Lately, remarkably many people have complained that their smite keeps crashing on Windows PC. So, do you want to know how to settle Smite crashing on a startup? If yes, then you have reached the right zone. Let’s get started!
Smite is a relatively famous third-person MOBA video game designed by Hi-Rez Studios. This game got publicized for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, and Xbox One. Regardless, multiple users vex that Smite retains crashing after installing updates.
The reasons smite crashes on launch might be considerable. Various factors like antivirus software, corrupt games files, problematic Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable packages can be the reason for Smite not being launched. Fortunately, we have examined many practical fixes after analyzing vast user reports. Let us discuss some reasons why this happens and their resolutions also.
Why am I not able to connect to Smite servers?
First things first: If the game can not connect to Xbox Live, do not change any settings or install the game again. When interruption or supervision occurs, you will not get to connect to the game servers. It may be possible that Xbox Live is having problems or that the Smite servers are under supervision.
How do I repair the Xbox game smite on PC problem?
Go to the gear-like icon from the bottom-left part of the Smite launcher window for the Settings. Click the Troubleshoot control & select the Restart Services. Linger for the client to perform this operation and try to start the game now. It should fix the issue for you if it does not seem to be working. Continue to the article, and you will gradually get the way out to fix it surely.
How to Fix Xbox Smite Crashing issue?
Xbox Smite Crashing issues can occur for plenty of reasons. But some general reasons are corrupted game files, software glitches, or a firewall blockage. You can fix the Xbox Smite Crashing issue through the below efforts:
- Add the game to the exception lists in the firewall
- Installing the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable package and Smite again
- Verify virtue of the game files
- Try uninstalling the EasyAntiCheat program
- Inspect if the Hi-Rez Studios Authenticate and Update service is operating
- Transfer the msvcr100.dll or msvcp110.dll files to the SysWow64 folder
- Uninstall the Microsoft Visual C++ x86 updates
- Make a new user account
- Play the game with only one monitor
- Upgrade the HHD to SSD
Fix for Smite game keeps crashing issue:
1. Add the game to the exception lists in the firewall
One of the most typical reasons behind Smite crashing can be your antivirus software or firewall of your device. To resolve the error, you can attempt adding the game to the exception lists of your firewall or antivirus.
- Search firewall in the search box & then pick the Windows Defender Firewall from the context menu.
- After that, go to the Allow an app through the Windows Defender Firewall option from the left pane.
- Choose the checkbox for Smite from the list of installed programs and click on the OK button.
Tip: For AVG, navigate to Home, go to Options, select Advanced Settings, then Exceptions, open Add Exceptions then, Browse and choose smite.exe.
2. Install, Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable package and Smite again
If there are any issues with the Visual C++ Redistributable Package, the Smite failed to launch game error can ensue. You can repair it by reinstalling the Visual C++ features and Smite.
- Feed Control in the search box & pick Control Panel from the context menu.
- Change the View by to Category at the top right intersection and click on Uninstall a Program.
- Right-click Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package from the list of installed programs & elect to Uninstall it. Then pursue the on-screen prompts to finish this procedure.
- Now, download the Microsoft Visual C ++ 2010 Package and install it again on your computer.
Note: If you are using a 64-bit Windows version, make certain that you install both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of the Visual C ++ 2010 Package.
- If the Smite crashing on launch problem persists after the above measures, you may have to reinstall this game. Some users conveyed that they settled the matter by downloading the game from Steam. Here you may have a try!
3. Verify virtue of the game files
Vague or corrupt game files are another justification why Smite keeps crashing. Here you can pursue the steps below to verify the virtue of the game files.
- Right-click the Steam launcher & select Run as administrator.
- Steer to the Library tab, and then right-click Smite from the list of games and choose Properties.
- In the Properties, go to the Local Files tab & click on the Verify Integrity of Game Files.
Once the procedure is complete, relaunch the game and witness if the Smite freezing matter has been fixed.
4. Try uninstalling the EasyAntiCheat Program
The EasyAntiCheat program is a crucial component for Smite. Once the EAC file gets complex, you may encounter the problem Smite keeps crashing on Windows PC. To repair it, you need to uninstall EAC from the Smite folder.
- Press Win + E keys to open the File Explorer, and then steer to the following path: C: \Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\SMITE\Binaries\EasyAntiCheat
Tip: This is the default route of the Smite folder. Substitute it with the path that you have saved in the Smite game.
- Right-click the EasyAntiCheat_Setup file and Uninstall. After that, close everything & attempt running the game. If Smite keeps crashing or arrives with an error, you have to install the EasyAntiCheat.
- After installing the EasyAntiCheat, come back to the Smite folder again & operate the EasyAntiCheat_Setup program. Right-click the Smite program from your mouse and click on Repair/Install.
Tip: You can install the Anti Cheat program by either confirming the virtue of game files or reinstalling the game.
5. Inspect if the Hi-Rez Studios Authenticate and Update service is operating
You may undergo Smite crashing on startup if the Hi-Rez Studios Authenticate and Update service is disabled. Heed the steps below to check if the service is running.
- Press Win + R keys to open the Run dialog box and type services. msc in the box and press Enter.
- Scroll down the list of services until you discover the Hi-Rez Studios Authenticate and Update service. If it is not operating, right-click the service and choose Properties.
- Modify the Startup type to Automatic, and then click on the Start button.
- Click on the OK button to preserve the change.
You can start your computer again and notice if the Smite has failed to launch, the game case persists.
6. Transfer the msvcr100.dll or msvcp110.dll files to the SysWow64 folder
Both msvcr100.dll or msvcp110.dll are Windows DLL files are contained in the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package or some application. Many users conveyed they resolved the Smite crashing on the startup case by transferring the files to the SysWow64 folder.
Here is how:
Download the 32-bit version of that DLL file and save it to your personal computer.
- Press Win + E keys to open the File Explorer, and then helm to the C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\Wow64 directory.
- Replicate the DLL file and paste it to the SysWOW64 folder.
Now, you can boot your computer again and check if Smite keeps crashing.
7. Uninstall the Microsoft Visual C++ x86 updates
Many users encountered that Smite is still not launching after installing the Microsoft Visual updates. You require to uninstall the Microsoft Visual C++ x86 updates if you want to resolve the issue.
Tip: By performing a system restore, you can undo these updates.
- Use the Win + I key to open the Settings app & then go to the Update & Security section.
- Scroll down the right sidebar & go to View update history.
- Uninstall updates, and then right-click the troubling update and choose Uninstall.
Once you clear the updates, relaunch the game & witness if the Smite freezing problem still occurs.
8. Make a new User Account
If there are any problems with your user account, you may encounter Smite crashing on launch. And this you can fix easily by creating a new user account.
- Press Win + I keys to open the Settings app and click on Accounts.
- Choose the Other people option from the left pane & click on Add someone else to this PC from the right-side pane.
- I don’t have this person’s sign-in information in the pop-up window.
- Add a new user by clicking on Add a user without a Microsoft account. Then Windows will drive you to create a new Microsoft account. Here, you will need to enter a user name & assign a password for the newly created account and click on Next.
Once you make a new account, you can swap it and see if the problem still emerges.
9. Play the game with only one monitor
Multiple users undergo the Smite failed to launch game problem when using a dual monitor configuration. You are advised to disable the second monitor & then reboot your computer to solve this problem. To disable the second monitor, follow the instructions below:
- Open windows settings.
- Now, go to the display settings and select it.
- There you will get to see an option to adjust your screen monitor.
- As you click on it. You will get a pop-up with all the active monitor screens.
- Now select the second screen and remove it.
Check if this fixes your issue. If not, move to the next step.
10. Upgrade the HHD to SSD
If still, the freezing problem of Smite continues after you have attempted all the above approaches, then you can think about upgrading your HDD to SSD. As you comprehend, SSD brags faster data transferring rate than HDD. If you install the game on SSD, you can evade the crashing issue and enjoy a good game experience.
Here comes a question to upgrade HHD to SSD without reinstalling OS? Then MiniTool Partition Wizard is what you require. It is an all-in-one section manager with many powerful traits like converting MBR to GPT, moving/resizing partition, aligning partition, recovering lost data, migrating OS to SSD/HD, copy disk, rebuilding MBR, & so forth.
Tip: Since the complimentary edition does not support the OS migration feature, we suggested installing the Pro Ultimate edition. To learn more attributes, you can refer to this edition comparison.
Install an SSD on your Windows PC & then establish MiniTool Partition Wizard to join its primary interface.
- Click on the Migrate OS to SSD/HD Wizard trait at the left pane and pick a suitable manner to emigrate your system disk.
- Choose the SSD that you newly installed from the disk map & click on Next to resume.
- Examine the modifications you have made & click on Next to persist. Here we urge you to click on Align partitions to 1MB, which can enhance the execution of SSD.
- Click Finish in the pop-up window to verify the modifications. Prior, you ought to click on Apply to run the uncertain operation.
Smite crashing on a startup can be exceedingly typical. Subsequent time you encounter this same problem, we expect the keys mentioned above would be helpful for you in fixing it. If one does not help you, try applying the other and get it resolved for you.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What Does PTS Stand For In SMITE?
The Public Test Server (PTS) experiments on major patches initial to their getaway to the “official/live” Smite installation. The servers are functional for use only at specific junctures.
How to fix Smite waiting on game data?
Some explanations might be resuming services from the client, destroying the HiPatchService.exe Process in Task Manager, making a new account, installing or uninstalling HirezService, or installing Smite again.
Can We Run Smite On 32-Bit?
Smite might operate terribly on 64-bit mode for many users, resulting in auto-close at an unexpected point. Nonetheless, it is operated pleasant and slick on the 32-bit.
How To Fix Smite Report Crashing While Launching?
To fix this issue, you might need to consider a few things like the error, which could occur due to the firewall blockade or corrupted files. So, in that case. You will need to configure the firewall of your system. If this does not help, try to uninstall the Microsoft Visual C++ x86 updates.