Some individuals prefer to read digital clocks in the “military” 24-hour format. Many others, on the other hand, favor 12-hour clocks.
The military format, often known as military time, is a convenient way to tell time without an AM or PM suffix requirement. The 12-hour format with PM and AM suffix is the default time format in Windows 8 and Windows 10. If you prefer military time, simply follow the steps below to change the time format from 12-hour to 24-hour military time.
Changing time to military time is a straightforward process. However, in Windows 10 and Windows 8, you must go to the Region settings to convert time to military time. There are two easy methods to get to these options. The two methods for accessing the same Region settings are listed below.
How to Change Time Format From 12 Hour Clock to 24 Hour Clock?
Here are two methods to switch 12 Hour Clock to 24 Hour Clock in Windows.
- Notification Area Method
- Control Panel Time Settings Method
1. Notification Area
- In your taskbar’s date and time area at the lower right corner of your screen, right-click the time and date.
- Select the “Adjust date/time.”
- Scroll down the window and click on “Date, Time, and Regional formatting.”
- Easily Change the date and time in the Date and Time window.
- Change calendar settings and Change date and time formats under the Data Formats tab in the Date and Time Settings window.
- Both the Short and Long-time parameters can be changed. Select any format that begins with a capital “H” for the 24-hour clock from the drop-down menu.
2. Control Panel Time Settings App
In Windows 8 or Windows 10, go to the Control Panel. Click the start button and write down the control panel. Then, select the Control Panel option.
- Click Clock and Region in the category view. Then select Region. (For older windows like XP, click regional and language options.)
- The Region window is the same as the one described in the above method.
- Change data formats for both Short and Long-time formats. Select any format that begins with a capital “H.” small “h” represents a 12-hour clock from the drop-down menu.
- Examine the preview in the Examples area, then Apply and OK.
Why Is It Important To Know The Military Time?
There are various advantages to serving in the military. Here’s some extra info to help you decide when it’s the best time to use it.
- Use the military time instead of standard time to avoid confusion about a.m. and p.m.
- Because a single number represents each hour of the day, this is an excellent way to learn time.
- Make sure your clock is set to p.m. rather than a.m.
- Reading travel information, such as boarding cards, is simple.
- It’s simple to convert: subtract 1200 for hours afternoon.
- A 24-hour clock does not repeat standard time.
- To distinguish between morning and evening, no a.m. or p.m. is required.
- Military time is used in many jobs to generate monthly timesheets.
- It’s often used wherever that precise timing is required.
- Government agencies such as the National Guard, Army, Navy, Marine Corps, and Air Force and law enforcement and emergency services use it.
- Military timepieces are easier to read than civilian timepieces.
What is Short and Long-Time in Windows 10?
The Date and Time are displayed in two places on your computer in Windows 10. The first time zone is located in the lower right corner of your screen.
It is the most prominent area of time on a computer, and it’s called the Short Time.
On Windows 10 Calendar, the second clock (Long-Time) is buried and can only be viewed by clicking on the first location.
I hope all the above information has assisted you in changing the time format on your computer from 12 to 24 hours or 24 to 12 hours. That’s all there is to convert the time in Windows to military format.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you display the military time format?
Military time is a technique of telling time that uses 24 hours instead of 12. Without a colon, military time utilizes four numerals, the first two indicating the hour and the last two indicating the minutes. Military time begins at 0000 a.m. and counts up, with 1300 denoting 1:00 p.m. and 2300 denoting 11:00 p.m.
How do I set military time on Windows 10?
Open settings and go to the end of the list, and select “System.” After that, select the “Date & Time” tab. Next, toggle off “Use Locale Default” in the “Time Format” box. By tapping on the corresponding toggle, you can enable the “Use 24-Hour Format” setting once it has been disabled.
How do I set military time to regular time?
First, go to the Settings menu, pull down your phone’s notification shade, and press on the gear icon. After that, scroll to the bottom of the list and pick System. Finally, select a day and time. Switching the system clock to a 24-hour format is the final step.