Just like other social media platforms, Snapchat doesn’t notify a user when they are blocked by someone. It has some good reasons, but sometimes, it’s a frustrating situation for the blocked person when they can’t reach their friend and wonder why it is happening.
If you’re in a similar situation and want to know how to tell if someone blocked you on Snapchat, we have some potential methods that you can try. Let’s start!
Does Snapchat Notify You When Someone Blocks You?
No, Snapchat doesn’t notify you when someone blocks you. There are no alerts involved of this kind. You may be chatting with someone yesterday and the next day, you won’t get any response from them at all for the chats and snaps.
What Happens When Someone Blocks You on Snapchat?
To learn how to check if someone blocked you on Snapchat, we first need to know what happens when someone blocks you. Keep in mind that Snapchat has made the blocking feature more subtle so it has become even harder for the blocked person to know that they have been blocked.
Let us explain why it has become difficult to know if someone has blocked you.
These things happen when you block a person on Snapchat:
- Their name is removed from your friend list.
- Their chat is removed from your conversations.
- You don’t receive their chats or snaps anymore.
- Your stories are not shared with them.
- If you search their username or full name, their profile won’t be shown to you.
When someone blocks you on Snapchat:
- You can still see their name on your friend list.
- You can still see their chat and send them a message. It’s shown as ‘delivered’.
- You no longer receive any message or snap from them.
- You can’t see their stories.
- You’ll still see their name if you search them on Snapchat.
The above points make it clear that Snapchat has left almost no room on how to know if you got blocked on Snapchat.
How To Know If Someone Blocked You on Snapchat?
If you have questions like how to see if someone blocked you on Snapchat? And how to see who blocked you on Snapchat? Follow the below techniques:
Note: Many sites on the internet are showing some methods that don’t work anymore. We’ll show all the methods and mention ‘Not Working’ with the methods that don’t work anymore.
- Check Your Friends List or Contacts List (Not Working)
- Search Their Full Name, Username, or User ID (Not Working)
- Look for Their Story (The Stories Method is Working)
- Check Your Recent Conversations or Chat History (Not Working)
- Send Them a Message from Chats (Working Method)
- Use Other Snapchat Accounts to Chat with Them (Working Method)
1. Check Your Friends List or Contacts List (Not Working)
When you block someone, your name from their friend list disappears. But the catch here is that you can still see their name on your friend list so it’s hard to know if they blocked you. Still, you can check your friend list with the below steps:
- Open Snapchat and tap your Bitmoji/profile picture at the top left corner.
- Swipe down and select ‘My Friends’.
- Search the name of the friend.
You’ll be able to find the friend who has blocked you so we labeled this method as ‘not working’. In fact, if you can’t find their account, this might mean that they have deleted their Snapchat account.
2. Search Their Full Name, Username, or User ID (Not Working)
If you block a friend, you can’t find their name in your search results. But if you’ve been blocked, you will still be able to see their name when you search for it. This is why this method is also not working anymore. You can use the below steps to confirm it:
- Open the Snapchat app and tap the search icon at the top left corner, next to your Bitmoji.
- Search the username or full name of your friend who you suspect has blocked you.
- Their name will be visible. In the image below, our friend ‘John’ blocked us for test purposes, but we can still search for him on Snapchat. So, this method is of no use.
3. Look for Their Story (The Stories Method is Working)
When you block someone, their stories aren’t shown to you. Moreover, if someone blocks you, their stories are also hidden from you. This is a method that can help how to find out who’s blocked you on Snapchat.
How? If your friend is someone who posts stories regularly, and suddenly you start seeing that there are no stories from them at all for days, it could mean that they blocked you. On the other hand, this might mean that they just aren’t posting stories.
So, how to conclude that the reason you are not seeing their story is that they blocked you? Ask a friend who is also friends with the person who has potentially blocked you to tell you if they are still seeing the stories of that person. If they can see the stories, then it will be proved that you’ve been blocked by that Snapchat user.
4. Check Your Recent Conversations or Chat History (Not Working)
Many people claim that to know how to see who blocked me on Snapchat, check their recent conversations. If you can’t find them, they have blocked you. But the truth is that, if someone blocks you, you can still see their conversation. So, there is no way to find out if they have blocked you or not with this method.
5. Send Them a Message from Chats (Working Method)
There are two methods of finding out if someone has blocked you by sending them a message. One method works and the other doesn’t.
The Method That Doesn’t Work
Some claim that when someone blocks you, you can’t send them a message or snap. So, you can try sending them a message and instantly find out if you have been blocked. This is not true. Even when someone blocks you, you can send them messages.
Your Message is not Being Seen (Working Method)
As you can still send messages to the person who has blocked you, you have the opportunity to detect if they have blocked you. The thing is when you send them a message, they won’t be receiving it because they have blocked you.
So, you’ll see the ‘delivered’ tag on the message. Now, if the message is not seen by the friend even after days, it could mean that they have blocked you.
But before jumping to any conclusion, if you message someone and they don’t read it, it could also mean that they are busy or not using Snapchat much.
6. Use Other Snapchat Accounts to Chat with Them (Working Method)
As we have shared that it has become difficult to clearly find out that you have been blocked by someone on Snapchat, we have a method that will always work.
What you have to do is to ask a friend who is friends with the user who has blocked you if they can chat with them or see their stories. If your friend can see their stories and chat with them, then you are right and the user in question has indeed blocked you.
What To Do If You’re Blocked on Snapchat?
Social media is used for interacting with people. But if someone doesn’t want to hear from a person, they can block them. If you have been blocked by someone, you can simply move on and connect with other people.
However, if you think that your relationship with that user is special and there has been a misunderstanding between you two, contact a mutual friend. Firstly, confirm that you have been blocked, and then explain your side of the story. Be polite and truthful.
How To Block Someone on Snapchat?
If you’re not interested in someone who is trying too hard or if someone is bothering you on Snapchat, you have the option to block them. They won’t be notified that you’ve blocked them and you’ll have your peace of mind back.
- Block Someone from Chat on Snapchat
- Block a Snapchatter from Your Friend List
- How To See Who You Blocked on Snapchat?
Block Someone from Chat on Snapchat
To block a Snapchat user from chat, follow these steps:
- Open Snapchat and navigate to ‘Chat’.
- Find your conversation with the person you want to block and tap the chat.
- Tap the name of the user at the top of the chat.
- Select the three dots at the top right corner of the screen.
- Choose ‘Block’ and confirm.
Block a Snapchatter from Your Friend List
You can also block a Snapchat profile from your friend list:
- Open Snapchat and tap your Bitmoji.
- Select ‘My Friends’.
- Search the friend you want to block and open their profile.
- Tap the three dots at the top right.
- Select ‘Block’ and confirm.
How To See Who You Blocked on Snapchat?
Whether you want to see who you have blocked or you want to unblock a friend, here’s how to do find the Snapchat blocked list:
- On the Snapchat app and tap your avatar at the top left corner.
- Select the settings icon at the top right.
- Swipe down, find the section ‘Account Actions’, and select ‘Blocked’.
- You’ll find the list of blocked Snapchatters. To unblock them, tap the ‘X’ icon next to their names.
Finding out if someone blocked you on Snapchat is a bit difficult. The best method is to use another friend’s account to check if they can chat with them and see their stories.
How to know if someone blocked you on Snapchat?
To know if someone blocked you on Snapchat, try sending them a message. If they blocked you, they wouldn’t receive the message. You’ll only see the ‘delivered’ tag. If the message isn’t viewed for days or weeks, then it could mean that they blocked you.
How to know if someone blocked you on Snapchat Story?
If someone blocks you on Snapchat Story, you can chat with them but can’t see their story. The only method to find out if they blocked you is by asking a mutual friend if they are still seeing his/her stories.
What’s the difference between blocked and removed on Snapchat?
In both cases, the user is not notified that they have been blocked or removed. However, you can find out if you have been removed. Simply search the name of the Snapchat user. If you see the ‘Add’ button next to their name, then they have removed you.
Furthermore, to know if someone blocked you, check if you can see their stories. If you can’t, ask a mutual friend. If they can but you can’t, then you have been blocked.
If You block someone on Snapchat will they know?
No, if you block someone on Snapchat, they aren’t notified at all. This is why blocking is used to steer away from stalkers and irritating people.