You could use the keys behind your TV to reset Vizio TV without a remote. The buttons are often situated on the bottom right-hand side of your smartphone. They might be nearer to the panel on some versions, though.
Do not worry if the Reset doesn’t work the first time. Occasionally, you might have to try the procedure numerous times before it takes effect.
When your smartphone displays the message “Memory is being cleaned,” you will know you’ve been successful. The display will soon reset. Once this warning appears, you should be able to do a reset to return your gadget to its default settings and resolve the problem you are having within a few minutes.
When Should You Reset Your TV?
Resetting your Vizio TV should always be your first line of defense in getting it back to normal. If: You ought to think about conducting a reset.
- There is silence on your TV.
- Your TV stutters or jerks
- A blank screen is seen on your TV.
- Your TV won’t respond to your commands.
- Your TV randomly goes on and off.
- You cannot remember your device’s WiFi/internet service password.
- Applications for TV abruptly crash.
- The TV won’t turn on even after repeatedly pressing the power button.
Resetting VIZIO TV Without Remote
Probably one of the best new Television companies on the market is VIZIO. Additionally, just like with all other TVs, there are occasions when a factory reset of the TV is necessary to resolve a problem.
If you have your VIZIO TV remote, you can reset the device. But what if you don’t?
You can quickly reset the VIZIO Television without even a remote by following the instructions in this article.
So with that said, let’s get to the specifics.
Soft Resetting the VIZIO TV Without Remote
You can soft reset your Television to get it straight back to work without resetting the entire set if it becomes stuck while it is on.
The accessible settings for soft-resetting your Television are as follows:
- Your TV will automatically activate after you release the power outlet after around 30 seconds of it hanging.
Hard Resetting the VIZIO TV Without Remote
If your TV keeps hanging and lagging, try resetting it to erase all user data. Soft Reset is only effective for fixing hanging-related problems.
To hard Reset your VIZIO TV, follow these steps:
- The Television needs to be turned on first.
- Wait for a couple of minutes before proceeding with the procedure.
- For around 10 seconds, press the Input & Volume Down buttons simultaneously.
- Hold the Input button while releasing the Volume Down key when a banner appears on the screen.
- Congrats! Your VIZIO TV has now been successfully reset.
Vizio TV Reset Without Remote Not Solving Issue
Some of the most incredible low-cost smart TVs available are made by Vizio. Vizio Televisions are not perfect, though. They occasionally have faults, much like many other inexpensive intelligent TVs.
How to Reset Vizio TV Without Using the Volume and Input Buttons
It won’t be feasible to reset your Vizio TV using the abovementioned approach if it lacks input and volume buttons. However, you can try a few solutions.
- Use the Vizio SmartCast Mobile App
- Use an Alternative Remote Control App
- Use a Universal Remote
1. Use the Vizio SmartCast Mobile App
You may be able to use your smartphone as a remote control with specific Vizio TV models. Download the Vizio SmartCast app from the AppStore or Google Play to reset your Vizio TV remotely using your smartphone.
After installing the Vizio smart cast mobile app, create an account, and look for your TV among nearby devices. To connect your smartphones with your TV, you must enter a four-digit code that will display on your TV if it is supported.
To link your phone and TV, enter the number on your smartphone. When your TV and phone are connected, reset your TV by following these instructions:
- Select System under the options option. Click for Reset and or Admin under System and click on it.
- Reset TV with Factory Defaults can be found by scrolling down and selecting it.
- If prompted, enter a PIN to start the procedure. The PIN, by default, is 0000.
- Select OK. The process will take some seconds to finish on your TV. Throughout the process, it might restart a few times, so try to be willing to wait till it’s finished.
2. Use an Alternative Remote Control App
You may reset your TV using a smartphone and several remote control apps, in addition to the VIZIO SmartCast MobileTM app, which is compatible with Android and iOS.
This Mi Remote control software is a well-liked choice for Android that you might want to give a shot. To reset your Television using the app, complete these instructions while both your TV & smartphone are linked to the same network:
- Get the Play Store app for the Mi Remote Controller.
- By following the instructions on your TV, open the app and connect it to your Vizio TV.
- You should see a request to enter a four-digit number on your phone. Access it.
- Next, open the TV’s menu by clicking the digital icon on the app.
- After selecting System, seek Reset and or Admin and click on it.
- Select the Reset Television to Factory Defaults option if you can find it.
- If required, enter a PIN. To start the procedure, click OK.
- Watch for the process to be finished on your TV. Please do not interrupt the procedure until it is finished. It can take a few minutes and restart numerous times.
Overall, apps are a great backup choice if you can’t use the volume or input controls, but not all Vizio TV versions enable them. Fortunately, if your Vizio TV version does not support applications, you can still try the next repair.
3. Use a Universal Remote
If your TV lacks input and volume controls or apps do not function, think about purchasing a universal remote. You might be able to buy a universal remote straight from Vizio, depending on your location.
If you are unable to, you ought to be able to locate one in an online market. Just make sure the universal remote you buy works with your Vizio Television.
Although universal remotes don’t have all the original remote features, they can perform just as well.
In most cases, universal remotes need a remote key before they may operate your Vizio TV. On the Vizio website, you may get these remote control codes.
You must be able to reset your TV by using the same procedure you would use the original remote once you have entered the remote code enabling you to use your universal remote to operate your TV.
Use the universal remote to do the following procedures to factory reset your Television:
- Open the menu on your TV after turning it on.
- Select the System option if you can find it.
- When you reach the Reset Television to Factory Defaults option, select the Reset and/or Admin option.
- To reset the TV, hit OK and, if requested, provide a PIN. The default Passcode is 0000 if you’ve never had to reset it.
How to Factory Reset Vizio TV Without Remote
You could use keys behind your TV to reset a Vizio Television if you don’t have a remote. The buttons are often located on the bottom right side of your smartphone. They might be nearer to the panel on some versions, though.
To reset a Vizio Television without remote Control, locate the buttons and then follow these instructions:
- Activate the TV.
- For around 15 seconds, simultaneously press and hold the Volume Down button.
- Drop the Volume Lower button when instructed while maintaining pressure on the Input
- For about 10 seconds, keep pushing the Input button.
- The Vizio Television will turn off and restart after a while.
In rare circumstances, trying to reset a Vizio Television using these methods might be unsuccessful. Do not worry if the Reset doesn’t work the first time. Occasionally, you might have to try the procedure numerous times before it takes effect.
When your smartphone displays the message “Memory is being cleaned,” you will know you’ve been successful. The display will soon reset. The Reset will take a few minutes after this message appears to return your gadget to its factory default settings and resolve the problem you are now experiencing.
Why Must You Reset Your Vizio Smart TV
Like smartphones and other intelligent systems, resetting any equipment is a repair hack. It would be best if you did this to get your Vizio Smart Television working.
Following are a few justifications for when and why you should reset your Vizio Smart TV.
- If your Smart Television lags or freezes.
- If the speed of a Vizio Smart Television is too slow
- Your Vizio Smart Television displays or exhibits various colors on the screen in this situation.
- When the innovative features are not functioning properly
- Even after repeatedly pressing the power button and the TV remote control, the TV won’t turn on.
- If you want to get the intelligent TV back to how it was originally
- The sound-visual output on your smart TV isn’t functioning correctly.
- If you can’t access the smart TV’s home screen because you forgot the password.
- Before selling a Vizio Smart Television to someone else, you want to reset it. It helps remove all the personal data and stored information to prevent the new owner from viewing it.
- You can’t get WiFi to work for you.
- The applications on your brilliant TV set have stopped working.
If you are having trouble connecting to your Smart TV, please read our post on steps to take. Additionally, resetting a Vizio smart Television is a secure and efficient way to fix the abovementioned problems quickly.
Using The Television Buttons
Many consumers are unaware of how similar an intelligent tv is to a standard television. The manufacturers give customers buttons under or even on their Television sides.
You can operate your Television using the built-in buttons if you decide against using the remote control for some reason.
A Vizio smart tv has the following buttons.
- power button
- button for channel control
- Input switch buttons
These buttons are handy when you don’t have access to your television remote.
How Can I Use My iPhone As A Remote Control?
Control a different device using the iPad, iPod, or iPhone touch.
- Join the very same wi-fi network with all of your devices.
- Use the same Apple ID to log in to iCloud on both devices.
- Switch Control should be enabled on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch if it isn’t already.
- To browse the Switch Control menu, use your switch.
Use the abovementioned method to reset a Vizio Television without the remote if you experience any problems. A reset should typically resolve your issue.
However, do not worry when a reset somehow doesn’t resolve your issue. Contact the Vizio support staff and describe your case and all workarounds you’ve tried. They might be capable of walking you through different solutions you can try to eradicate your problem so you can resume uninterrupted viewing of your favorite TV programs.