Do you know you can watch Netflix on Discord if you have a discord community server with the help of the latest technologies? It is a popular application for streaming videos from other platforms. But sometimes, users may get a black screen while they stream Netflix on Discord.
Is this making you annoyed? Don’t worry. We have provided solutions to stream Netflix on Discord without a black screen to help users watch their favorite movies. We have also listed the causes and solutions to stream Netflix on discord without black screen.
Causes For Black Screen While Streaming Netflix on Discord
- Apps running in the background
- Corrupted Cache
- Wrong Permission
- Full-Screen mode
1. Apps running in the background
This is one of the main reasons for the black screen error on the Discord app. Don’t open the app if many other apps are running in the background. This happens because other apps will put more pressure on the processor. Also, this error will often occur if the RAM is low.
2. Corrupted Cache
When you regularly browse, the cache will build up. This won’t become a problem as the cache provides a good user experience as it speeds up the uploading time until the cache gets corrupted. Make sure the cache files are not corrupted.
3. Wrong Permission
When you provide the wrong permissions, it will cause a black screen error. The permission settings can be pretty confusing for a first-time user. This app’s channel permissions provide you with options like blocking or allowing various settings. Make sure you give the correct permissions.
If your system is not compatible, then streaming becomes a problem. If you run an old Windows version or have outdated drivers, a black screen error will occur. Also, check the options in the Discord server.
5. Full-Screen mode
Sometimes when you use the Discord app in full-screen mode, it will cause a black screen error. If you are watching in full-screen mode, change it to windows mode.
Methods to Stream Netflix on Discord Without Black Screen
- Stop the Running Discord Processes
- Update the Discord App to the Latest Version
- Update the Graphics Card Drivers
- Turn the Hardware Acceleration On/ Off
- Use Windows Mode
- Clear Cache Related to Discord Folder
- Uninstall Ad Blockers
- Run Discord in Administrator Mode
- Turn Off the Unnecessary Programs
- Run Discord in Compatibility Mode
- Reinstall the Discord App
Solutions to Stream Netflix on Discord Without Black Screen
1. Stop the Running Discord Processes
Try to close all the running discord processes on your PC. Sometimes, when the user shuts or restarts an application, it might make the previous process run in the task manager. Follow the steps below to stop the running Discord process.
- Right-click on the taskbar icon. From the list of options, click on Task Manager.
- Locate the Discord process. Right-click on that and click on the End task option.
- Once you have done the above steps, restart the Discord app.
2. Update the Discord App to the Latest Version
If you installed the Discord app long back, there are chances that you might be using the previous version of the app. It’s time to update your Discord app. Because from time to time, developers will fix the bugs and errors developed in the app.
When you run the old version of Discord, it will cause a black screen. It would be good if you updated the app regularly. Sometimes, Discord will check for the latest updates and install them whenever you launch the app.
If it has not installed the latest version, follow the steps below to update the Discord app to the latest version.
- Launch the Discord app.
- Right-click on the Discord icon on the taskbar and click Check for updates.
- Click on Allow to allow the app to download and install the latest version.
If the Discord app is already running on your system, press CTRL+R on your keyboard to install the updates. This will install the updates the next time when you load the app. If any error pops up while installing, try to uninstall and reinstall the app.
3. Update the Graphics Card Drivers
Sometimes the missing or outdated graphics card driver can cause a black screen on the Discord app. To solve this issue, you should first verify whether the graphics card drivers in your system are up to date. If they are not updated, then update those graphic card drivers.
One of the easiest ways to update the graphics card driver is to download interfaces from the GPU manufacturer’s website. From that, you can receive updates and install them.
Two other methods are available for searching for the latest version of your graphics card drivers. You can manually search for it from the manufacturer, download it, and install it on the computer. But this takes time and requires a lot of computer skills. If you are confident with your computer skills, go ahead with this method.
The second method is done using the Device Manager.
- Right-click on the Windows icon and click on Device Manager. You can also reach it from the control panel.
- Click on the search icon and search for the control panel. Once the control panel window opens, click on Device Manager.
- Expand the Display adapters section. It will display the installed graphic drivers. Right-click on the driver and click on the Update driver.
- You can update it either by existing updates or search automatically for updates.
4. Turn the Hardware Acceleration On/ Off
If you are using a computer and the CPU is weak, it will cause a black screen while streaming videos. This can be fixed by turning on the hardware acceleration which will employ the GPU and provide a good streaming experience.
But remember, when the GPU is poor or compatible, don’t use hardware acceleration as it might cause errors. If that happens, turn off the hardware acceleration. This case applies to other specialized hardware as well. Follow the steps below to turn the hardware acceleration on/ off.
- Open the Discord app and click on Performance Settings.
- Click on Appearance.
- If hardware acceleration is off, turn on the toggle button.
- Click on Ok.
5. Use Windows Mode
Sometimes you might get a black screen error if you stream in fullscreen mode. If that is the case, switch to windows mode. Press CTRL+SHIFT+F on your keyboard to switch to windows mode. The same shortcut can be used to switch to full-screen mode later.
6. Clear Cache Related to Discord Folder
If your Discord cache folder contains corrupted cache files, it will cause a black screen while streaming Netflix on Discord. Cache files usually get corrupted because of power outages and improper shutdowns. Follow the steps below to clear the cache related to the Discord folder.
- Press Windows + R Key on your keyboard.
%appdata%and press enter.
- From the list, right-click on Discord. Click on Delete.
- Now, open the Discord app and check whether it works without any black screen.
7. Uninstall Ad Blockers
Are there any ad blockers installed in your browser for the desktop version? If you have, uninstall them as they might fix the black screen error. You can also disable the AdBlock extension if they are the one causing the black screen issue instead of completely uninstalling them.
8. Run Discord in Administrator Mode
Do you know that you can run Discord in administrator mode without using admin access like many other apps? When you get errors like a black screen while running Netflix on Discord running in administrator mode will ensure you have all the permissions.
Before starting the process, ensure no Discord processes are running in the background. End all the Discord processes in the task manager. Follow the steps below to run Discord in administrator mode.
- Click on the search icon and search for the Discord app. Click on the run as administrator.
- This will run the Discord app in administrator mode.
9. Turn Off the Unnecessary Programs
When you use too much CPU power, it will cause the computer to lag. This will affect Discord streaming. Not only this, it will also affect the other apps that use video and screen sharing. Follow the steps below to turn off the unnecessary programs in your system.
- Right-click on your taskbar. From the list of options, click on Task Manager.
- Right-click on the power-consuming app. Click on End task.
- Follow this process for the rest of the apps.
- Restart the Discord app.
10. Run Discord in Compatibility Mode
Try to run the Discord app in compatibility mode if the black screen error occurs because of device incompatibility with the Netflix or Discord platform. Follow the steps below to run the Discord app in compatibility mode.
- Before starting the process, close Discord and end all the processes.
- Right-click on the Discord app and click on Properties.
- Under the compatibility tab, check the checkbox to run this program in compatibility mode.
- Now, you must select the Windows version to run the Discord app in compatibility mode.
- Click on Ok.
- Restart the app.
11. Reinstall the Discord App
If the Discord app is not installed correctly, you might get a black screen error when streaming a movie from Netflix. You can solve this by uninstalling the Discord app and reinstalling it. Follow the steps below to reinstall the Discord app.
- Click on the search icon and search for the Control panel app.
- You have to view it by category. Under programs, click on Uninstall a program.
- It will display the apps installed in your system. From that, click on the Discord app and select the Uninstall button.
Just uninstalling the app is not enough. You should remove all the files related to Discord to reinstall it correctly. Follow the steps below to reinstall the Discord app in your system.
- Press Windows + R key on your keyboard.
%appdata%and press enter.
- Delete the Discord folder.
- Now once again, press Windows + R key on your keyboard.
%localappdata%and press enter.
- Delete the Discord folder.
Once uninstall the app, download the Discord app from their official website and log in with your username and other credentials.
I hope the above steps have given you an idea of how to stream Netflix on Discord without a black screen. Follow all the troubleshooting steps to find where the issue exists. We have also provided these black screen causes to understand this error better.