Discord allows users to communicate via many channels over the internet. For individuals who like to converse, chat, or hang out, the app is ideal. Maintain contact with family, friends, and communities with whom you have a common interest. If you’ve tried to send videos over Discord, you may have discovered that it doesn’t always work.
Click on the Plus icon in the message bar to send videos. Before selecting Upload, choose the video you want to share. The video must be in the supported format and the correct size for this to operate. MP4, FLV, MOV, AVI, MPEG4, 3GPP, and WebM are among the file types supported by the application.
Your membership tier determines the size of movies you can send. Your membership tier determines the size of movies you can send. You can only transmit films up to 8 MB if you have a basic account.
You’ll need the Nitro account to get around Discord’s 8MB limit. You can share MP4 files up to 50 MB in size with the Nitro membership or 100 MB with the Discord Nitro subscription.
Methods to learn “How to send videos on discord”
- Send Videos on Discord PC
- Send Videos on Discord Mobile
- Send Long Videos on Discord (More Than 8MB)
- Upload to YouTube/ Google Drive/ Dropbox /Vimeo
- Want to Send videos on Discord through YouTube?
1. Send Videos on Discord PC
“How to send videos on discord”? When using a PC, sending videos to Discord is quite simple, as long as the files aren’t too enormous.
- First, simply navigate to the channel or private message to whom you wish to send the video.
- Simply select the appropriate selection from the list of servers to which you have access. Find the user you need to send it to privately in your message inbox.
- To add more characters to your message, click the addition (+) icon to the left of the chatbox at the bottom of the screen.
- Now, find the file on your computer and double-click it.
- The video will then open in a pop-up window where you can leave a comment. It’ll be positioned above the video. It’s also possible to flag it as a spoiler.
- It’s helpful to provide a gaming tip, but I don’t want to give anything away about the tale to anyone who hasn’t finished it yet.
- Press the “upload” button to upload the video files. The movie would be visible in the chat window to anyone on the discord server or your friend if you sent it privately.
- They can also download it by clicking the download option in the top right corner of the video.
- While Discord can handle most video formats, it’s worth mentioning that it can’t take them all.
- If you upload data in a format that Discord doesn’t support, it won’t display a video player.
- Only the file will be uploaded. Others can still watch it on their own devices if they download it.
There’s also an 8MB file size limit. While there is no set file size for video, this isn’t a big deal. It’s improbable that there will be more than 60 seconds of footage, and it may only be a few seconds.
2. Send Videos on Discord Mobile
“How to send videos on discord”? The process for sending the video on Discord Mobile is nearly identical on iOS and Android, with a few slight differences.
- First, you must navigate to the discord server or inbox where the video will be shared.
- Then, right to the left of the chatbox, click the ‘Photo Selector’ button.
- It will open the gallery on your phone. However, it will only search for photographs.
- The File Selector, the third icon along, is what you want. It appears to be a folded-over corner of a written document.
- When you do this, you’ll be allowed to upload a video directly from your phone’s Downloads folder.
- Click the Expand arrow at the upper left of the menu to send a video from another location.
- It will take you to the file navigation system on your phone, where you can find the video you’re looking for.
- After you’ve chosen your video, simply press the blue Share icon to send it to the conversation.
- Before you hit upload, you can add a note as a caption, but this time it will be in the regular message box rather than a dedicated remark area.
3. Send Long Videos on Discord (More Than 8MB)
Learn “how to send videos on discord” When using a free Discord account, you’re limited to an 8MB file size restriction, which isn’t much. There are a few options here, so choose the one that appeals to you the most.
Now you’ll discover how to submit a movie that’s larger than the discord upload limit, which is usually around 50 to 80 MB.
Use Discord Nitro for 100MB uploads.
The first alternative is to pay for a Nitro upgrade. It is possibly the simplest but certainly not the cheapest. The subscription edition of Discord comes with a variety of extra features.
One of which is a 100MB file upload limit. It is priced at $9.99 per month or $99.99 per year. It might be worth it if you’re going to be submitting videos that aren’t quite as long as this.
Use Handbrake Compressor
Handbrake is an easy video converter that holds nearly all codecs and formats. This application will help you minimize the size of your discord file without sacrificing video quality. Thus if you have a video that is longer than 60 seconds, you can use it.
- Download the software from the handbrake website, which is accessible for both Mac and Windows.
- Open a handbrake after the software has been downloaded and installed, and it will prompt you to drop a file or video.
- Drag the video to the desired location.
- Now you may get a preview of the video, select mp4 as the format, and click Start Encoding.
- I’m hoping the file size has been decreased to less than 8 megabytes. If not, you can recompress the compressed video to make it smaller.
IMGUR allows you to send videos to Discord
Imgur is a public picture and video sharing website where you can upload and share your photos and videos. You can send any video to Discord using Imgur, except for videos that are longer than 60 seconds.
- Open the Imgur website and create a free account; this is a simple process.
- After you’ve logged in, go to the very left-hand top of the page and click +New post, which should be in a green tab.
- To upload the video, drag it here or click pick photo or video.
- The video uploading process will now begin; please give your post a title and then click on the post to the community to continue.
- After your video has been published, right-click it and select “open in a new tab.” Now copy the new tab’s URL address.
- To send the video, go to the Discord dashboard and select the server or user to whom you wish to send it.
- In the chatbox, paste the code and press Enter.
4. Upload to YouTube/ Google Drive/ Dropbox /Vimeo
The final step is to upload your video to an internet player or cloud storage provider. As an alternative to hosting the file on Discord, you may just provide a link to it. Obviously, YouTube and Vimeo are the most apparent alternatives. Streamable is another popular alternative because it offers free membership.
YouTube’s maximum video upload size is 128GB. It is enormous, especially considering competing services. Such as Streamable, limiting free users to 500MB per video.
So, if you want to post large files, go with YouTube or upgrade your membership somewhere else. Once your video is up and running, simply copy the link and paste it into Discord to share your content.
The sole downside of the option is that it prevents other users from downloading the video directly. If you wish to send the entire file, you may need to use a file-sharing service like Dropbox.
5. Want to Send videos on Discord through YouTube?
You can transmit a link to Discord video to YouTube. The video will be embedded in the app, and the recipient will watch it there.
- Go to your YouTube account and sign in. After you log in, you’ll be able to send long films on Discord that are up to 15 minutes long and more than 8MB in size.
- After you’ve opened YouTube, go to the upper right corner of your screen and click the video camera icon.
- Select Upload Video from the drop-down menu. If you’re using the YouTube app, you can also choose GO LIVE or select a video from your device collection.
- Choose a video or drag it into the browser with your mouse.
- Give your video a title and a thumbnail.
- Click Done and copy the provided link.
- Paste the link into the Discord channel, chat session, or contact you wish to share the video with.
- After that, the software will embed the link and allow the recipient to see the video associated with it.
“How to Send Videos on Discord?” Now that you’ve read the post, you’ll be able to send videos on Discord. Imgur is a decent alternative if your video is larger than 8 MB. Sending videos under 60 seconds. Utilize a handbrake compressor to send videos beyond 60 seconds. It offers you the Discord Nitro complete alternate.
Check out our article on 13 Fixes For Discord RTC Connecting Error