Rooting an android device makes things easier for you. Root android phone without pc it is so because you can gain full access to administrator privileges that you didn’t have before.
In technical terms, it is known as gaining root access.
Perks of root access involve modifying your phone with custom ROM. Another benefit is that it improves battery life and helps you uninstall bloatware.
You can either root your device with the help of a PC or with other tools available from unknown sources.
Ahead is an extensive step-by-step guide for those who want to root their phones without using a PC.
You must follow the instructions, and your device will be rooted in one click.
What Does It Mean To Root Android Devices?
Rooting is an operation that, on performing, enables the users to gain all the user privileges.
Once you root your android device, you can customize the hardware by installing ROM.
Besides, rooting enhances battery performance and lets you remove unnecessary apps.
There are various tools through which you can root your phone. Rooting your android phone with a PC is the most common one.
How Is Rooting Different From Jailbreak?
People often use rooting and jailbreaking interchangeably. But there is a slight difference between the two.
To understand it better, you should know Android is an operating system. It is programmed on Linux Kernel.
iOS for Apple users is based on BSD, a Unix operating system. Thus, the securities parameters both Android and iOS have are quite different.
The users of Android devices are referred to as “root.” The security of an Android OS restricts its users from taking full control of the device.
As a result, the users end up with limited operational applications. So, to gain system administrator privileges, the rooting process is used. As for jailbreaking, iPhone users use this method.
But, iOS users can download the applications from official sources, from the App store.
The applications users can download on their Apple devices are approved and verified. This makes a big difference in gaining control of the device.
So, when Apple users download applications from third-party sources, it’s jailbreaking. In short, jailbreaking removes limited restrictions.
Whereas rooting gives you full control and removes all the restrictions.
Remember that one of the disadvantages of rooting is the lack of official updates. Meanwhile, jailbreaking your phone will void the warranty.
Reasons To Root An Android Phone
Rooting an android phone is popular among people who want complete control of their devices. There are many advantages of rooting.
It is an effective process that helps you use all the features of an android device on a deeper level.
So, if you like to have all the control of your device without any kind of restrictions, then you should try it out. Ahead are some of the reasons why you need to root an android phone:
You Can Remove Unwanted Software or Apps
Your new phone comes with lots of pre-installed applications. You can’t do that when you try to uninstall some unnecessary pre-installed apps.
Once you gain root access, you can easily uninstall this software or apps.
You Can Use Special Applications
Some of the applications are not compatible with most of the devices. Your device can be one of them.
So, if you want to run a special application, all you need to do is root your android phone.
Enhanced Battery Performance
Rooting your android phone helps you flush out the stock apps and bloatware. As a result, it reduces battery consumption, enhancing its performance.
Helps In Ad Blocking
After rooting your phone, you can use adblocker APKs without any interruption.
Install Any Android OS Version
Using the older version on your Android device is not easy when a new updated version is available. You may need help from third-party applications.
But, once you root an android phone, you can install any version of Android. Also, you get to use the new Android version before other people.
You Can Modify The Hardware
Some of the phones offer excellent performance but lack in the hardware department. By rooting your android phone, you can use custom ROMS.
Doing so can help you customize your phone according to your needs.
Solutions To Root Android Phone Without PC
- Use KingRoot App
- Install Baidu Root APK
- One-Click Framaroot App
- Download KingoRoot APK
- Use One-Click Root App
- Gain Root Access Using TowelRoot App
- iRoot App- For Samsung, HTC, Sony & Google Users
- Perform Rooting Operation With RootMaster
- Download Universal Android Root
- Download WeakSauce
If you want a smooth functioning of the rooting process, then you should try KingRoot.
It is an app created by KingRoot that lets you root your android phone. This app functions on devices that use Android 2.2 or above versions.
If you have this app, then you won’t need a PC to root your phone. So to gain root access to your phone, follow these steps:
- Download the APK file of KingRoot. Do not forget to grant the necessary permission to download the apps from other sources.
- After the installation process is done, launch the app. You will get the details about your phone’s root status.
- You will see a blue button at the bottom which says “Try To Root.” Tap on it.
- Once you tap on the blue button, the rooting process will start. The progress will be shown on the screen.
- After completing the process, a green tick will appear on the screen. It indicates that your device is successfully rooted.
Reboot your phone and check whether you have root access to your android device or not.
Baidu root app works best when you want to root your android device without using a PC. It is compatible with around 6000 Android models.
Since it is not available on the Play Store, you will need to download it from external sources.
To do that, you will have to enable permission by performing these steps on Android 8 or above:
- Go to the Settings.
- Select Security & Privacy. From there, navigate to More Settings.
- Tap on Install Apps From External Sources. Also, do not forget to tap on the browser you will use to download the APK file.
Samsung users can:
- Navigate to Settings and open Biometrics & Security.
- Now tap on Install Unknown Apps.
- Select the browser you will use to install the APK file.
- Toggle on the button “Allow app installs.”
To root your device without using a PC through Baidu Root, perform these steps:
- Ensure your device’s battery is above 50% and you have a stable internet connection. For uninterrupted performance, use Wifi instead of mobile data.
- Download the Baidu root app and after the installation is complete, launch it on your phone.
- An Agreement may appear on the screen to use the app. Click on I Agree, or I Accept.
- Now select the Get Root option, which may appear as a blue button on the center of the screen.
After the process finishes, the app will notify you. Restart your phone to enjoy the root access without any problem.
One of the most effective tools to root your device without a computer is the Framaroot app. It is popular because of its one-click rooting process.
Most of the rooting applications help you to root your device. Framaroot can also unroot the rooted device.
So, to use this app, you need to:
- Download Framaroot APK via unknown sources as it is unavailable on Googe Play Store.
- After the file is downloaded, you need to locate it. Go to the file manager and open the directory in which you have saved the APK file.
- Once you find the file, tap on it.
- To install the app on your phone, select the Install button.
- After the installation, tap on Open to run the app on your phone.
- To execute the root, you may see “Select an exploit in the list above to root your device potentially.” To do so, you will need to select the option of Install Supersu from the drop-down list.
In the Exploit result popup, a confirmation message will reflect. Once you get the success message, the rooting process is completed.
You can now reboot your device for effective performance.
Do not confuse this app with KingRoot. Kingo Root is another application to root your android device. You only need a few clicks to start the rooting process.
The application is also lightweight, so it doesn’t consume a lot of space.
It supports a speedy rooting process and allows you to use a PC if something goes wrong.
To use the KingoRoot app for rooting your device, follow these instructions:
- Ensure that your device’s battery is 50% and has a stable internet connection.
- Allow permission to download the app from unknown sources from your phone’s settings.
- After you have installed the app, open it and click on the One Click Root option.
- You can check the rotting process status on the screen.
After the process gets completed, you will get a notification. Reboot your phone to gain root access privileges.
Another app that helps you root your device just with a single click is one-click root. It is a hassle-free application that saves much of your time executing the rooting process.
Users who are not much into technology find this app useful and convenient.
Besides, you can seek help through the live chat support option if you encounter any trouble.
This option is available in the app that connects you directly to the support team.
A few perks of using this application are that you do not need to be tech-savvy; it can root any type of android phone.
Also, to use it, you need not pay any additional charge. And not using a PC to use this tool is a given.
So, to root an android device with a one-click root, follow the steps given below:
- First, you must enable the permissions to install applications from unknown sources.
- After that, download the One Click Root APK file.
- Locate and install the APK file on your android smartphone.
- After the installation is complete, launch the application.
- Now select Root Device.
- If the ads pop up while using this application, tap on skip.
- Select the Scan Now option to know whether or not your device is fit for rooting.
- Wait for the inspection to complete. If your device is rootable, select the Root option.
- After the competition of the rooting process, your device will restart on its own. If it doesn’t, then restart it yourself.
Performing the above instructions will give you complete control of your device.
You need to install the rooting app to unlock the full permission on your Android device. One of the major drawbacks of doing this is that once installed; you can’t uninstall these apps.
With Towelroot, you do not face any problems related to the space of your phone.
It is lightweight and easy to use. TowelRoot app is free, and you can use it on any android phone.
Besides, if the app doesn’t work, you can head to their website and root your device.
One downside of this app is that it doesn’t support HTC or Samsung devices. So, to root your phone without using a PC with TowelRoot, follow these instructions:
- Download the TowelRoot APK on your android phone. Afterward, locate the APK file and install it.
- Once the installation completes, launch the TowelRoot app.
- Tap On Make It Rain.
- Now head to the Play store and install the SuperSu app.
The rooting process will start on its own. Wait for the process to finish.
Most Of the tools and applications in the list are not compatible with all branded models. iRoot app is compatible with HTC, Sony, Samsung, and Google devices.
Also, the app offers a user-friendly interface that is quite easy to use. To root an android device using the iRoot APK app, follow these steps:
- Download the app’s APK file and locate it to install it on your phone.
- Ensure your device is 50% charged and has a stable internet connection.
- Launch the app and press the Root option.
- Wait till the process finishes.
After the completion of the rooting operation, reboot your device.
Another app that supports a fast rooting process is RootMaster. It is compatible with software such as Cupcake 1.5 to Lollipop.
So, if you use even the oldest android phone, this app will get the job done in no time.
Besides, it is also a one-click app that doesn’t demand you to follow so many instructions.
It is convenient for users to root the device for the first time. RootMaster offers you a simplified interface.
You can root an android device without a PC with RootMaster by following these steps:
- Download the RootMaster APK file on your phone.
- Locate the downloaded file and install it on your device.
- Run the RootMaster app and tap on the button “Tap to Root.”
- While the process of rooting is happening, your device may reboot several times. Wait for the whole process to complete without panicking as it is extensive.
After the process is complete, the device will reboot on its own. When your phone switches on, you can use it without worries as it is now rooted.
Universal Android root works best to root the highest number of Android models. You name the Android model, and it can root it.
It is designed in such a way that it’s compatible with all the android models and their versions.
So, if you are in your head related to whether or not other apps support your device, you can pick this one. Besides, like FramaRoot, it also has an inbuilt option to unroot the phone later.
To root your device using Universal Android Root app, follow these steps:
- Download the APK file of Universal Android Root APK.
- Now locate the APK file and install it on your android phone.
- Open Play Store and install SuperSU on your android smartphone when prompted.
- You will be navigated to a page that asks you to choose the Android firmware from the dropdown list.
- Select SuperSU from the list.
- You can only choose an option to root your device temporarily or long-term. For a temporary option, make sure to check the box. For the long term, leave the box unchecked.
- Select Root Your Device.
Once your device gets rooted, a message will reflect on the screen informing you the same. After that, reboot your android smartphone. Once it restarts, you can have root access to your device.
WeakSauce is one of the best one-click root apps. But, its only downside is that it only works with HTC devices. Also, users who do not want to root their devices permanently can use this application.
To unroot your device, you must restart your phone and lose root access. So, to root your HTC device using WeakSauce, follow these steps:
- Download the APK file of WeakSauce on your device from other sources.
- Install the file on your device to launch the app.
- After you open the app, an agreement related to terms and conditions will appear. Tap on Yes to agree and continue.
- Open Play Store ad installs SuperSU from there.
This is all you have to do. You can restart your phone after the process is completed.
Now you know plenty of ways to root an android phone without a PC. You can gain access to all those developer options.
Even the installation of apps will be a piece of cake. Some apps are fast, while some are lightweight and consume little space.
So, select the one which is the most suitable for your device and start the rooting process.
Know that these apps are not available officially on Google Play Store. You will have to download their APK files from other unknown sources. So, android users should practice caution.
Apart from downloading the applications from other sources, these are quite reliable. All the given solutions in this blog are for situations when you can’t use a computer to root a device.