Ever logged in to your Instagram account on someone else’s device and forgot to log out? If that happened to you, then your worry is understandable. But, everything has a solution if you remember your credentials. For instance, you can either change your password or log out from another device.
If you are not quite sure about how to do that, do not worry! To rescue you from such circumstances, here is a quick guide. You can follow any of the mentioned methods ahead that suit your situation the best. So let’s get started with the methods on How To Log Someone Out Of Your Instagram before it’s too late.
Reasons To Log Out Of Instagram Of All Devices
Social media accounts hold an immense amount of personal information. As a result, these platforms provide you with a password feature. It safeguards your account. Leaving the account logged in on devices that you no longer use can lead to a big disaster.
Thus, it’s always wise to log out of your account from other devices. If you still do not understand its importance, let us draw a clear picture. Here are some of the reasons that can help you in understanding the consequences for the same:
- Anyone can stumble upon the already logged-in account. Also, they can misuse the found information, messages, voice notes to their advantage.
- If you have archived posts that you do not want to share with the world, the hacker can leak them to the public. In the worst-case scenario, they can use the archived posts to blackmail you.
- With an already logged-in account, it gets easier for the hacker to hack into your account in the future as well.
- The hacker can tarnish your image by misbehaving with the people connected to you.
- Your account being misused by someone else is unsafe for you and the people who follow you.
- Things might go to a great extent that it might become impossible for you to recover your account.
How To Log Someone Out Of Your Instagram
- Log Out Of Your Instagram Account
- Reset Your Instagram Password
- Log Out Of All Devices
How To Log Out Of Instagram On All Devices?
1. Use The Logout Option
It’s obvious that the person you took the device from must not be a stranger. So, asking for their device to log out of your Instagram account should not be hard. If you manage to get your hands on the device on which you logged in to your Instagram account, you only need to log it out. But, to log out, you should know the step-by-step process. Here are the steps for the same:
- Launch the Instagram application if that’s where you had logged in to your account. But, if you use the website, then open the browser that you used and go to the official website of Instagram.
- Now click on the profile picture of the account that you want to log out of.
- You will see three horizontal lines on the top right corner of the screen. Click on the horizontal lines.
- A small menu will appear in front of you. Open the Settings option from that menu.
- Scroll all the way down, and you will see Log Out in blue colour.
- Click on the Log out option. A “Log out of Instagram?” a dialogue box will appear.
- Before tapping on Log out, remove the tick from the box that states, “Remember my login info.”
Removing the check-mark will make sure that the device and app won’t remember login information. So, no one will be able to log into it without your consent.
Remember that if you have multiple browsers, apps, and devices, you will have to perform this step on each one. Logging out on one app or device, will only log out from that specific platform.
2. Change Password For Account Login
Do you want to log out of all the devices simultaneously? There’s a single method that will allow you to do so.
The easiest way to log out from all the other devices is to reset your Instagram password. Once you change it, Instagram will log out your account from other devices by default. If you do not know the process of changing your password, follow these steps:
- Launch the Instagram application or its official website, whatever suits you the best.
- Login to your account if you are not already logged in. Now tap on your profile picture icon on the bottom right corner of the screen.
- In the upper right corner, you will see three horizontal lines. Click on them to open the menu bar.
- A small menu bar will appear; tap on the Settings option.
- You will encounter plenty of options. Click on the Security option.
- The first option that will display on the screen will be Password. Tap on it.
- Three empty fields will appear, “Current password,” “New password,” and “New password, again.” Fill them up according to your preferences.
- After you fill all the fields, the tick on the top right corner will become visible with blue colour. Tap on it to save the changed password.
Once you have changed your password, your account will get logged out on other devices. In some versions, the Instagram app will ask you if you want to log out of all other devices. This feature has become popular in almost every app. So, you can choose the step to log out of all other devices.
3. Log Out Of All Devices – Use The Login Activity
It’s possible that you are unable to confront the person to log out of your account from their device. After all, that’s why you are going through the methods of doing it on your device by yourself. Is there a way where you don’t have to reset your password? You might have come up with a great password and don’t want to change it.
There are many reasons for it, like forgetting the new password. Good news is that you can indeed log out of all devices by using a personal device. Yes, you can do it without resetting your password. All you have to do is follow the instructions given below:
- Launch the Instagram application on your mobile or visit the official website.
- On the bottom, you will see the profile picture of the account that you want to log out of. Tap on it.
- Take your pointer to the top right side of the screen, where you will find three horizontal lines. Click on them.
- A menu bar will appear. Choose the Settings option among all the other options.
- Now go to the Security and from there, tap on the Login activity option to see where your account is active.
You will get all the details on the current status of your Instagram account. In other words, a list of locations and the devices on which your account is active will display on your screen.
- Now, all you need to do is identify the device from which you want to log out of your account. Once you know the device, click on the three dots at the right of the location of that device.
- A dialogue box will appear; click on the Log out button.
As soon as you hit the logout button, it will end the session on that device. Your account will no longer remain active on that device.
There will also be a confirmation message. It will say ‘This was me,’ or ‘this wasn’t me.’ These options will also help you log out of the devices.
Conclusion – Log Out Of Instagram Account
So these were some of the ways that can help you log out of your account from all the other devices. They could come in handy if you forgot to log out from someone else’s device. But, there are some minute details to keep in mind. For example, do not forget to uncheck the Remember my login infobox while hitting the logout button.
Suppose you fail to uncheck it, what will happen? The other person can log in to your account without having to type the password. As a result, they can hack your account and misuse it. In some cases, you might not be able to log out of your account from other devices. If that’s the case, then you can write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or seek help from Instagram’s help centre.