The Instagram app automatically saves your logging details and remembers your account. You log back in with a single tap and you do not have to enter your account username and password again. If you give your smartphone to someone, the other person can log into your Instagram account.
Suppose, you have logged into your Instagram from someone’s device. You have to remove your account immediately and prevent the person from logging into your Instagram. In this article, we will illustrate how to remove a remembered account on Instagram on any device.
What is a Remembered Account?
When you save your username and password on the Instagram app, your account becomes a remembered account. Once your Instagram account becomes a remembered account, you do not have to enter your login details the next time you log into your account.
With a single tap, you can log in and land on your Instagram profile. This remembered account feature is highly useful when you have multiple Instagram accounts. You can switch between them swiftly without entering logging details again and again.
How To Remove A Remembered Account On Instagram?
- Remove a Remembered Account on Instagram from Android Mobile Phone
- Remembered Account on Instagram from iPhone
- Remove a Remembered Account on Instagram from PC
- Remove a Remembered Instagram Account Login Info From Facebook
- Remove a Remembered Instagram Account Saved Login Data From Your Device
Remove a Remembered Account on Instagram from Android Mobile Phone
There are two different ways to remove Instagram remembered accounts from your Android phone.
1. Log Out of Instagram Account
If you are already logged into your Instagram account, take the following steps.
- Launch Instagram app on your device.
- Go to your Instagram Profile page.
- Tap on three-dash(hamburger) icon at the top right corner and go to Settings.
- Go to Logins section and tap on “Log Out” option. If you have saved multiple Instagram profiles, you can tap on “Log out of all accounts”.
- On the pop-up confirmation box, make sure “Remember My Login Info” option is turned off. Then tap on Log Out button.
You will be logged out of your Instagram account and your login info will no more be remembered. This means you have successfully removed your remembered Instagram account.
There is another scenario where you have logged out previously. You can remove your remembered Instagram accounts on the login screen itself by taking the followings steps.
- Open Instagram app and you must see your remembered Instagram accounts waiting for your tap to get logged in.
- Tap on three-dot icon located beside the Log In button against the remembered Instagram account that you want to remove.
- Tap on Remove option and on the pop-up message, tap on Remove option again.
You can take the above-mentioned to remove as many remembered Instagram accounts as you have.
2. Change Your Instagram Password
When you change your Instagram password, your remembered account will be removed from all the devices except your own device. This is useful when you have logged into your Instagram from someone else’s device. Here are the steps to follow to change your Instagram password.
- Open Instagram app and go to your Profile page.
- Tap on three-dash icon at the top-right corner and tap on Settings.
- Tap on Security and then select Password option.
- Enter your current password and enter new password and save the settings.
Your remembered Instagram details will be removed from all devices except yours.
2. Remove a Remembered Account on Instagram from iPhone
If you are using Instagram from your iPhone, there is an option called Saved Login Info. If you turn off the option and log out of your Instagram profile, it will no more be remembered. Here are the steps you need to take.
- Open Instagram app on your iPhone and go to your Profile page.
- Tap on three-dash icon at the top-right corner.
- Go to Settings and tap on Privacy and Security option.
- Move to Security Section and tap on Saved Login Info.
- Toggle it off so that Instagram does not save your login info when you log back in.
- You will get a pop-up confirmation message, tap on Remove there too.
- Now, go back to Settings and tap on Logout option.
- You may be again asked Remember Login Info. Tap on Not Now option.
You should now have successfully logged out and your remembered Instagram account is removed.
3. Remove a Remembered Account on Instagram from PC
If you are using Instagram from a PC, you are using it from your web browser. The web version of Instagram has very limited features but the feature of remembering account is available.
When you log into your Instagram profile from your web browser, it specifically asks if you want to save the login info. If you save info, your Instagram account will be remembered by your web browser and you can log back in without entering your username and password. Here are the steps you need to take to remove a remembered account on Instagram from your PC.
- Open Instagram on your web browser.
- Go to your Profile page by clicking on your Profile Icon at the top-right corner and selecting Profile option.
- On your Profile page, click on Gear icon beside Edit Profile button.
- On the pop-up options, click on Log Out option.
- You should be on Instagram Login page where you can see Continue button to log back in with a single click. Just below Continue button, click on Remove Account button.
- A pop-up confirmation will appear, click on Remove button again.
This will remove the remembered account and you have to log back in with your username and password. But this time, do not save info when asked.
4. Remove a Remembered Instagram Account Login Info From Facebook
Facebook is currently the owner of Instagram. Hence, there is an option to log in to Instagram using Facebook account credentials. If you have done the same, you have to take the following steps to remove your remembered Instagram account.
- Open Facebook app on your Android or iPhone app.
- Tap on the three-dot icon at the top-right corner.
- Select Log Out option. You will be logged out of your Facebook account.
- Go to Instagram app and you will see that your remembered Instagram account is removed and you have to log in with Instagram account details.
5. Remove a Remembered Instagram Account Saved Login Data From Your Device
Instagram saves the login details of your Instagram accounts on your device under app storage. If you clear the app storage of Instagram, all the saved details of Instagram will be cleared.
This means your remembered Instagram account will be removed as the saved account credentials will be cleared. Here are the steps to follow.
- Open Settings app on your device.
- Go to App or Apps & Notifications option. This option can vary depending on your device.
- From the list of apps shown, find Instagram and tap on it.
- Tap on Store and tap on Clear Data or Clear Storage option.
Now you can check the Instagram app to find out that the saved login details and options are removed.
How to Prevent Instagram from Saving Your Login Details?
When you log into your Instagram account for the first time and when you are asked to save login info, always decline and turn off the option. This is applicable for both the Instagram app as well as the web browser. From you are logging in from a web browser, if your web browser prompts to save username and password, do not save it.
On the iOS app, there is an option to explicitly stop saving login info which we have already started. You can turn off the option from Settings> Privacy & Security> Saved Login Info.
On the Android app, you have to log out of your account and you will be asked if you want your login info to be remembered by the app. When prompted, you have to decline the remembering login info.
Can I Have An Account Remembered Again?
Yes, you can have an account remembered again. You need to log out and log back in and this time, let Instagram remember your login info when prompted. On iOS app, go to Settings> Privacy & Security> Saved Login Info and turn it on so that you can have an account remembered again.
How To Remove All Accounts From The Instagram App?
Go to your Profile page and go to Settings. From Settings, go to Accounts Centre followed by Accounts & Profiles. Select the accounts that you want to remove and Remove them from Account Centre. Thereafter, go to Profiles > Settings> Log Out of All Accounts option.