We will discuss the 12 Best Ways To Solve The Problem Of Roblox Lagging in PC Roblox is an online gaming platform for kids where kids can play as well as make games for others to play. Since the games on Roblox do not have high-end graphics, an entry-level PC can run the games smoothly.
However, several PC users have reported Roblox lagging issues in spite of having a high-end computer.
There are several reasons why Roblox can lag on your PC. There are also several types of lags you may face when operating on Roblox. In this article, we have stated the different Roblox lagging types along with the possible reasons.
Most importantly, you can find all the different solutions to fix Roblox lagging issues on your PC.
What Is the Roblox Lagging Issue?
A lag refers to that experience when a system starts to operate slowly and stutteringly. If Roblox is responding slowly to your clicks and graphics are loading stutteringly, you are facing Roblox lagging issue. Sometimes, the in-game content and movements can go out-of-sync when you face Roblox lagging issues.
In fact, Roblox games can start to operate at a low framerate. In extreme lag conditions, the screen may freeze and become unresponsive. Naturally, Roblox lagging is the worst user experience for gamers active on the platform.
What Are The Different Types Of Lag?
There are different types of lag Roblox users can face. Each type has a specific reason why such a lag is occurring on their PCs.
Ping Lag – When a player has a high ping on Roblox, this means he has a slow internet connection. When there is a slow internet connection, there will be a delay in gaming actions. The higher the ping, the laggier Roblox gets.
Block Lag – When there are too many graphical elements in a single block, Roblox tends to get laggy. This is because your PC has to process a high amount of graphics to produce the output. Naturally, the frame per second of the game gets lowered.
Entry Lag – When a player joins a server, he can face lag for some time. Such a lag disappears with time. But if the player has saved data that gets uploaded in the game, the lag could be significant and long-lasting. Moreover, when multiple players join a server at the same time, the entry lag is a common phenomenon.
Network Lag – This type of lag is extremely common when the internet speed is slow and even unstable. Roblox can take more than usual time to complete an action. The graphics can render slowly and stutteringly in Roblox games.
Graphics Lag – If you do not have an external graphics card and you are working with the integrated graphics card, Roblox can lag. In fact, if there is a high graphics demanding application running on your PC, you can face lag on Roblox. Even when the graphics quality is set high on Roblox, you can face graphics lag on Roblox.
System Lag – Roblox can lag when your system starts to lag due to multiple applications running in the background. Even when you have a low-end PC, due to lack of system performance, you may face lagging issues on Roblox.
Chat Lag – This type of lag is common on Roblox where too many people are typing at the same time or bots are continuously spamming the chatbox.
Reasons Behind Roblox Lag Issues
We have already stated the reasons in bits and pieces why Roblox can lag on PC. Let us summarize the reasons before moving on to their solutions.
- Slow or unstable internet speed.
- Too many applications running in the background.
- High graphics settings on Roblox.
- Lack of an external graphics card.
- Technical issue in router or DNS server.
- Network driver issue.
- Corrupted temp files.
- Low-end computer.
- Outdated Roblox version.
How To Fix Lagging on Roblox?
If you are facing a Roblox lag issue, here are the possible solutions you should try out to fix the problem.
- Restart Your PC
- Close Third-Party Applications
- Change Graphics Settings
- Remove Roblox Textures Files
- Check Network Connection
- Improve Internet Speed
- Change Your DNS
- Update Your Network Driver
- Delete Temp Files
- Run in Windowed Mode
- Reinstall Roblox When Roblox Glitching
- Improving Your Computer Specs
1. Restart Your PC
Sometimes, your CPU and GPU resources may run into errors internally. That is when your graphics or network driver starts to malfunction. This leads to Roblox lagging in its performance. All you need to do is restart your computer so that the resources can get completely free of load. Even the drivers can reload to fix any malfunctioning issue. Here are the steps to follow.
- Click on the Start menu button on the Taskbar.
- Click on the Power button and select the Restart option.
Once your computer restarts, without opening any application, open Roblox. See if the lagging issue is solved.
2. Close Third-Party Applications
When there are too many applications running in the background, system resources are consumed in excess. Naturally, the resources required to run Roblox smoothly are not readily available. Therefore, you need to free up your system resources by closing the applications running in the background. Here are the steps to follow.
- Press Windows+X keys and from the menu, select Task Manager.
- When Task Manager opens, under Processes tab, you will find all the currently running applications under Apps heading.
- Select the apps one by one that you want to close and click on End Task. Ideally, you should close all apps except Roblox.
- You can restart Roblox and see if the lagging issue is gone.
3. Change Graphics Settings
Roblox is a rather lightweight gaming platform. However, if you have a low-end computer, Roblox can put pressure on your computer. On top of that, if graphics quality is set to very high, your system can struggle to perform. That is why when Roblox starts to lag, you should lower graphics quality. Here are the steps to follow.
- If you are playing a game and facing lag, press Esc key.
- From the options, click on Settings.
- Scroll down and go to Graphics Mode. Change it to Manual.
- Go to Graphics Quality and lower it down.
Close Settings and resume playing the game to check if the lag still persists.
4. Remove Roblox Textures
Many users have reported that when they removed textures, the lag on Roblox has vanished. This is because rendering the textures put pressure on the CPU and GPU. When you remove textures, the graphics in Roblox games can become dull and unappealing. Here are the steps to follow.
- Press Windows+R keys together and type %appdata% and press Enter key.
- When File Explorer opens, click on AppData on the address bar.
- Go to Local> Roblox> Versions and click on the latest version folder.
- Go to PlatformContent> PC> Textures.
- Select all folders except Studs and WangIndex folders.
- Press Del key to delete the selected folders.
- Go to Recycle Bin and delete all the files and folders.
5. Check Network Connection
The most common reason for Roblox lag is the network connection. Generally, when the internet speed is low, Roblox starts to lag. Even your keyboard strokes take time to respond in the game. You should test the internet speed from fast.com. If the speed is low than usual, you can restart your Wi-Fi router.
In fact, you can also unplug your router and plug it back in after some time. This will refresh the link between the router and ISP and the speed of your internet can be great again. However, if the problem persists, you can contact your IPS as well as go for a wired connection instead of a wireless connection.
6. Improve Internet Speed
Unless you have a high-speed internet connection, you will face lag in Roblox as well as any online game you play. Therefore, you have to ensure you purchase a high-speed internet connection plan.
We have already stated that a wired connection can improve internet speed. This is because the speed of a wireless connection can be reduced by different obstacles in the path.
Even when you are using a Wi-Fi router, make sure you are in close vicinity of the router while playing games on Roblox. In fact, you can consider upgrading your router if your internet speed is not as good as your ISP is providing.
A powerful router ensures better speed and is close to the speed your ISP is offering. Moreover, while playing on Roblox, you should close all applications that are consuming internet data.
7. Change Your DNS
If your default DNS server has any technical issue, you can have an unstable internet connection. That is why you can switch your DNS server to other servers such as Google DNS. Here are the steps to follow.
- Click on the Start menu button and search for “View Network Connections” and open it.
- Right-click on your network and select the Properties option.
- Double-click on Internet Protocol Version 4.
- Enable “Use The Following DNS” option and change them to the following Google DNS.
- Preferred DNS Server: 126.96.36.199 and Alternate DNS Server: 188.8.131.52
- Finally, click on OK button. Open Roblox and check if you experience lag anymore.
8. Update Your Network Driver
If after trying out all the possible solutions, your internet connection is not stable, you can update your network driver. Sometimes, when the network driver is not updated, your internet connection could underperform. Here are the steps to update your network driver.
- Click on Start menu button and type Device Manager.
- Open Device Manager and go to Network Adapters.
- From the list, right-click on your Network Device.
- Click on Update driver. Wait your system to look for the latest driver. If any latest driver is available, it will get updated automatically.
Restart your computer and open Roblox to check for the lag issue.
9. Delete Temp Files
Temporary files on your computer are generally useful to load a program faster as well as run it smoothly. However, there are times when they can get damaged or corrupted. That is when they can bring down the performance of the entire system and thereby, make Roblox lag. Here are the steps to clear temp files from your system.
- Press Windows+R to launch Run dialog box.
- Type %temp% and press Enter key. This will open the folder where temporary files are available.
- Select all the files in the folder and press Del key to delete them.
- Restart your system and launch Roblox to see if you still experience lag.
10. Run in Windowed Mode
Sometimes, when you play Roblox games in fullscreen mode, the system gets laggy in processing and rendering the graphics. Hence, you should run the games in Windowed Mode once to find out if it is really the issue.
Generally, when you run games in windowed mode, the graphics card needs to render fewer pixels. Naturally, the performance could be smooth and fast. Here are the steps to follow.
- While you are playing a game, press Esc key.
- From the top, click on Settings option.
- Scroll down and locate Fullscreen option. Disable it and the game will automatically get into Windowed mode.
11. Reinstall Roblox When Roblox Glitching
There are times when the issue is with Roblox itself leading to glitches in the software. Some internal files have got corrupted or damaged and some settings may have been messed up.
This could be due to your Roblox version being outdated. That is why it is better to uninstall Roblox and reinstall the latest version of Roblox. Here are the steps to follow.
- Click on Start menu button and search for Control Panel. Open Control Panel and thereafter, open Programs and Features.
- From the installed applications, select Roblox and click on Uninstall button.
- Restart your computer and go to Roblox official website.
- Download and install the latest version of Roblox. You can also do it from Microsoft Store.
- Start the game that was previously lagging and check if the lag is there or not.
12. Improving Your Computer Specs
If none of the above solutions are working out for you, you can assume that the problem is with your system. The system configuration is not up to the mark to run Roblox smoothly. You must already know if your computer has a low-end hardware configuration. If that is the case, you have to consider upgrading your computer’s hardware.
You have to purchase a compatible external graphics card so that the high graphics should not be an issue. Similarly, the latest budget processor with sizeable RAM should be a good solution. But ideally, you should have a high-end gaming computer to run any gaming platform smoothly.
Roblox’s lagging issue is rather common among several Roblox users. The common reason is an unstable internet connection. Another common reason is low-end computer specifications.
We have provided all the possible solutions to fix the Roblox lag issue. If nothing works, you have to upgrade your computer hardware specifications.
How Do I Get Rid Of Lag On Roblox?
Ensure you have a high-speed internet plan. Lower graphics quality and close all the background applications while running Roblox. Lastly, go for a wired internet connection and reinstall the latest version of Roblox.
How To Stop Lagging On Roblox Mobile?
Instead of mobile internet data, go for a Wi-Fi internet connection. Reboot your smartphone and launch Roblox. Lower graphics quality and make sure no security app is hampering the performance.
How To Ensure Less Lag On A Low-End PC?
Lower graphics quality as much as possible. Delete texture files of Roblox. Close all background applications. Delete temp files and run Roblox in Windowed Mode.