formatting
Conditional formatting is a great way to convey extra information to people who are reading a spreadsheet.
Strikethrough can also be easily added to Google Sheets using conditional formatting.
When the stock count in an inventory list reaches zero, it can be pretty handy for things like applying strikethrough to discontinued products.
In our example, perform the following to add conditional formatting:
- Choose the cell range to which you want to apply conditional formatting. I’ve highlighted A6:A10 in the example.
- Select “Format” from the drop-down menu.
- From the drop-down menu, choose “Conditional formatting.” It will bring up the right-hand conditional formatting panel.
- In the Conditional format rules panel, select the Add new rule option.
- Select the ‘Custom formula is’ option from the ‘Format rules’ drop-down menu.
- Enter the given formula in the formula field: =D6=”Paid” (choose your condition of text)
- Select the strikethrough format in the Formatting style section. If you desire, you can also define different formatting (such as color the cell in green).
- Click the Done button.
- The strikethrough format would be applied to all jobs with a finished status using the procedures above.
6. Remove Strikethrough In Google Sheets
Easily remove strikethrough like any other text formatting. Repeat the method on the text that has already been prepared with a strikethrough.
- Simply pick the cells with the strikethrough formatting you want to get rid of.
- In the toolbar, select the strikethrough (or in the Format option in the menu).
- You can also use the “Clear formatting” option to get rid of it (but remember that it will remove all the other formatting as well).
- Remove the strikethrough formatting from the text you want to remove.
- Select “Format” from the drop menu.
- Select “Clear formatting” from the drop menu.
- You can also use clear formatting keyboard shortcuts to remove strikethrough. It will vary depending on the operating system:
- Keyboard Shortcut Windows: Ctrl + Spacebar
- Keyboard Shortcut Google Chrome OS: Ctrl + \
- Keyboard Shortcut macOS: Command (⌘) + \
You can use strikethrough text to update existing articles while keeping the original text intact. You can utilize it more creatively. So there are different ways to apply strikethrough formatting to a Google file. Because it is easier to use, you may learn to use the function in a short amount of time.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you strikethrough on the Google Docs Application?
You must tap the Format icon (the letter A with four lines) in the screen’s upper-right corner on a smartphone. The Strikethrough option should appear; press it to apply strikethrough formatting.
How do you strikethrough text?
Click on the “Home” tab of Word once you’ve selected your text. Click the “Strikethrough” button (the three letters with a line drawn through them) in the “Font” group. Any text you’ve chosen should now be struck through. The Font window can also be used to apply strikethrough formatting.
How do I get rid of strikethrough in Google Docs?
Strikethrough formatting can be removed in the same way it was applied. Select the text with the line through it to remove the strikethrough and go to Format > Text > Strikethrough.
What is the Strikethrough text shortcut in Word?
Strikethrough is found in the Effects menu. The shortcut is Alt + K. To review. The second shortcut is Ctrl + D., Followed by Alt + K. Of course. You must first choose the required text or term.