Reddit is a very interesting site that gathers people of all hobbies and skills. They come together to discuss and share their knowledge and participate in discussions. Or simply mingle with people with similar hobbies and tastes.
Here you will learn how to take advantage of this amazing new feature- Reddit Dark Mode, also called the Night Mode.
Browse Reddit In Dark/Night Mode
Reddit is a very interesting site that gathers people of all hobbies and skills. They come together to discuss and share their knowledge and participate in discussions. Or simply mingle with people with similar hobbies and tastes. This makes Reddit a great gathering place.
People browse Reddit whenever they get free time from their schedule. Especially at night, after going to bed, browsing Reddit with your Smartphone is a must. But there is one feature that makes the Old Reddit hateful- A bright theme.
Browsing any site in bright Mode, especially when the lights are off, is stressful for our eyes. But you don’t have to worry because Reddit launched the Dark Mode feature and its new design layout.
This feature is a great gospel for all night owls who love to surf late. To learn more about the dark Mode and how to enable/disable it. Then you are at the right place.
Enable/Disable Dark Mode On The Reddit Website
Surfing in bright Modes or light-themed sites has many disadvantages. The biggest one is eye strain. It is laborious and painful to watch a bright background webpage. Along with it comes distraction.
More so if the external light source is turned off. So learning to enable Dark Mode is beneficial for everyone who likes to browse Reddit at night.
- Visit the Reddit webpage(New version of Reddit).
- Click on the Avatar Profile or Username in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Under the View Options section, you will find the Dark Mode option. Toggle the button beside it to enable or disable the Dark theme.
Note that the changed view option(Dark Mode is turned On) will remain the same until you change it. If you close the Reddit tab or log out, then Re-login, the dark Mode will remain unchanged. You don’t need to toggle the Dark Mode button every time you start to surf Reddit.
How To Enable Dark Mode On Reddit On Chrome?
Google Chrome is the leading Internet browser in the world today. Suppose you are an all-time user and use Chrome to handle all your Internet-related tasks. Then learning how to enable/disable Reddit Dark Mode is easy for you. Follow the guideline given below.
- Launch Google Chrome on your PC.
- Type in “www.reddit.com” in the address bar, then press the Enter key.
- Now click on the Profile Avatar or Profile Username found in the upper right corner.
- Find the Dark Mode option under the View Options section. Toggle the button to enable/disable Reddit Dark Mode.
How To Enable Dark Mode On Reddit On Firefox?
If you prefer Mozilla Firefox over other web browsers, you can follow the step-by-step instructions below and enable Dark Mode on Reddit. It is very straightforward to deal with it.
- Launch the Mozilla Firefox web browser on your PC.
- Go to the Reddit site.
- From the upper right corner, select the Profile Avatar/Username.
- Find the Dark Mode option under the View Options section. Toggle the button to enable or disable the Reddit Night Mode.
How To Enable Dark Mode On Reddit On Microsoft Edge?
Another good alternative web browser to visit is the Reddit site. For Microsoft Edge users, learning to enable Dark Mode on Reddit is very easy. Just follow the guideline written below, and it will be done in a very smooth manner.
- Launch the Microsoft Edge app.
- Go to the Reddit website(https://www.reddit.com).
- Click on the Profile Avatar or downward-pointing arrow from the upper right corner.
- Under the Viewing options section, toggle the On or Off button. This will enable or disable Dark Mode on Reddit.
How To Enable Dark Mode On Reddit On Safari?
Safari web browser, being the default browsing app for Apple devices, is a good alternative for the Google Chrome browser. For users who prefer to use Safari as their default browser, learning to browse Reddit in Dark Mode is very easy. Follow the guidelines to enable/disable “Reddit Night Mode.”
- Launch the Safari web browser on your system.
- Visit the Reddit site(https://www.reddit.com).
- Click on the Profile Avatar or Downward-pointing arrow from the upper right corner.
- Under the View Options section, toggle the On/Off button. This will enable/disable the “Night Mode” settings on Reddit.
How To Enable Reddit Dark Mode On Android?
Suppose you are fond of browsing Reddit on your Android Smartphone. And you want to learn how to enable Dark Mode in the Reddit App. Then you are at the right place. Follow the step-by-step guidelines and quickly learn to browse Reddit in Dark Mode. It’s super easy and super fast.
- Search for the Reddit app in Google Play Store.
- Tap on the Install option. Wait for the installation process to finish.
- Launch the Reddit App on your Android Smartphone.
- Tap on the Profile Avatar located in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Now on the options menu, tap on the Settings option.
- Scroll down the option to the Dark Mode section.
- If the Auto Dark Mode option is set to “Follow OS Setting.” Then change it to Off.
- Get back to the main screen, then re-tap the avatar profile icon.
- Now you will see a Crescent Moon icon next to the settings option. Tap on it, and the dark Mode will be activated.
- To revert to the bright Mode, re-tap on the Crescent Moon icon.
How To Enable Reddit Dark Mode On iPhone?
Reddit is a site where you can find persons with similar hobbies, current affairs discussions, or dive into the sea of social news. So most users will set a time exclusively for Reddit.
It is even more obvious for those “Otakus” or “Night Owls” who spend most of their time in front of the screen. So Reddit introduced the Reddit Dark Mode for those who browse Reddit after they have gone to bed. Follow the below step-by-step guidelines and learn how to enable Dark Mode in the Reddit app on your iPhone.
- Launch the Reddit App on your iPhone.
- Tap on the profile avatar icon on the upper-left corner of the screen.
- Search for the Settings option. You will find a crescent moon icon next to it.
- Tap on the Moon icon, which will enable the Reddit Dark Mode.
How To Enable Dark Mode On Old Reddit?
In this section, we are going to discuss the Old Reddit site. And how to browse this site in Dark Mode. Many Reddit users still visit the Old Reddit site(old.reddit.com). However, the old Reddit users will not be able to enjoy the Dark Mode feature that comes with the new Reddit site.
To better surf the old Reddit, you will need to use third-party extensions. One example of an extension(add-on) is Reddit Enhancement Suite RES Edition. This add-on will enable Dark Mode in Old Reddit. And it is compatible with Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Discord, Dev, Opera, etc.
Using Reddit Enhancement Suite
- Google “Reddit Enhancement Suite.”
- Select the first search result.
- Click on the symbol of your default browser. Or the browser you want to add this extension(Here, Chrome is selected as the default browser).
- Select the option “Add to Chrome.”
- Now visit the Old Reddit website.
- Suppose you are using the new version of Reddit. Then click on the Avatar Profile in the top-right corner. Scroll down the menu and select the “Visit Old Reddit” option.
- After opening the Old Reddit page, tap on the newly added extension.
- Tap on “Options
- N.” ow the RES Settings Console tab will open.
- Search for “Dark Mode” or “Night Mode” in the search bar. It is located on the left side of the screen.
- You will see the Night Mode option with an On/Off button. Toggle the button, which will enable or disable the Dark Mode on the Old Reddit page.
- Tap on the “Save options” button located in the top-right corner. Close the RES Settings Console tab.
- Refresh the Old Reddit page. Upon reloading, you will get the dark-themed Reddit.
There are also alternative add-ons/extensions to browse old Reddit in Dark Mode. Examples include Dark Reader and Dark Theme for Reddit. The Dark Reader provides services to multiple platforms such as Chrome, Facebook, Amazon, Youtube, Google Search, Twitter, etc. It also allows you to configure dark custom themes with brightness, contrast, and sepia.
- Download the extension package from the original site.
- Add the extension to your browser(We’re using Chrome as an example).
- Visit the Old Reddit webpage.
- Click on the Dark Reader extension.
- Toggle the Dark Mode button On/Off.
The Reddit Dark Mode is a much-awaited feature. This greatly eliminates the disadvantages of excessive eye strain and distraction during late-night surfing. Users from different platforms and systems can avail this feature. You can browse Reddit in Dark or Black Mode on your Smartphone.
Simply tap the Crescent Moon icon and toggle between the Bright and Dark Modes. Moreover, this Dark Mode setting is permanent unless you have changed the settings back to their original place.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)
How To Change Into Old Reddit Dark Mode?
The Old Reddit doesn’t provide the Dark Mode feature like the new version of Reddit. So much so that you need to use third-party add-ons to change the Theme of Old Reddit. Examples of such extensions include Reddit Enhancement Suite RES Edition and Dark Reader.
First, you need to download the extension package and add it to your browser. Visit the Old Reddit webpage(old.reddit.com).
Now click on the extension icon located at the top of the browser. If you are using the RES Edition, you need to type in Dark Mode in the leftmost search bar.
Then toggle the button On for the Night Mode option. Then Refresh the Reddit page, and you will get a Dark Mode version of old Reddit. If you are using Dark Reader, select the On option for Reddit Dark Mode. It will automatically change the Reddit page to a Dark theme.
How To Enable Reddit Dark Mode On Pc?
First, visit the Reddit webpage and log in to your Reddit account. Select the Avatar Profile icon of the downward-pointing arrow located on the top-right corner of the screen.
Scroll down the options to the View Options section. Toggle the Dark Moe button On or Off. This will enable or disable the Dark Mode on the Reddit webpage.
How To Enable Night Mode On Reddit App?
Launch the Reddit App on your Smartphone. Log in with your Reddit account if you are not logged in. Tap the Avatar Profile icon on the top of the screen. Scroll down the options, and you will find the Settings option.
Tap the Crescent Moon icon, and the Dark Mode will turn On in your Reddit App. However, the Auto Dark Mode setting will be “Follow OS Settings.” Due to this, you will not find the Crescent Moon icon beside the settings option. Change the Auto Dark Mode settings to Off condition.