Every day in our daily life, we open different websites which guide us to other websites like a chain. Sometimes we notice many pop-up ads on the screen, and we mostly avoid them but sometimes, mistakenly, we open them. Simply opening a pop-up advertisement could leave unwanted bugs on your device, which reduces its productivity and efficiency.
Here is How to Remove Soap2Day Virus:
- Uninstall scam apps from windows 10/8
- Delete for Windows 7 / Windows XP users
- Empty the recycle bin
- Delete for macOS
- Delete for Microsoft Edge
- Reset MS Edge
- Delete for Internet explorer
- Delete for Chromium-based edge
- Reset Chromium-based MS Edge
- Delete for Mozilla Firefox
- Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Delete from the Google Chrome extension
- Reset Google Chrome
- Delete Extensions from Safari
- Reset Safari
1. What is Soap2Day?
Soap2day virus is an internet site `released in 2018 by some unknown creators. The website gained enormous popularity during the coronavirus pandemic and currently has millions of registered and unregistered users.
This internet site is a media streaming platform, which offers users to watch the latest movies, tv shows, and web series online, illegally for free.
Yes! All the site activities are illegal and are known to have their content injected with miscellaneous and malicious advertisements. These advertisements direct you to sketchy websites waiting to infect your device with any virus.
Those websites not only spread viruses on your device but are also browser hijackers and adware.
Before we get deep into the article, the users need to know that Soap2today itself is not a virus, but that doesn’t mean that it’s safe either. The bugs in the website can cause serious damage to your device, be it a PC or laptop of android, windows, or iOS.
Well, is there any certain thing that harms your device?
Yes! The harm is done by the Potential Unwanted Programs (PUPs) that the website is pushing to its user‘s device.
Is there any way to prevent the PUPs from invading our devices?
You should get a VPN service if you are a fan of this platform or still choose to watch movies on this site. A good VPN service hides your online activities and keeps them private. But that is not the safest option! There are still many chances of putting your Windows security at risk.
Why is it so hard to stay away from Soap2day?
Not using Soap2day is probably the best way to keep yourself away from those malicious pop-up ads and viruses.
Given the fact that Soap2Day offers complete TV series, movies, and web series at absolutely zero charges that too in HD video quality, it racks up millions and millions of watchers from across the world.
How would you know if the virus has successfully invaded your device?
Without letting the user know, the website pushes malware into the devices, which affects and slows down the entire productivity and efficiency of the device and the overall browsing experience.
It slows down your browsing behavior and experience and also aims to modify your browser settings. At times it also directs the user to illegal websites or even phishing websites to extract the user’s personal information and data.
That is not their only purpose! They also monitor and track down the user’s search engine patterns, geolocation, and history and collect their IP address, personal information, current live location of the user, and other data useful to them for a phishing scheme.
They also share your personal information and data with third parties like websites or apps. At times they might even hack the Web camera of your computer or laptop.
Why does Soap2day stream unlimited HD quality content for free for the users?
If you’re new to the online streaming platform, there is something you should know. If they aren’t charging you for their services, it is something you should be worried about or look into!
- Many online platforms charge you to watch their content. Those platforms utilize the price you pay to those platforms to continue and update their license for streaming online.
- They also protect your account and keep your personal information and data secure from bugs. Thus, providing you with a malware-free environment.
However, regarding Soap2day, they offer free pirated content and do not have any license to stream such content online. This means they do not pay for any licenses. Their sole source of business is from the malicious websites which pay them to advertise their pop-up or ads on their website.
Hence, they offer unlimited, good quality, illegal content, not completely for free. But at the cost of the user’s details and web information.
- Sometimes, they fail to work when you’re watching something on the website, and you click on the play or pause button. Instead, the page redirects you to a new tab or a window that opens a completely different site that displays advertisements.
- Each time this happens, the owner or developer of Soap2day gets paid. This happens frequently; each time it happens, they get paid, and your personal information gets traded.
- The website also pops notifications, which trick people into subscribing or registering to useless and dangerous websites.
One of the most important reasons they collect your private information is that, according to your search engine history and patterns, the website will display more personalized ads, pop-ups, or links to third-party apps or websites you can’t help but click on.
They spread potentially dangerous programs that lock your PC or hijack your internet browsers and automatically perform shady tasks like creating intrusive calendar events.
In many countries, the use of this website is strictly illegal and is considered a serious crime. Hence, it is advised to avoid illegal streaming websites because all the activities done on those websites are against the law, and you might get into serious legal issues if caught.
2. Uninstall scam apps from windows 10/8
Suppose you have been tricked by misleading websites and installed ad-supported applications. In that case, you must uninstall them to prevent further damage to your device and personal information. Follow the steps below to remove them.
- Guide yourself to the “control panel“ of your device. (You can search for the control panel on the search box by clicking on the windows start icon.)
- After the control panel window opens, click on “uninstall a program” under the “program” tab.
- You will be presented with a list of the programs available on your computer.
- Now, look for any suspicious program.
- If you find any suspicious program, right-click on that application, and a drop-down list of options will appear.
- Click on uninstall
- If a dialogue box named “user account control“ appears, click on Yes.
- Now the application will be successfully uninstalled from the computer.
- Wait until the process is done. Once done, you will see a dialogue box stating that the process is completed. Then you can click on “okay.”
3. Delete for Windows 7 / Windows XP users
1. Click on the Windows start icon on the left side of the bottom panel
2. Click on the control panel
3. Once the control panel opens, search for the option “programs” and click on it. Then click on uninstall a program.
(If you are a Windows XP user, then click on “add or remove programs.”)
4. A list of programs will appear on the screen. Now, look for any suspicious or unknown application
5. Once you identify any such app, click on it once, and you’ll notice an option “uninstall” or “remove
6.”. Click on it, and if any dialogue box appears, click on Yes.
7. Then, uninstalling the application will begin, and another dialogue box might appear once it’s done. Click on “Okay,” and you’re good to go!
4. Empty the recycle bin
Once all the unwanted programs, caches, and files have been deleted from your windows, you must guide yourself to the recycle bin to eliminate the Soap2day virus.
Guide yourself to the recycle bin, which is probably on your desktop Home Screen or you can search it up on the windows search option.
- On the desktop screen, right-click on the recycle bin application
- Then a drop-down menu appears, from which you must click on “empty recycle bin, “ and then the dialogue box appears asking you to click “okay” to confirm.
Do so, and you are good to go!
5. Delete for macOS
- Click on the menu bar and select “Go. “ Then click on “Applications. “
- After clicking on the application folder, a list of applications will be shown. Search for any suspicious, malicious app which you do not remember installing
- Then, Click on any such app and drag it to the trash icon.
- Or you can simply right-click on the application, and a list of options appears. From their click on “move to trash.”
6. Delete for Microsoft Edge
- Open the Microsoft Edge web browser window and try searching for three horizontal dots at the top right corner of the browser window.
- Click on those three dots, and the drop-down menu box will appear. Look for the “extension“‘ option and click on it
3. A list of extensions will appear. Look for the suspicious one and click on the gear icon beside that extension.
4. Another dialogue box will open. Now click on uninstall at the bottom of the dialogue box, and your extension will be removed.
- Click on the three dots again and look for the option “privacy and security.”
- The “privacy and security“ window will open. Click on the “Choose what to clear” option below the “clear browsing data“ option.
- Look through all the options and tick the checkboxes. Remember not to delete the passwords! Other than that, thoroughly review the list and click on the checkboxes. Then click on “clear, “ and you are all done with erasing the caches.
Restore the new tab and change MS Edge homepage settings
- Click on the three horizontal lines at the top right corner of the browser window
- A drop-down list will appear, where you must click on “settings.”
- Then the “settings” window will open. Then look for the “On startup“ section.
- If you find any suspicious unwanted domain, click on it, and you’ll see an option “disable.”
- Disable it.
7. Reset MS Edge
If all the above steps did not work for you, then here is another option for you:
- On your keyboard, press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open the “TaskManager“ window
- Look for the “details“ tab and click on it
- Now scroll down and search for files with Ms. Edge’s name on it
- Right-click on those files, and a drop-down list will appear
- Click on “End Task“ to stop MsEdge from operating
8. Delete for Internet explorer
- Open the Internet Explorer browser and click on the settings icon, which looks like a gear at the top right corner of the browser window.
- When the setting menu opens, click on “manage add-ons.”
- On clicking it, the “manage add-ons “ window opens
- Now, look for suspicious extensions or plug-ins
- Click on them to disable them. Then a dialogue box appears where you must click on “disable,” and they’ll be erased.
9. Delete for Chromium-based edge
- Open the browser and search for the three horizontal dots on the window’s top right corner.
- Click on the three dots, and from the drop-down list, click on “settings.” Then click on “extensions.”
- The extension window will open. Look for unwanted extensions and click on them. After clicking on them, a “remove“ option will appear, click on that, and the extensions will be removed from the browser.
Clear cache data
- Open the browser and tap on the three horizontal dots. Then select “settings” from the drop-down list.
- The “setting“ window will appear. Then click on the “privacy and service” option.
- Click on “Choose what to clear” below the “clear browsing data“ option.
- A new window named “clear browsing data“ will appear
- Then choose “all-time” in the “time range“ drop-down menu
- Tick the checkboxes and click on “clear now, “ and all your cache data will be erased from your browser.
10. Reset Chromium-based MS Edge
- At the top right corner of the browser, tap on the three vertical dots.
- A drop-down list will appear from where you must click on “settings.”
- Now the settings window will open. From there, click on Reset settings on the left side of the window
- Click on “Restore settings to the default values.”
- A small window appears where you must click on “reset,” and you are good to go
11. Delete for Mozilla Firefox
- Open the Mozilla Firefox browser and click on the three parallel lines at the top right corner of the browser.
- A drop-down list will appear. Now look for the option “Add ons” and click on that.
- A new “add on manager“window with a list of extensions will appear.
- Now look through the list of extensions and select the unwanted ones and click on “remove. “
- The unwanted extensions will be removed from the site
Reset the Mozilla Firefox homepage
- Click on the three horizontal lines at the top right corner of the browser to open the drop-down menu list.
- From the list, click on the “option. “
- A new tab for “options” will open. Under the “home“ section, type down your preferred websites that will open whenever you open the Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Open the Firefox Mozilla browser and click on the three horizontal lines at the top right corner of the browser.
- Click on “menu” and then click on “options.”
- Then the “options” window appears. On that window, click on the “privacy and security“ tab.
- Scroll down and click on “cookies and site data.”
- Then click on “clear data.”
- Tick off the checkboxes for “cookies and site data” and “cached web content.”
- Then finally, click on “clear, “ and you are good to go.
12. Reset Mozilla Firefox
If the above steps did not work for you, you could reset Mozilla Firefox:
- Open the Mozilla Firefox browser and click on the three horizontal lines at the top right corner of the browser window for the menu drop-down list.
- Click on the “Help“ option, and then another drop-down list appears, where you must click on “Troubleshooting information.”
- Now a new tab for “troubleshooting information“ will open. Click on “Refresh Firefox” below the “Give Firefox a tuneup” section.
- Then a small pop-up window appears for you to confirm the process. Click on “Refresh Firefox.”
13. Delete from the Google Chrome extension
- Open the Google Chrome browser and click on the three vertical dots at the top right corner of the browser.
- A drop-down list appears. Now click on “more tools,” which leads to another drop-down list, where you must click on “extensions.”
- A new tab opens for extensions.
- Select all the suspicious and unwanted extensions that might be related to the malicious program installed on your device.
- Then click on “remove, “ and the selected extensions will be deleted.
Clear cache and web data from a chrome
- Tap on the three vertical dots at the top right corner of the browser
- The drop-down list appears. Now click on “settings.”
- The setting window opens. Then click on “Clear browsing data” below the “privacy and security” option.
- Click on the check boxes for “Browsing history, “cookies,” and other site data, as well as “cached images” and other Files.
- Then click on “clear data” at the bottom of the window.
Change the Chrome Homepage
- Tap on the three horizontal lines at the top right corner of the browser window. The drop-down menu list will appear.
- Click on “settings.” The “settings“ tab will open.
- Now under the “On startup” section, look for suspicious files or websites.
- If you find any such suspicious websites, click on them and then click on the three dots beside them.
- Now click on “Remove.”
14. Reset Google Chrome
If the previous methods did not help you, try resetting Google Chrome to eliminate all the unwanted elements.
- Click on the three horizontal lines at the top right corner of the browser window. Then click on “Settings” from the drop-down menu
- Then the “Settings“ tab will open. Then click on the Advanced tab
- Then under the “Reset and Clean up” section, click on “Restore settings to their original defaults.”
- Then a pop-up window appears. Click on “Reset settings.”
15. Delete Extensions from Safari
- Open the safari browser.
- Click Safari or the main menu icon, and a drop-down list appears.
- Now click on “preferences.”
- Then click on “extensions,” and a new window appears for “extensions.”
- Select the unwanted extensions and click on “uninstall.”
- Click on safari browser
- Click on the safari main menu option. Then the drop-down list appears again. Now click on “clear history.”
- A drop-down menu will appear. Click on “all history.”
- Then click on “clear history,” and you are good to go.
16. Reset Safari
If the above steps did not help you, then you must try resetting Safari
- Click on the Safari menu icon and then click on “Preferences. “
- Then click on the Advanced tab.
- Tick off the checkboxes under the “Show develop menu“ in the menu bar
- Then from the menu bar, click on “Develop,” and a drop-down list appears on which click on “Empty Caches.”
Despite all the nefarious activities, if you still plan to visit the website, you are advised to get a VPN service that helps keep your online activities as private as possible.
But that doesn’t act like a complete guard and protect you from all the secret, nefarious activities. Visiting the website would still put your Windows security at risk.
Keep away from those ads or pop-ups to avoid shady works behind your back!
1. Last night, I was on the website of Soap2Day, and it showed me on the screen that I had two viruses on my phone. Should I be worried?
No, there’s nothing to worry about. But if you want, you can scan your computer using a trustworthy anti-virus.
What was displayed on the screen was a pop-up ad from some antivirus company to fool you. You should never click on those misleading pop-up ads. If you ever get any virus on your device, it will always display on the notification panel or as an alert but never on any website. Websites do not have access to your device, so they would never know if it is infected.
2. Is it safe to watch movies on Soap2day?
It is never completely safe to watch on any such free website. But as long as you do not download anything from the website or click on any misleading pop-up ads, you are still comparatively on the safer side. But again, you are never completely safe from these websites because your device might get unwanted viruses or other uninvited guests.
3. Will the police officer visit me if I continue to watch on soap2day?
The violator of the law is the site and not the person watching the content from the site. The cops would visit them if needed but not the users. What is illegal on your end is downloading unwanted files and redistributing or sharing them. Prevent that, and no cops will pay you any visit.
4. Will soap2day give my device a virus?
The website technically doesn’t give you the virus; it is the pop-up ads or the unwanted programs that you mistakenly download from the website. You can try using an ad blocker to prevent such unwanted pop-up ads. It is best advised not to use sites that show pop-up ads.