Have you been facing problems playing your favorite game with your game controllers or listening to audio files? Sometimes, everything might look okay on the outside with cables and so on.
Yet the driver software or the audio device might create substantial problems which might not be cured by just restarting your PC or laptop. The troubleshooter dialog box of the Control Panel can come in handy in such situations, which might be able to scan and identify the threat.
Nevertheless, here’s a step-by-step guide that will help you reinstall the audio drivers in Windows 11 and the smooth running of your PC.
reinstall audio drivers on windows; here is how to do it:
- Easy Methods to Reinstall an Audio Driver on Your PC
- Diagnose the Problem First before Fixing Audio Drivers’ Sound Issues
- Install the Realtek High Definition Audio Driver
- Reinstall the Sound driver with Ease from Control Panel
- Fix the issue suffering incorrect Intel audio driver
- Update the Audio driver in your PC’s Device Manager
- Optimize your Microsoft system fast and efficiently
- Read for Preventing websites, ISP, and other parties from tracking you
- Recover the missing driver with ease
1. Easy Methods to Reinstall An Audio Driver on Your PC
You might likely encounter sound problems if the audio driver’s sound card is outdated. Such situations can also arise if some sound settings are incorrect.
The most reliable way to fix those sound issues on your Windows 11 PC is to reinstall the Realtek High Definition Audio Driver. Nonetheless, read on to find a more in-depth guide to a few other device options which you might want to try to troubleshoot the sound problems.
2. Analyze the Problem First before Fixing Audio Drivers’ Sound Issues
Before we begin to install, you should be sure if the culprit of the problem is the Audio driver. You can inspect that by the below-mentioned steps:
- Right-click on the Windows button in the taskbar. Select Device Manager from there.
- You can also do the abovementioned step by pressing Windows+ R from the keyboard. Then type
and press Enter to open the Device Manager window.
Expand the button that says Sound, video, and game controllers.
Find the Realtek High Daudio driver in the definitionAudio from the drop-down menu. If the icon is marked with a yellow exclamation mark, then the culprit of the current sound issues on the system.
3. Install the Realtek High Definition Audio Driver
Now that we have identified our issue let us move on with cracking it. Follow the steps detailed down below:
1. Press the Windows key and R simultaneously to open the Run dialog box.
devmgmt.msc in it and press Enter or click on the OK button.
3. You can right-click the Windows button from the taskbar and select Device Manager.
4. This will open up the Device Manager window.
5. Expand the Sound, video, and game controllers button.
6. Right-click on the Realtek High Definition Audio Driver to select the Uninstall device option.
7. You might be asked for confirmation.
8. Mark the box next to Delete the driver software for this device to initialize and press OK to uninstall the device.
9. Following that, reboot your PC.
10. Again, open the Device Manager dialog box as explained before.
11. Click to expand the Sound, video, and game controllers option.
12. Right-click on the button that says Realtek High Definition Audio Driver. Click Scan for hardware changes for troubleshooting additional sound issues.
13. If your Windows 11 system fails to detect the lost driver and install its latest version automatically, you’ll have to guide to the official Realtek website, the Manufacturer’s Website, and download the latest version of the Audio device driver fitting with your Windows 11 PC.
4. Reinstall the Sound driver with Ease from Control Panel
Here is a method to reinstall audio driver Windows directly from the Control Panel-
- Open the Start menu or taskbar search field and type
- Press Enter key and open the Programs and Features screen window.
- Find the audio driver entry from the drop-down menu. Right-click on the audio driver. Following that, choose the Uninstall option.
- Choose Yes to continue with uninstalling the device.
- When the driver is removed, reboot your Windows PC.
- Download the latest sound driver version and install it on your PC or laptop.
5. Fix the issue suffering incorrect Intel audio driver
Microsoft believes the sound problem appears because of the incorrect audio driver, which might arrive included in the update. If the above-given methods didn’t assist you yet, test the following steps on your Windows OS:
- Go to the Device Manager category, and from the drop-down menu, open the button that says Sound, video, and game controllers section.
- Look for the Realtek device (the icon will have a yellow triangle with a “?” sign) and pick it.
- While in the View menu, select the button Devices by connection.
- Inspect the parent device.
- Then right-click the controller device and select the Properties button.
- When you are in the new window, click on the Driver tab. You can check your driver’s version from here.
- If the driver version in your PC is 22.214.171.12455, then you have the incorrect driver.
- Click on the Uninstall Devicebutton and allow changes to be made.
- Reboot your Windows 11 PC and check if the audio works; post the changes.
6. Update the Audio driver in your PC’s Device Manager
Please do not lose hope, as it might be possible for the above-noted processes to fail you. Miscellaneous users have shared this approach as useful and valuable in online support forums. Updating the driver can help to eliminate the audio issue on your Windows 11 PC or laptop.
Please follow the detailed guide below-
- First, press the Windows key and R simultaneously. This will open the ‘Run’ dialog box.
devmgmt.mscin it and press Enter or click on the OK key.
- Or you can right-click on the Windows key from the taskbar and select Device Manager. This will open up the Device Manager drivers window.
- Expand the key which says Sound, video, and game controllers section from the drop-down menu.
- Search the drive with SST, which would be a part of its name. Right-click on it and then select the ‘Update Driver’ option.
- When the new window emerges, select the Browse my computer for driver software option.
- Consequently, click Next in the operating system.
- Select the High Definition Audio key and then click on Next.
- Viola! Your Realtek audio should work perfectly now that the sound device has been corrected with the Windows update.
7. Optimize your Microsoft system fast and efficiently
Now that you have eliminated the audio issue and earned the Realtek HD Audio, you should optimize your system!
Suppose you are reluctant to inspect your computer manually because you struggle with trying to find audio issues that are slowing your PC down. In that case, you can easily search the web for optimization software.
Make sure to use tested software with proper screen instructions, which will help you improve your Windows OS system.
8. Read this for Preventing websites, ISP, and other parties from tracking you
It is advised to stay completely anonymous and prevent the ISP and the administration from spying on you. It would help if you used a Private Internet Access VPN. This will allow you to connect to the internet while being completely unspecified and anonymous.
It does so by encrypting all information, which further prevents trackers, ads, and any malicious content. Most notably, you can avoid the illegal surveillance activities that NSA and other governmental institutions are conducting behind your back.
9. Recover the missing driver with ease
Unpredictable occurrences are nothing new for Internet users. These can happen at any time while using the PC or laptop: it can turn off due to an accidental power cut, a surprising Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) can arise, or simple arbitrary Windows updates can suspend the proper working of the machine while you are away for a few minutes.
Accordingly, your schoolwork, important documents, and other relevant data might be misplaced. To recover such lost files, you can download the Data Recovery Pro. This will help scour through copies of files still available on your hard drive hence retrieving the lost files quickly and easily.
Wrapping all up!
Maintaining your PC or laptop all the while keeping a tab on its well-being can seem like a hassle sometimes, with all the system recovery and troubleshooting option menus. Yet, a net user cannot forego without removing bugs or other optional updates that might help correct their audio output device in their Windows 11 PC.
While at it, you might even go through the related issues and other options in the Drivers window like the recovery manager or check out the manufacturer’s website to learn about some additional Windows features.
Can I Uninstall The Sound Driver??
Yes, it is quite easy to uninstall the sound driver from your PC or laptop without any related problems. You can follow pointer number 3 9steps till 6) to learn more about the procedure and the driver’s window.
How Do You Reinstall Realtek’s Audio Driver?
Reinstalling Realtek Audio Driver in your Windows OS is easy without any related problems. Follow the steps in the article above in pointer number 3 or 4 to know how you can install the driver with the help of the Run dialog box or Control Panel, respectively.
How Do I Fix My Realtek HD Audio Drivers? I’ve Already Tried Installing And Reinstalling Them, And They Still Don’t Work (Windows 11)?
It is highly common for any net user to encounter sound problems if the sound card or the Audio Driver is outdated. In that case, it would be helpful to follow the steps given in the article above in pointer number 5 to know in detail how you can fix the issue yourself.