Facebook is among the best social media platforms for connecting with friends and family. Among the many features, it offers connectivity with the people you know. It extends even the ones across international borders.
But at times, you may want to stop being in touch with any of your Facebook friends. Or one of your known unfriended you from their Facebook friends list. On top of it, the social media giant respects every user’s privacy. Hence, it doesn’t send a notification to you about this action from your ex-Facebook friend.
But we are here to tell you how to see who unfriended you on Facebook. That too, without violating any of its policies. Read more and find out who is no longer friends with you.
Steps to Find Out Who Unfriended you on Facebook
- Check the People icon
- Check Facebook Profile
- Check your Friends list
- Check Activity log
- Use an extension
Steps to Find Out Who Unfriended you on Facebook
Let’s uncover the mystery of who unfriended you in as many as five ways. And the best part is that most of them are applicable on the Facebook app and the website.
1. Check the People icon
You must have noticed the people’s icon while scrolling your feed. While on some other posts, you might have seen the globe icon. But have you understood what they signify?
Let us share it with you. If a Facebook account user’s post has a globe icon, then the post is public. But if you see a people’s icon, it means those are private posts of the user. As a result, they will only be visible to the account user and their Facebook friends.
This also means that if one of your friends has unfriended you, you can still see some of their posts. These posts will have the world icon and are independent of being in the past or the future. At least, that’s how it has worked until now.
2. Check Facebook Profile
Another way to verify who unfriended you is through their Facebook profile page. Yes, it’s that simple. Here’s what you need to do:
- Go to any one of your friends or known Facebook profile.
- Wait for the person’s Facebook profile page to load with details such as bio, photos, and posts.
- On the first half of this page, you should be able to see their connection status with this person.
If it is marked as friends, then they are still your friend on this social media platform. But, if you see an add friend button, they were either never on your friend’s list or are no longer there.
3. Check your Friends list
It is not always easy to check someone else’s or even your friend’s Facebook profile. This is due to the privacy settings that a user applies to their profile.
In such cases, you can turn toward your own friend’s list. Surprised, aren’t you? Well, using this option is also straightforward, as mentioned below:
- Go to your profile page.
- Click on the Friends button to display the long list of folks. Since you can have any number of friends, it might be impossible to scroll through and find a specific name.
- So, you can use the search results option. This is available at the top of your displayed friend list.
- Search for any name, and the name will pop up if they are on the list.
4. Check the Activity log
If none of these steps has given you a satisfying result, then there’s one more approach. Let’s get started on it:
- Login to your Facebook account and open the account-based settings.
- Now, navigate to the Privacy menu and locate the Activity log section. As the name suggests, this will open your Activity log with the social media platform.
- Once this window opens, search for the filters option. Use it to apply the friends added filter.
Note: This will help you filter the long log and show only the added friends-based activities.
- Now, you can check for every person you ever added on Facebook.
- You can also click on the three horizontal lines for every profile.
- If you see an add friend button, this person has unfriended on this platform.
5. Use an extension
If you are troubled by the fact that Facebook doesn’t notify you of unfriendly actions, there’s a cure to this. However, it uses third-party apps. So, if you are comfortable with an external party accessing your Facebook account details, then follow the steps below:
- Install any unfriend finder apps in the popular web browsers you use.
- Once you select an app, add it to your browser as an extension.
- Once installed, the app or the extension should get active the next time you access Facebook.
And if you allow it to remain active, it will notify you if anyone unfriends you in the future.
We understand the feeling of finding a long-lost friend on these social media platforms. And we can also understand the sense of no longer being friends with any of them. Therefore, it is okay to be curious to know who you are no longer in touch with. You can use these methods to see who unfriended you without violating the terms.