Steam is one of the biggest video game and software sales and trading platforms that was launched in 2003. You can buy video games and other downloadable extensions for the games. Some people are not familiar with the concept of making trade offers on Steam.
Trading on Steam can cause an error regarding the Trade URLs in Steam trade. This article has instructions on what you do if you see a message that reads “There was an error sending your Trade Offer. Please try again later.
What is the Steam Trade URL Error?
The Steam Trade error is a problem that comes up when you try to make a trade offer for cards or other stuff in the Steam Inventory with a friend of yours on Steam. This error has been reported largely in the Steam and Reddit forums, lately, by people seeking to share games but end up facing this error on their Steam client.
Reasons behind the “There was an error sending your trade offer. Please try again later” error
1. Steam Guard is disabled
If the Steam Guard feature is disabled, you may have to enable it again and wait for 15 days after enabling to create a Trade URL and start making trade offers.
2. You are banned from trading
Sometimes the trader may be banned, temporarily or indefinitely. You can contact Steam support to know more about your/their ban.
3. Suspicious Steam Profile
If Steam finds your Steam account shady, you will not be able to make trade offers. To become a trusted account, you need to have a game purchased within 30 days to 1 year from the account being created.
4. The payment method is new
If you recently added a method of payment for purchasing games on your Steam account, you might have to wait for 7 days before you can start trading.
5. Password has been changed recently
If you changed the Password for your steam account recently, you will have to wait 5 days to start making Steam trade offers.
6. You logged in with a new device
If you logged into your Steam account with a new device, you must wait 15 days for the Steam trade URL feature to be re-enabled on your Steam profile.
You will not be able to make Steam trade offers if you do not have the items you want to trade.
8. The Account was disabled
If you disabled your Steam Profile, there is 2 months during which you have to be active to go to your Trade link. You have to wait for 30 days before you can make another trade URL using Steam.
- Open the Steam Client on your PC, click on the View menu on the top-left part of the screen and select the Inventory option from the drop-down menu.
- You’ll see all game items in your inventory available for trading. On the right side of the screen, click on the Trade Offers button.
- On the right panel, click on the Who can send me Trade Offers? Option.
- In this page, scroll down, and under the Third-party sites, you will find the Trade URL. You can copy and paste your trade URL wherever you need it
Methods to Fix the Trade Offer URL Error on Steam
Enable your Steam Guard
- Open the Steam settings, from the Steam menu.
- Choose the Account menu from the left panel on your Steam settings.
- Select Manage Steam Guard Account Security.
- Uncheck the Turn Steam Guard off switch
Get in touch with Steam Support
You can contact the Steam support team through the Help menu on the top of the Steam page and select the Steam support option from it. From there, you can contact the support team and seek help with any problems you have been facing.
Set your Profile Up For Public view
- Open the Steam app and click on the small arrow next to your name on the page’s title bar.
- From the drop menu, choose to View my profile.
- In the next window, select Edit Profile on the upper right part of the window.
- In the Edit profile menu, Open Privacy Settings and change all your settings to Public
Use a browser to process the request instead of your Steam client
Instead of using the Steam desktop application for Windows or Mac, you can try making trades on your mobile app or the official Steam site on a browser.
Remove Items from the Receiver
If the person you are trading with has a full catalog, you will not be able to send them any items. Ask them to clear their storage before you can trade from your profile to theirs.
Retry the Process
Sometimes, trying to make trades, again and again, might work, if you have problems regarding the trading process. Keep repeating your attempts to make trades. Click on the Accept button multiple times.
Restart the Steam Client
Close the Steam application by opening the task tray, right-clicking on the Steam icon, and selecting the Exit option. Double click on the Steam icon to re-launch it. Try to make trades after you open Steam again.
Remove & Re-Install your Steam Client
Installing and installing the application can set your Steam privacy settings and app settings to default.
- Type in Add or Remove Programs in the search bar.
- Locate the Steam application in the list and click on the Uninstall button under it.
You can download the Steam software from the official website and install it again.