Sending a big video through WhatsApp is definitely gonna take a long time. And sometimes it won’t be sent from your android phone. When you try to send a big music video or movie from your android phone, it will definitely take a long time.
Sometimes people might not have a laptop or system to view these large videos. You think the process becomes tedious. Don’t worry.
You can send large video files from android using many techniques in this article.
Techniques to Send Large Video Files From Android
1. Send the Videos From Android Through Text
Sending the video might look like a straightforward process, but only the video’s size can determine the process’s complexity. Follow the steps below to send the large video files from android through text.
- Open the messaging app on your android phone.
- Create a new message.
- Click on the attach icon.
- Choose the video option from the menu.
- A window will pop up from where you must select the video you want to attach.
- Once you have attached the files, click on the Send button.
2. Email Videos Using Google Photos App
This is one of the common ways to email large videos. Before proceeding with this option, you need to verify whether your email account is open or not.
You can do this by simply adding your account from the settings app if you have not added that Gmail account. Follow the steps below to email videos using the photos app.
- Open the photos app on your android phone.
- From the albums, select the video that you want to share.
- Click on the share icon.
- A menu will pop up. From that, click on the email option.
- Choose the email service provider. Type the recipient’s email address and make it an email attachment.
- Once you have attached the video file, click on the compose button.
You can share video files via OneDrive and Google Drive. These are some of the popular cloud service platforms. So, here you can use this option to send large video files from android.
Follow the steps below to share videos via OneDrive.
- Download and install the One Drive app on your android phone.
- If you have already installed it, open the app.
- Log in to your Microsoft account. If you don’t have a Microsoft account, you can create one using simple steps.
- Once you have logged in, upload the videos you want to send.
- Now, choose one or multiple videos that you want to send.
- After selecting, click on the Share button.
- Click on the Copy link.
- Now, paste the copied link into the application or website you want to send.
Follow the steps below to share videos via Google Drive.
- Download and install the Google Drive app on your android phone.
- If you have already installed it, open the app and make sure you have a proper internet connection.
- Log in with your Google account.
- Upload the files you want to send.
- Select the video file you want to send and click on 3 dots.
- From the menu, tap adds people option.
- Type the email address to which you want to send the video file.
- Decide whether you want the recipient to view, edit, or comment.
- Click on the send button to share the videos.
4. Transfer Videos From Android Phone to Computer
Follow the steps below to transfer videos from an android phone to a computer.
- The first step is to connect your mobile phone and laptop using the respective cable.
- Once you have connected, a message will pop up. Click on the transfer files option as we will transfer a video file.
- Once you choose the method, a pop-up message will appear on your laptop. Click on the internal storage device.
- Wait for it until it gets completely loaded.
- From here, select the file that you want to send. Right-click on it and click on Copy.
- Select where you want to paste it. I am going to randomly paste it on the desktop. Wait for a few seconds until it completely gets loaded on the desktop.
5. Transfer Using Apps
We all know that when we reduce the file size of a video, the quality will be compromised.
To avoid that, you can use some apps to send large video files from your android device. It directly transfers the videos from your android device without compressing them. These apps are also good for sending large audio files.
It is one of the fastest and easiest apps to use. You can share your files easily as it is compatible with multiple operating systems.
It also allows you to connect two devices using tools such as near-device communication and QR codes.
The advantage of this app is that it removes the manual connection between the devices, which increases convenience.
One of the best features of this app is that it allows you to share files of any type. You can exchange files between mobile phones and computers.
It has an excellent interface that is suitable for navigating and easy to use. It completes the file sharing within a few clicks.
Send Anywhere is the right option for users looking for a free application with maximum usability.
It has several file-sharing options suitable for different people with different preferences. It allows you to send large files without posing any limitations.
6. Send Using Wifi Direct
Wifi direct will quickly share the video files from android within seconds or minutes, depending on the size of the video.
The files can be exchanged without any access pointer or router. All you need to do is create a hotspot with one device and connect it with the other device. Follow the steps below to send video files from android using wifi direct.
- Open the file manager app on your android device.
- Select the file you want to share and click on send option.
- Click on the wifi direct option. Some modern android phones come with a built-in wi-fi direct app.
- Switch on the wifi of the receiving device and connect the hotspot of the sending device.
- Once you have set that, the transfer process will start. The speed will range from 2 – 4 Mbps.
7. Send Using Telegram
Follow the steps below to send large video files from telegram.
- Open the Telegram app on your android phone.
- Open the chat to whom you want to send the video.
- Click on the attachment icon at the bottom.
- Click on the file.
- Click on the folder as the file will be inside the internal storage.
- Select the video.
- The video will be sent to that person.
I hope the above techniques have given you an idea for sending large video files from an android device.
Sometimes it takes a considerable time to send video files when you use apps like WhatsApp. In that case, you can use other apps to transfer large video files, so you don’t have to compromise the video quality.