You stopped by a post on your Instagram feed and dropped a comment. Now, you want to go back there and delete it for good. But how to see the comments you made on Instagram when you don’t remember the username or even a hashtag? There are different methods to help you with that. Read on to find the simple ways to see all the comments you made on Instagram.
How to See All Your Comments on Instagram
Instagram data provides you with information such as profile info, likes, and messages. settings and more. So, the first method to find the comments you made on Instagram is to download your Instagram data.
1. Download Your Instagram Data
Here are the steps to download your Instagram data:
- Launch the Instagram app on your phone.
- Expand the “Your activity” menu and click on the “Download your information” option.
- Input your email address along with your Instagram password. Click the “Request download” button.
- Wait till you receive your data from Instagram to your email address.
- After you receive the email, expand it and hit the “Download Data” button.
- Now, you will head to the Instagram login page. You have to enter your username and password. Then, click the “Download Information” button on the following page.
- The file will download in .zip format. Thus, you will need to extract it to the preferred location and then open the folder.
- Expand the “Comments” folder.
- In this folder, you will spot a “post_comments” HTML or JSON format.
- In case the file is in HTML format, you have to double-click it. If it is in JSON format, you can convert it to PDF.
- You are all set to view all the comments you have made through your Instagram account.
2. Check Your Activity
The Your activity feature of Instagram can help you check and delete the old comments you have made. Here is what you need to do:
- Head to your Instagram profile.
- Tap on the three horizontal lines at the top right corner and select “Your activity”.
- Move to the “Interactions” option. Here, you will find the likes and comments you have made with your Instagram account.
- Your most recent comments will appear on the top. You can tap on the “Sort & Filter” option and select the “Oldest to newest” filter. You can also choose the start and end dates to filter your comments.
- Hit the “Apply” button.
3. Check Posts You’ve Liked
Instagram gives you the option to check the posts that you have liked. You can use this feature to walk to the comment section to find the comment you have made. There is a high chance that you might have double-tapped the post while commenting on it. So, you can opt for this method.
Follow the below-mentioned steps to find your liked posts:
- Open the Instagram app on your phone.
- Head to your profile and hit the three-bar icon at the top right corner of the screen.
- Go to the “Your Activity” section.
- Tap on the “Interactions” option and then hit “Likes”.
Alternative: You can also check the posts you’ve liked using your Instagram Settings. Go to the “Settings” feature, tap on “Account” and you will find the “Posts You’ve Liked” option there.
4. Use the Search Option for the Exact Comment
You can take a hand from the search feature of your browser to see the exact comment you made on an Instagram post. Here is what you need to do:
- Go to Instagram web.
- Expand comments on your screen.
- Open all the comments on your computer before your search for the one you’re looking for.
- Use Ctrl + F shortcut on Windows to open your browser’s search feature. If you are using macOS, use Command + F.
Why Can’t I Comment on Instagram?
Did you get a “Comments Blocked” notification from Instagram while trying to comment on a post? Not being able to put your comment on a certain person’s post can be annoying. This error can come your way for various possible reasons.
Here are the factors that might be keeping you from commenting on Instagram.
- Your Instagram is not up to date.
- You are writing the same comment over and again.
- The user might have blocked you.
- Your comment may contain words/phrases that violate Instagram’s terms of service.
- You have exceeded your daily limit of comments.
- You have added more than 30 hashtags in your comment.
- You have mentioned more than 5 profiles in your comment.
How Do I Delete Comments that I have Made on Instagram Posts?
Now that you have found the comment you were looking for, you might want to delete it. To do that, you can follow these steps:
- Open the post and tap on the comment icon.
- If you are using an iPhone, swipe left over your comment. Tap the comment for Android.
- Now, hit the delete icon to remove the comment.
View All Comments Made on Instagram
We hope you are now able to find and see your Instagram comment history. You can check Your activity to view comments and like. Or, you can download your Instagram data to fetch the file of your Instagram activity. And once you have found the comment, you can finally remove it or – keep it as it is.