In its Chrome browser, Google does a decent job of keeping pop-up and notifications windows under control. Pop-up windows are interrupting your normal browsing experience. It usually signals something wrong with your default settings.
Google Chrome has a pop-up blocker but no adblocker built-in. Whether you’re using Chrome for Mac or PC, here’s how to enable the pop-up blocker.
Methods To Stop Pop Ups On Google Chrome
- Enable Pop-Up Blocking in Google Chrome
- Disabling pop-ups in Google Chrome
- Check Your Approved Sites
- How to Allow Pop-ups on Android?
- Scan for Malware Programs
- Block ads on Chrome with an ad blocker
- How to Allow Pop-ups on Your Apple Device?
1. Enable Pop-Up Blocking in Google Chrome
- On your Mac or PC, open the Chrome browser. Select “Settings” from the dropdown menu after clicking the three vertical dots in the top-right corner.
- To see more options, scroll down and click “Advanced,” then scroll down a little more to “Site Settings.” It’s under the heading “Privacy and security.”
- Alternatively, search in chrome settings in chrome “pop.”
- “Pop-ups and redirects” should be selected.
- Ensure the white circle next to “Blocked” is on the left by toggling the switch beside it. “Blocked (recommended)” should be written next to it.
- You can even add particular exceptions here if you like. Pop-ups will appear on sites under the “Allow” area, even if they are blocked elsewhere.
- If you’ve disabled the pop-up blocker, adding sites to the “Block” box will prevent them from appearing even if they’re allowed elsewhere.
- By following the above steps, you will get rid of Frequent pop-ups.
2. Check Your Approved Sites
- Open settings in chrome. Go to three dots and then settings.
- Now go to site settings in the privacy and security tab.
- It should indicate Blocked under Popups.
- Navigate to the “pop-up and redirects” section.
- Search for the “Allowed to send pop-up and use redirects” option and select Add next to it.
- You will find all the approved websites here.
- Add or remove websites as per your need.
3. Disabling Pop-ups in Google Chrome
- If pop-up advertising annoys you while working on your desktop computer, Chrome lets you disable them, whether it’s a PC or a Mac.
- To turn off pop-ups in Chrome on a desktop computer, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the upper right corner of Chrome and click the three dots to access the menu. Select Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Select Privacy and security from the left-hand panel.
- Select Privacy and Preferences.
- Site options can be found by scrolling down.
- Choose from a variety of pop-ups and redirections.
- To disable the pop-up, move the toggle to the off position. The toggle turns grey if it works.
- To block a pop-up in Chrome, turn off the pop-up and redirect.
- Block pop-ups in Chrome on your desktop is as simple as that.
4. How to Allow Pop-ups on Android?
You can allow pop-ups if you’re using Chrome on an Android phone by following these steps:
Launch the Chrome browser.
In the corner (top right) of your screen, tap the three dots. It will open the Chrome menu, where you may bookmark a page, check your history, and do other things.
- After that, go to Settings.
- Scroll to the base of the page and select Site Settings.
- Then select Pop-ups and redirects from the drop-down menu.
- Finally, disable the Pop-ups and Redirects setting. When it’s greyed out, you’ll know it’s off.
5. Scan for Malware Programs
To identify and install an antivirus program, such as Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, use Google. The pop-ups you’re seeing aren’t coming from the websites you’re visiting. They could be coming from a piece of bothersome software that’s generating problems on your computer. Download and install the antivirus program of your choice.
In Safe Mode, perform a comprehensive system scan.
If nothing comes up, try a couple more apps just to be sure.
6. Block ads on Chrome with a Pop-up Blocker
Clario, an ad-blocking extension, is more than just a free and simple method to block adverts. Along with the removal of annoying pop-ups and advertisements. Clario protects you from being tracked by websites.
It informs you whether the websites that appear in your search results are safe. If you visit a website that contains harmful links.
- Ad Blocking, adware, and malware prevention in one package.
- Clario’s all-in-one solution for privacy & security.
- Don’t let websites track your movements.
- This tool will show you which Google search results are safe to open.
- It’s simple to set up.
Suppose you install the Clario desktop software and the extension at the same time. You’ll also get a VPN, virus protection, and live assistance from cybersecurity experts 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The desktop app is inexpensive and comes with a free trial.
7. How to Allow Pop-ups on Your Apple Device?
If you’re on an iPhone and using Chrome, you can enable pop-ups by following these steps:
- Launch the Chrome browser.
- In the corner (bottom right) of your page, tap the three dots. It will open the Chrome menu, which will allow you to bookmark a page, view your history, and more.
- After that, go to Settings. It features a gear icon and is near the end of the menu.
- Navigate to the Content Settings page. It is near the bottom of the page and includes a gear symbol as well.
- Then choose Block Pop-up from the drop-down menu.
- To allow pop-ups, turn off the toggle. If the toggle is grey, you know it’s turned off.
Why do pop-ups keep appearing on Chrome?
When using Chrome, you may see pop-up windows. The most likely explanation is that your pop-up blocker isn’t set up properly. The browser’s pop-up blocker is being bypassed by yet another software, it would appear. The purpose of pop-up blocker software is to shield users from the annoyance of these unwanted windows.
How do I block pop-ups on Android Chrome?
Start the Chrome application on your Android device. More, Settings, click Site settings, and Pop-ups are the options. Tap the slider to enable or disable pop-ups.