Purchased Steam games will be added to your Steam library automatically. Any game in the Valve Steam library can be viewed, installed, played, or uninstalled. Steam allows you to organize your games into multiple categories.
In Valve’s Steam library, you may also hide games. Many games are inappropriate for children of all ages. You can keep these games hidden from other Steam users that have access to your account.
Users can also choose to hide games that they don’t play. It reduces the number of titles in their Steam library. The games can also be removed from the user’s account.
Difference Between “Hide And Remove” Free To Play Games From Steam Library?
Just like the name suggests, “Hiding” can be reversed. It is temporary because it does not delete the game but only hides for a while. When you hide a Steam game from the usual library views, it remains hidden.
With a few clicks, everyone can see the game, and you can unhide it in the future. There’s even a hidden game to play. It’s merely a convenient way to sweep a game under the rug for the time being.
Removing something is irreversible. Removing a game means deleting all the files of a particular game from the Steam library. When you remove /delete a game from your Steam library, it’s gone forever.
The game will not be added to your library. Previously, you had to contact Steam customer care and request this, but now you can delete games with only a few clicks. You’ll need to repurchase the game if you want to play it again in the future.
Why Do You Need To Remove Game From Steam Library?
You might be asking why a Valve Steam user would want to remove a game from their collection. I understand that having a more significant collection on the platform has only advantages.
Free games on Valve’s Steam do not count toward your total of owned games. It means that maintaining them in your library does not give you XP or badge progress.
You might wish to delete one of those free games from your collection after you’ve finished it. The steam becomes less cluttered and easier to navigate as a result.
The primary purpose for removing games is to make the collection more organized. Another reason is to maintain your library secure for all ages of users. It is especially crucial if you have younger siblings that use your account.
You’re a parent who has a joint account with your kids. Is it better to hide or remove a game from your Steam collection in these situations? In the following section, we’ll look into that question more.
How To Hide A Steam Game?
By purchasing or playing free games, your Steam collection grows significantly. You can use the hide option to hide games that you don’t play anymore. Hide games in your Steam library in the same way you hide folders and files on your computer. With a few clicks, you can always see and unhide hidden games.
- By double-clicking the shortcut or using the Windows search tool, you can access your Steam client.
- Now select Library from the drop-down menu. Then right-click on the game you need to hide and select Hide from the menu.
- Select “Manage” and then “Hide this game” from the drop-down menu.
- The game and files will be removed from the Steam library as a result of this action. By selecting View from the View menu, you may see the hidden games. Select the option for Hidden Games.
- All of the hidden games will be revealed as a result of this. Right-click on the game to show it again.
- Select “Manage” and then “Remove from Hidden” from the drop-down menu.
How To Permanently Remove “Free To Play” Games From The Library?
When you remove titles from your Steam library, you’re also removing them from your Steam account. By removing the game from the Steam account, we mean uninstalling it. It’s pretty easy and quick to do.
Keep in mind that uninstalling the game will also uninstall it from your computer. You’d like to save the game for future accounts. Before you remove the game, make a backup.
Remove a game from the Steam account. It’s easier to uninstall a free game on Steam than it is to uninstall a paid game. Both ways are demonstrated below.
Remove A Game From Your Steam Library Free Games.
- Sign in to your Steam account by opening the Steam client on your PC.
- To access your game library, go to the top bar menu and select Library.
- Remove the free game from your account by right-clicking it, selecting Manage, and removing it from your account.
- Before implementing the modification, Steam will ask you to confirm your decision.
- The game will be removed from your collection after you click Remove. You can re-add as long as the game is still available on the Steam Store.
Remove A Game That You’ve Paid For.
You don’t unintentionally delete a game that you bought for. It is still possible to permanently delete a purchased game.
- Open the Steam client on your PC and select Help, then Steam Support from the top bar menu.
- Use the search box at the base of the screen, locate the game you wish to delete. The game will be listed in the “Recent” area at the panel’s top if you have recently played it.
- After you’ve found the game, click it to bring up a menu of options.
- “I wish to remove this game from my account permanently” is the last option on the list.
- Before the game is completely removed from your collection, you must give one last confirmation.
- If you select “OK, permanently remove the mentioned titles from my account,” the title will be removed from your collection.
- You’ll have to repurchase it from the Steam Store to get it back into your library. Along with the core game, all downloadable and supplementary content will be withdrawn.
Steam is a fantastic gaming platform. Hiding a game is a crucial component for better organization and navigation. You now know how to hide titles from your Steam library after reading this post. Also, how to remove both free and premium games from your collection permanently.
Why Cannot I Remove Some Games From My Steam Library?
Select the Library option. Then right-click on the game you need to uninstall and select Manage from the menu. Option to remove yourself from the account. Delete a game from your Steam account. It will display a warning page with the necessary information. To permanently remove the game from your account, click the Remove option.
How Do I Remove Game Activity From The Steam Profile?
A Steam account’s games cannot be deleted. You can delete the game. Right-click on its name and select “Delete local content. Adjust your game list to only show installed games. To do so, go to the upper left-hand corner and click “Show.”
How Do You Remove A Game From Your Steam Library Achievements?
Remove or delete the game from the Steam collection permanently. After that, select help and then support. Select the game you wish to get rid of. Your achievements and rewards will be saved as you progress through the game. However, you must repurchase the game that you deleted from your Steam library.
Why Can’t Remove Games From Steam Library?
In Steam, go to your profile. Click “Profile” after hovering over your username in the top bar. Set “Game details” to “Private” to hide gaming information. Even your buddies won’t be able to see what you’re up to. Also, any games you own or have on your wishlist.