Is your ROG Gaming center not opening, either? You’re not the only one. This problem has become quite common in recent years. Since the latest updates, you could run into these issues.
After all, ROG Gaming Center is just a utility application. But it also means that the problem can be solved. With us, you can find solutions for everything. With that being said, let’s learn everything about the error.
This guide will show you how to solve the issue, its reasons, and other common problems. It is going to be a worthwhile read for you. So, let’s begin:
Reason For ROG Game Center Not Working On Windows PC
Republic Of Gamer (ROG) is a subdivision of ASUS dedicated to performance. They enhance the performance of laptops, PCs, and even mobile phones. They aim to bring you the best gaming and performance experience.
Their ROG Gaming Center is dedicated to offering you the best utility tools. It helps you customize your gaming profile, enhance your PC’s performance, and more. Think of it like the Game Mode you see commonly used in smartphones nowadays.
And just like any other application software, it is prone to error and problems. One of the most annoying ones is the ROG Gaming Center Not Opening. And there can be many reasons for it.
The common ones are these four:
1. Problem With The Drivers
The Gaming Center controls various gaming-related devices for the system. It can impact the CPU Fan, wireless control, peripherals, display adapters, and more.
So, you need to ensure that these drivers are up to date. Otherwise, you can easily run into the issue.
Drivers are important for the hardware devices to work with the software. If there’s an issue with the drivers, you will encounter some problems sooner or later.
2. Possible Mishap With The Installer
The improper download or installation can lead to many compatibility issues. It could easily be a storage issue. You can run into the issue if you don’t have apt storage or uninterrupted installation.
Regardless of how often you click that icon on the desktop, it just won’t work. So, you might have to conduct another installation.
3. The Need For Admin Permission
Sometimes, various functions could need extra permissions. As you know, the tool controls your mouse and other devices. So, it is quite normal for it to want to have Admin permission. It is a maintenance tool and would need zero restrictions.
Like, to control fan speed or anything else. So, you will have to give it that permission. Otherwise, your ROG might not even open. Even if it opens, it might not work optimally.
4. Microsoft Defender Or Antivirus Interference
Many third-party apps could interfere with the Gaming Center. But, the defender or antivirus could be the direct interference. After all, they have permission to do a lot of things.
They could have mistaken the ROG Gaming Center for a foreign object. Or something that is threatening your system. As a result, it could have been blocked or put into quarantine.
So, you might want to check that department.
How To Fix ROG Gaming Center Not Opening?
- Use Administrator Permissions For ROG Gaming Center
- Update ROG Gaming Center Software
- Update Driver For Graphics Card
- Reinstall The Graphics Drivers
- Reinstall ROG Gaming Center
- Add ROG As Exception For Windows Defender
- Disable Or Uninstall Your Antivirus Software
- Update Your Windows
1. Use Administrator Permissions For ROG Gaming Center
As mentioned, granting ROG game center Admin permission can solve the problem. Before you try any other solution, make sure to give it a go:
- First, locate the shortcut icon on your desktop for ROG Game Center. If you can’t find it, go to the Start Menu’s Search Bar and type the name.
- Right-click on the Shortcut and select the ‘ Open File Location ‘ option. This will lead you directly to the folder.
- The location would be C Drive > Program Files (x86) > ROG Gaming Center. The drive name may vary according to wherever you installed the OS.
- Once the folder opens, find the ‘Main Executable’ in the list. You can use the top-right search bar.
- Use the context menu if you have to—Right-click on the option and open Properties.
- In there, change the folders and go to the Compatibility tab.
- You will find ‘Run this program as an administrator among the options. Check the box next to it.
- Next, click Apply and then OK. After that, you can try to relaunch ROG Gaming Center.
- See if this solves the issue and if the ROG Game Center opens or works now.
2. Update ROG Gaming Center Software
Often, the problem could be the updates. If you have an outdated ROG Gaming Center, it could interfere with performance. There could be bugs you didn’t know about.
Did your Microsoft Windows update recently? The ROG problem is quite common in Windows 11. So, you might want to ensure you have the latest version.
- Don’t use the software tool’s in-built commands to install the update.
- Visit the official ASUS website for a download.
- You can search for exactly what you’re looking for.
- Make sure to download the latest version of ROG Gaming Center.
- Then use the Control Panel and go to Program Files. From there, you can Uninstall ROG Game Center.
- You could also go to the folder to do it.
- Once you uninstall it, use the latest installer that you have downloaded.
- Make sure that you have enough space.
- Wait patiently, without any interference, to download the software.
- Launch and see if it works or not.
3. Update Driver For Graphics Card, And Other Devices
One of the leading reasons for ROG not working is driver issues. As you know, it controls various components on your PC. It also controls peripheral devices, a keyboard, a mouse, and more.
So, you must ensure that you have up-to-date and most compatible drivers. For that, you might have to do the following:
- First, go to the Start Menu and search for ‘ Device Manager. ‘
- Select one of the Driver Categories, let’s say, Display Drivers.
- Expand it and then right-click on the respective driver.
- Go to Properties and then the Drivers Tab.
- You will find various controls for the driver there.
- There is an option to Update the drive, but you also have an option to Roll Back. You can disable the driver or uninstall it.
- Check for the driver updates and let the PC automatically search and install.
- You can visit the respective manufacturer’s site if you don’t find any driver. For example, visit HP’s official driver website if you have an HP Mouse. Then search for the Mouse Drive and Install it.
- Repeat the process for all the respective drivers
- Check Display Adapters, Mice and Keyboard. Make sure also to check Sound and Audio-related drivers.
- Once you do so, restart your PC. See if this solves the issue.
- If not, you can roll back your drivers.
4. Reinstall The Graphics Drivers
You could also try reinstalling the driver. It follows the same process as the one for Updating Drivers.
- Instead of the ‘ Update’ driver option, select the Uninstall option. This will remove the driver from your list.
- Remember that this could cause issues if you don’t have a backup driver to install.
- Either way, go ahead and restart your PC. It will automatically download the drivers for your Keyboard, Mouse, and other devices.
- You can also visit the official website, just like the last option. Then you can download the latest Drivers. See if that helps you solve the problem.
5. Reinstall ROG Gaming Center
As mentioned earlier, it is quite common for Installation not to be up to the mark. The installation could be corrupted if you had a problem or some interruptions.
There could also be issues with storage or the latest update. So, it is better to have a clean reinstallation. Follow these steps:
- First, press the Windows Key again.
- Find the Apps And Feature option and open it.
- Next, find the ROG Gaming Center.
- If you find it, click on it and select Uninstall Button.
- If you don’t find it there, use Windows Key again. Search for the Control Panel.
- Go to the good old Add or Remove Program. There, see if you find ROG Gaming Center.
- You can go ahead and remove it from there.
- All you need to do is follow the on-screen instructions.
- After that, restart your PC. Now go ahead and check your Program Files and other Directories. See if all the files and folders are gone.
- If so, make sure also to uninstall the drivers related to it.
- After that, you can download ROG Gaming Center from the official website. Make sure that it is the latest version.
- Then reinstall all the drivers related to it.
- See if this solves the issue.
6. Add ROG As Exception For Windows Defender
Your Windows Defender is the only security tool that you need. If you use it, you don’t have to worry about it too much. But, if it blocks the ROG Game Center, you will need to get some things done.
So, to fix that, follow these options:
- Go to the Search Bar in your Taskbar. You could also press Windows Key.
- Type: Virus And Threat Protection. Once the result appears, click on it to open it.
- Next, Under the Virus & Threat Protection Settings, select Manage Settings.
- Find the option to Add or Remove Exclusions.
- Next, go to the Exclusion tab and click on Add an Exclusion option.
- Make sure to navigate to the installation folder (directory) of ROG Gaming Center.
- From there, go ahead and add it to the exceptions.
7. Disable Or Uninstall Your Antivirus Software
As mentioned, if you use a third-party antivirus, you should uninstall it because Windows Defender is self-sufficient. From a free security tool’s league, it is the best security you could ask for.
But, if you have a paid security, like Avast, you might not want to uninstall the tool. Instead, you can use their specific guides to put the program (ROG Game Center) in exceptions.
If not, then you can go ahead and Disable your Antivirus. Don’t disable it forever; just do it whenever you use the ROG Gaming Center. This will enable you to run the tool while also maintaining security.
You could also run a quick scan after each re-enabling if you are dedicated to security.
Now, we will not provide instructions on adding ROG to the exception or disabling your antivirus. That’s because each Antivirus Software has its user interface and individual instructions.
If we cover them all, you will be stuck here forever. So, refer to your antivirus guide for that.
8. Update Your Windows
Updating your operating system is one of the best things you can do for your PC. That is, for as long as other service providers can keep up.
It will solve most of your bugs, glitches, errors, and issues. In rare cases, it could also pose a problem. For instance, it could make previous apps or tools incompatible.
In the second case, you should uninstall and roll back the updates if the tool is essential for you. Otherwise, it would help if you always kept them updated.
How to update the windows OS? Follow these steps:
- Go ahead and open Settings for your ASUS Windows PC. For that, right-click the Windows Icon in the bottom-left corner of your screen.
- Select Settings from the list.
- Next, find the Update & Security option. Once you do, go to the Windows Update tab.
- There, you will have an option to check for updates. See if it works.
- If there are the latest updates, click ‘Install Now.’
- If there aren’t any updates, you have the latest version.
- Now, go ahead and see if you have fixed the ROG issue.
- If not, then you can always roll back updates. It is in the same Update & Security section in the Recovery.
- You will find an option to restore to the previous version.
Last Resort – Contact The Official Support For Asus Gaming Center
Did none of the solutions work? Then it is time for you to bring the big guns. Your last resort is to contact the official ASUS service provider.
They could perhaps help you get all the answers and better solutions.
Sometimes, the problem could be in the hardware or some component. So, visiting the service center will get the job done.
Other Similar Issues To ROG Game Center Not Opening
There are a few other ROG-related problems for ASUS Windows PC or Laptop users. So, we have simplified them and listed them below. They don’t have a vast range of solutions.
We just decided to provide you with the tips. Because each one of these problems could be related to ROG Game Center not opening or working.
So, you could solve them with any of the above-given solutions:
1. ROG Gaming Center Fan Control Not Working
For this issue, you might have to install the latest drivers for the fan. You could also download the ASUS Keyboard Hotkeys tool and software. It could help you fix the issues and control the fan speed better.
2. ASUS Keyboard Hotkeys Not Working
Try using MY ASUS to see if that fixes the issue. If not, then update the driver. It is the keyboard driver that you might have to update. If none of that works, reinstall the drivers.
3. ROG Button Isn’t Working (G14)
The problem is with the execution. It could be related to Antivirus or Windows Defender. So, use the solutions which will enable ROG through them. If not that, then you can try giving the Admin permission. That should fix the issue.
4. ROG Gaming Center Turbo Gear Not Working
Increase the value of the memory clock and core clock in your settings. See if that fixes the issue.
If not, then check for the latest updates. Often, the problem starts with new updates.
5. ROG Game Center Doesn’t Display Temperature
In such cases, the best option is to reinstall the ROG Game Center. You could also try updating. If none of those work, roll back your system to see if that helps you.
6. Third-Party Interference For ASUS ROG Game Center
The only way to fix this is by prioritizing ASUS ROG Game Center or uninstalling the apps.
You can try singling out the apps by closing and using one of them at a time. That will allow you to find the problematic one.
Conclusion- ASUS ROG Gaming Center Not Opening
Now you can go ahead and fix the ROG Game first. Now you know how to visit the ROG Gaming Center installation folder to fix it from the general tab. You will know what to do if you ever run into any problem.
ROG Gaming Center is a must-have tool for ASUS Computers. It enhances the gaming experience and performance. It shouldn’t be a problem if you have the latest hardware.
This reminds us always to ensure we don’t have an outdated system. Otherwise, your game center won’t work. With that being said, go ahead and have fun. Play to your heart’s content!
How Do I Open Or Access ROG Gaming Center?
You will find the shortcut Icon right on the Desktop. If you can’t find it there, it will be in your Taskbar. You can also find the shortcut in the Installation Folder for the Gaming Center. You can launch them from any of these places.
Why Doesn’t The ROG Gaming Center Open?
The issue could be the updates or the need to roll back your system. Often, it could be a driver issue. But before you try anything, try to update your Gaming Center. Try to reinstall it. Clean reinstallation is one of the best ways to fix the issue.
Are ROG And ASUS The Same Company?
Republic Of Gamer (ROG) is a subsidiary of ASUS, designed for gaming and performance. While it is part of the ASUS company, it is focused primarily on gaming.
Does Windows Support ROG Gaming Center?
There shouldn’t be any problem with ROG Gaming Center support. As long as you have an ASUS PC or Laptop, you won’t run into any kind of problem. If you do run into any type of problem, make sure to ask customer support.