Roku is an excellent source of entertainment for TV shows and movies. However, it gets annoying when you try to find your favorite channel from the long list of unwanted channels. If you’re reading this article, I’m sure you’re looking for ways to remove these unwanted channels from your Roku device.
Well, in that case, you’re at the right place because, in this article, we will be enlisting some solutions to remove unwanted channels from Roku. Plus, there are other ways to avoid wasting time scrolling through unwanted channels. So let’s get straight into it.
Methods to Remove Apps From A Roku Player
- Channel Lineup
- Roku Channel Store
- Roku Phone App
- Roku Application
Remove Channels via Channel Lineup
This is the most straightforward way of removing channels from your Roku device. However, the steps of the process might differ slightly depending on the device you are using. Here are the steps to remove channels from Roku from Channel Lineup:
- Go to Roku’s home screen.
- Find the channel that you want to remove and press the star button.
- After pressing the star button, the channel details will open. Go to the menu of that channel.
- Scroll down to the remove channel option, click on it, and press OK. (The channel will be removed from your home screen)
Remove Channels via Roku Channel Store
You can remove your unwanted channels from the Channel store if you want another method. The Channel store displays all the channels that are downloaded on Roku. Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Go to the menu on the left and scroll down to find the streaming channels option.
- After finding it select it and press OK to open the Channel Store.
- In your streaming channel list, find the channel you want to remove.
- Once you find it, select it and press OK to open that channel’s details.
- Find the remove channel option and select it. A confirmation will appear on the screen press Remove to confirm the removal for that channel.x
Remove Channels via Roku Phone App
Another quick way to remove a channel on your Roku device is using your phone app. To do this, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Launch the Roku Mobile App on your Android or iOS mobile device.
- Select the Channels option from the bottom of the app’s home screen.
- Go to My Channels at the top of the screen to open the channel list.
- Find the channel you want to remove and then long-hold it to open its menu.
- Tap Remove from the channel menu.
- Confirm the removal by pressing OK. (The channels will now be removed from both your app and the TV)
Note: Make sure you have opened the same Roku account on the TV.
Removing Channels via Remote With Roku App
The Roku app also has a remote control feature that you can use to remove channels from your TV. You need to ensure both devices are connected to the same wi-fi network; otherwise, this method won’t work. Here are the steps for this solution:
- Open the Roku App, tap on the Devices option, and then select the Channels option.
- Now, go to the Channel Store option at the top of the screen.
- Now find the channel you want to remove.
- Tap on it and then select Remove.
How to Hide Channels on Roku?
If you don’t want to remove it and want it not to appear in the channel list, you can hide that channel. To hide a channel on Roku, follow these steps:
- Go to Roku’s menu and select the home screen.
- Select the arrow in the right corner.
- Then select TV store and Movie store and press hide.
How to Add Channels to Favorite List on Roku?
If you don’t like to scroll through the list of channels on Roku to find your favorite channel, you can create a streaming channel section of your favorite channels.
- Turn on your Roku device and go to the channel list. Here you will find all the channels installed on your device.
- Select the Guide option from the top of the list.
- Select the channel you want to add to your favorites list from the channels list.
- After highlighting it press the OK button on the remote to open the options panel.
- From the list of options, scroll down and find your favorite channel.
- After finding it select it and press OK on the remote.
How to Enable Favorite Channel Option on Roku?
If you can’t see the favorite option on your Roku Device, it’s probably because you haven’t enabled it yet. In such a case, you can follow these steps to enable the favorite option on your device.
- Open the settings of the Roku Device from the home screen.
- From the setting, select TV Input and find the input where you’re currently using your Roku device. (This would be a little different if you have a Roku TV, so you can skip to the next step)
- Now from the settings, select your favorite channel.
- After selecting it, you will see a box with the text enable favorite channel next to it. Press OK to enable your favorite channel.
Note: For older Roku devices, you would have to restart the device to see the change that has been applied. If you still can’t see the changes even after restarting the Roku device, there must be some problem with your device.
The process for removing a channel from Roku is very simple, and you can use any of the solutions mentioned above to remove your unwanted channel from Roku.
However, if you don’t want to delete them, you can try hiding the unwanted channels or adding your favorite channels to the favorite list so you can access them easily.