Snapchat is loved by people because of the unique feature that it offers. Snapchat offers its services to over a 280 billion users despite the competition from its competitors which offer the same services.
Developers always try their best to give you an endless streaming experience but any type of bugs and issues can always creep into the app. This article sums up the top tanking sites and provides you with all the solutions in one place.
Here are some guidelines on how to fix when Snapchat won’t open. Try these all one by one and you will surely fix your Snapchat issue.
Solutions to Fix the Snapchat won’t open issue
- Check if Snapchat is down
- Close and Re-Open Snapchat
- Remove and Reinstall Snapchat
- Check for updates
- Check the Internet connection
- Restart Mobile
- Check the app network permissions
- Clear Snapchat’s app cache
Fixing the Snapchat won’t open error on your device
Check if Snapchat is down
These days it’s quite often that social media apps are going down. So you need to consider that it might not be working for anyone else. You can check it in many ways, but I will tell you the easiest ones.
Down Detector is a site that tracks all services and tracks if apps are down. Head to the down detector Snapchat page and it will tell you if apps working or not.
The second option is to check Snapchat’s Twitter account. It will always have the latest news of any current faults and also tell you how much time it will take. You can always ask your friends if the app is down or not
Close and re-open Snapchat
If Snapchat is not down, you can try closing and re-opening the app. When you use an app continuously it will most probably show some issue no matter which device you use. Try closing and re-opening the app 2-3 times in case the Snapchat is up. If the issue persists try logging out and logging back in.
Remove and Reinstall Snapchat
Due to overuse or continuous use, the excess cache gets stored due to which Snapchat is not working or opening. Re-installing the app 2-3 times will delete all previous cache and allow the app to work more smoothly on your system.
- Open Google Play Store.
- Search for Snapchat in the search bar.
- Click on Uninstall and the app will uninstall in seconds.
- After some seconds, INSTALL will appear on the screen.
- Hit INSTALL and you are done.
- Press the Snapchat icon for some seconds on the home screen.
- Tap on remove app
- A pop will appear, tap delete the app
- Now go to the App Store and search for Snapchat in the search bar
- Install the app again by clicking on the cloud icon
Check for updates
Snapchat updates itself regularly to provide the best user performance and fix internal bugs. You might be using an older version of the app, which will bring problems. You should always check for updates in the updates section of the google play store or the IOS app store.
Running an old version is OK, but it also brings issues when significant changes are implemented to apps. Make sure you update your apps and mobile phone regularly.
Google Play Store
- Open the Google Play Store on your device.
- Search Snapchat on The Search Bar.
- Click on the Update Option.
- If it asks for any permission, tap on the Allow option.
- Click on the AppStore icon.
- Search for Snapchat using the interface’s search bar
- Tap on the Update option if you see one.
If you have a proper internet connection and no downloads in progress, it will instantly start progressing.
Check your internet connection
If specific features are not working in Snapchat your internet connection is a problem. To check it, simply open another app like google browser or youtube. If they aren’t working then your internet is a problem
If you are using Wi-Fi, switch to data and vice versa. In case you are using a VPN, you need to disable it as Snapchat doesn’t allow any third-party access.
There is also a chance that your network administrator might be blocking certain services, such as Snapchat. This is most common in schools, libraries, and other places. in this case you should contact your network operator and ask him to allow the service
Another simple yet effective way to fix this problem tries restarting your device. As it’s quick and easy, it’s worth a try. Open Snapchat a few times after restarting to see if the problem is solved. For android users, it’s easy to restart as they just have to press the power button, But for IOS users’s the process is given below.
- Hold down the power and the home button/volume down button simultaneously.
- As soon as you see the Apple continue to hold the home button down, release the power button until you see the display prompt.
- Push the power button and hold it until you see a set of options related to the Power.
- Choose the Restart option.
Check app network permissions
In the excitement of using the app, we click on DON’T ALLOW TO A PERMISSION which results in many features not working properly. For example, you see a black screen instead of a camera on the home page. Necessary permissions can include Phone, Location, Storage, and others
- Launch the Snapchat application on your device.
- Tap on your Avatar on the top-left part of the main page.
- Touch the Settings icon on the top-right corner.
- Scroll down to Manage. In the managed folder, hit permissions.
- Missing permissions will prompt you to choose the Tap to enable option. This will open the system settings to adjust all permissions for the app.
- Go into Permissions and give Snapchat permission to use everything it needs to, in order to function smoothly.
Clear Snapchat’s App Cache
Snapchat downloads media and other content onto your phone. If these files are corrupted it makes Snapchat slow or not working. Don’t worry it’s not your fault it’s all automatic. What you can do is clear these files and don’t hesitate it won’t make you lose any data.
- Open the Snapchat application.
- Click on your avatar icon and open your profile.
- Click on the setting icon on the top right corner.
- Scroll down and select clear cache.
- Hit clear to delete all the stored cache memory.
So this was all about how you can fix it when your Snapchat won’t open. We have tried to write about every solution in simple language and step by step procedure.
We taught you how to fix problems with your Snapchat if it’s not working properly. We hope this article was helpful to you in solving your Snapchat issues.
What Happens If You Restart Snapchat?
Restarting your Snapchat will not cause any loss of data or snaps. In some cases, it removes your saved snaps if they are not backed up. So, it is advised to always back up your data before logging out or restarting.
Why Is My Snapchat App Not Opening?
First of all check for an update in the app from the play store or app store and update your app to the latest version. If the problem persists, try reinstalling the app from the google play store or App store. There might be some glitch that will be solved.
Why Does Snap Keep Kicking Me Out?
You might be using an older version of the app. Try updating it. If the problem persists, restart your phone. The phone might not be responding because of excess use or heat up.
How To Fix Snapchat Not Loading Snaps?
First of all, you need to check your internet connection. You can do it by opening other apps like youtube. Switch to data if you are using wifi and vice-versa. Maybe your account has been blocked by the server. In this case, you should post a query at Snapchat’s help center.