There are circumstances where you might need to delete some photos from your gallery. It can be due to an insufficient storage issue or if you want to be more organized regarding what’s on your smartphone or tablet.
Whatever the reason, you can accidentally delete some of the important photos during this process. Such instances can be upsetting, especially if you don’t know how to recover permanently deleted photos from android gallery.
Most people use Android phones and aren’t aware of those above. If you, too, are sailing in the same boat, this article is a must-read for you.
This article discusses ways to recover lost photos from the Android gallery. Therefore, at any time in the future, you stumble upon a similar or same situation, and you can find your way out of it.
How To Recover Permanently Deleted Photos From A Xiaomi phone?
Xiaomi phones are among the most used Android handsets because they provide several options for you. It has several advanced features in an affordable range, which is the main reason for its wide usage.
If you have deleted your favorite photos on a Xiaomi phone, you might think it is impossible to recover them. But that is not the case. You can try the following ways to recover the photos.
- Trash Bin
- Xiaomi Backup
- Mi Cloud
1. Trash Bin
If you recently deleted photos on a Xiaomi Phone, they will be saved in the Trash Bin/Recycle Bin for 30 days. Thus, you can easily restore these photos from the Trash Bin folder. It is an in-built function that doesn’t need to be installed on your device.
Follow the steps below to restore the photos from Trash Bin on a Xiaomi phone.
- Open the Gallery application on your phone.
- Go to the Album folder.
- Tap on the Trash Bin folder.
- Here, you’ll see all of your photos that have been deleted within 30 days.
- Select the photo that you want to recover.
- Then, tap on the Restore button. It will be on the bottom of the screen of the selected photo.
- After this, the photo will be restored to your phone’s Gallery.
2. Xiaomi Backup
In case you have used the Xiaomi Backup to save all your data, including the photos, you can easily restore them from the backup. Follow the steps below for this purpose.
- Go to the Xiaomi Backup application on your phone.
- You’ll see all of your backed-up data on this application.
- Tap on the Restore button to restore the photos to your Gallery.
Once this is done, you can easily find the photos in your Gallery.
3. Mi Cloud
Like the iPhone, Mi also has its cloud, where you can save all your photos and the rest of the internal data. You can save around 5 GB of data on this cloud, including photos, videos, recordings, and many other files.
Therefore if you have used the Mi Cloud to back up the photos and then mistakenly deleted the photos from the gallery, you can easily restore them from the cloud.
Follow these steps to restore them.
- Log in to your Mi Account with the username and password.
- Open the Settings.
- Tap on Mi Account.
- Tap on the Xiaomi Cloud option.
- Tap on Restore from the backup option.
- Then, select the Backup Image/Images option you want to restore.
- Tap on the Restore button on the screen.
Hence, these are all basic ways to restore your photos to the Gallery easily. It is always advised to back up your data, as it might not be beneficial for restoring the photos but other data.
And you have an advantage with Xiaomi phones as they have an in-built cloud for backing up. So you don’t have to go and select then install it from Google Store.
How To Recover Permanently Deleted Photos From An LG Phone?
LG phones offer additional features for taking photos under unfavorable circumstances, such as in low light. But restoring these devices’ photos can still be a little tricky.
You can try the following ways to retrieve your photos.
- LG Backup
- Trash Album
1. LG Backup
This can only be used if you have backed up the photos. And if not, then you can try the other ways, but this won’t work for you. Your LG device comes with a capable backup where you can back up photos and several other files.
Follow these steps to retrieve the photos using LG Backup.
- Go to the Setting app on your LG Phone.
- Tap on the Backup option.
- Tap on the Backup & Restore option.
- Select the file that contains the photo you want to restore on your phone.
- Then, select the photos you want to retrieve.
- Tap on the Next option.
2. Trash Album
This is another way to restore the photos, especially when you haven’t backed them up. This folder is in the Gallery Application on your phone. Therefore you don’t have to enable or install any additional app.
This feature was specifically introduced for a situation where you might accidentally delete the photo and realize it within 7 days. After this period, it is permanently deleted and cannot be retrieved from this folder.
Follow the steps below to restore the photos from the trash album on an LG phone.
- Open the Gallery app on your phone.
- Open the top left corner of the screen, and tap on the Drawer Menu icon.
- Tap on the Trash option.
- If you want to restore an entire album, tap on the restore icon on the top. And if you want to restore a particular photo, you need to select the photo and tap on the restore icon at the top of the screen.
How To Recover Permanently Deleted Photos From Android Gallery Of Huawei?
You might be annoyed when you accidentally delete an album with some important photos, or while freeing up your phone storage, you delete important photos.
If this is the case, you can try the following ways to retrieve them.
- Recently Deleted Folder
- Huawei Backup App
- Huawei HiSuite
1. Recently Deleted Folder
This option of restoring is only available if you have recently deleted the photos you are trying to restore. Huawei added this feature in the Gallery to help restore the photos that have been deleted within 30 days, but after this period, they’ll be gone for good.
Hence, don’t worry if you have recently deleted a photo and want to restore them; follow the steps below:
- Open the Gallery application on your Huawei phone.
- Tap on the Album option.
- Tap on the Recently Deleted.
- Select the photos you want to restore.
- Tap on the Restore option at the bottom of the screen.
If you can’t find the photos in this folder, they have been deleted for more than 30 days and permanently deleted.
2. Huawei Backup App
For Huawei users, it is good news that your phones have an in-built backup app where you can back up all of your files and restore them from there. Furthermore, it can also be downloaded from the Play Store.
Follow the steps below to use the Huawei Backup app to recover permanently deleted photos.
- Tap on the Backup app on your phone.
- Click on the Restore option.
- Choose the location or the folder where you want to restore the deleted photos.
- Tap on Next.
- Select the photos you want to retrieve.
- Tap on Start Restoration.
Keep in mind that for different models, the steps can be a little different than the above.
3. Huawei HiSuite
Huawei HiSuite is an Android Smart Device Manager that can be used to back up your Huawei phone’s files. You can use this option to restore the photos on your MAC or Windows PC if you have enabled this as a backup option.
Follow these steps to retrieve the photos.
- Open the HiSuite app on your phone.
- Click on the Restore option.
- Select the backup files.
- Click on the photos option.
- Click on the Restore option.
These are all the ways that can be used for Huawei devices. It provides an advantage that the company has introduced two backup applications, the Huawei Backup app and Huawei HiSuite, so you can choose between them.
How To Recover Permanently Deleted Photos From An HTC Phone?
Users love HTC phones. They have some cool and advanced features for clicking photos. But what if you somehow delete an important photo; you can restore it with the help of HTC backup.
You can use the HTC backup to protect all of your data, including the photos. You can use this feature to retrieve the deleted photos by following the below steps:
- Open Settings on your phone.
- Tap on the System or Backup & Reset option.
- Then, tap on the Restore from HTC Backup option on the screen.
- You need to sign in using the user ID and password that you have used previously to back up the photos in the first place.
- You can see the entire backup history now on the screen.
- Now, choose a backup and then tap on the Next option.
- You might need to sign in again using the name credentials.
- Next, follow the instructions to retrieve the lost data.
You’ll restore the photos once you complete all instructions properly.
So, that’s how to recover permanently deleted photos from the Android gallery.
How To Recover Deleted Pictures From Android – The Standard Ways
In the above sections, we discussed different ways for particular Android devices. But some options work for all Android devices. In this section, we’ll discuss the ways that will also work for devices not mentioned in the article.
- From Google Photos App
- From The Cloud Storage
- From The SD Card
1. From Google Photos App
Google Photos is among the most used and popular applications developed by Google. This app can back up your data, and you can easily restore it whenever you want. There is a chance that it will remove the photos that have been backed up.
But don’t worry in any scenario. You can follow the steps below to retrieve the photos.
- Open the Google Photos app.
- Select the Deleted photos.
- Tap on the three vertical dots, and tap on the Save to Device option or Restore option.
2. From The Cloud Storage
Some clouds are used for backing up the data on Android devices. Some of them are:
You can easily restore the deleted photos; if you have enabled the Dropbox automatic feature. Follow these steps:
- Open the Dropbox application on your device.
- Open the folder, which consists of the photo you are restoring. In most cases, it is the Camera Uploads folder.
- Select the photo or photos you want to restore.
- Tap on the three vertical dots and tap on the Save to Device option.
- Your photos will be restored in the Gallery on your device.
From Microsoft OneDrive App
Microsoft OneDrive is used for automatically backing up the photos and other files; it also deletes the photos that have been backed up. It will help in freeing up the internal storage for other files.
Hence, you can follow the below steps to restore the photos on Microsoft OneDrive.
- Open the OneDrive application on your device.
- Tap on the Photos from the bottom menu.
- Select the photos you want to retrieve.
- Tap on the three vertical dots and then tap on SAVE.
You can find the photos in your phone’s Gallery app.
3. From The SD Card
SD card is used for saving photos and other files so that your internal storage won’t get full. Therefore, if you somehow have deleted the photo from the device, you can always restore them from the SD card. Follow the steps below:
- You need to install the Disk Drill app.
- Connect the Card to your PC.
- Click on the Search for the lost data option to scan the photos.
- Then, the preview feature filters the photos you want to recover.
- Click on the Recover button and choose a destination where you want to restore the photo.
Your photo will be restored to the selected destination.
How to Recover Permanently Deleted Photos From Android Gallery Using DiskDigger?
DiskDigger is one of the best third-party apps to back up user data, including WhatsApp messages, photos, and other files on your device. You can easily restore permanently deleted photos with the help of this application.
Remember not to upload or use your phone for anything else while the restoring process continues. This will permanently delete the photos, which cannot be reversed.
First of all, download the app from the Google Play Store. Then, open it and tap on Allow if it asks for access to photos, media, and files.
Next, follow the steps below.
- Tap on the Start Basic Photo Scan.
- Select the photo you want to restore by tapping on the box in the top-left corner.
- Tap on the Recover option.
- Choose the folder or place where you want to restore the photo.
- Next, follow the basic instructions provided by the app to complete the restoration process.
So, here you go. In this blog, we have covered mostly all the used Android phones in this article and discussed multiple ways to recover permanently deleted photos from the Android gallery in each case.
To be safer, never delete any photos in a hurry. Always give them a second thought before selecting the photos or transferring them to a safe place because there is still a small possibility that the photos might not get restored to your Gallery again. And to be on the safer side, you should install (if your phone does not have an in-built) backup application.
This is a kind of insurance so that if you delete anything important, you can restore them anytime. Otherwise, with all the ways mentioned above, you should be able to restore the photos in almost 99% of cases.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is DiskDigger safe to use?
Like any other third-party app, DiskDigger is safe to use. It is because the application does not ask for any personal information, just access to files and photos. You can use it on any Android device, including Sony, Motorola, and more.
What is Huawei HiSuite?
It is an Android Smart Device Manager that can be used for backing up the files on your Huawei phone. You can use this option to restore the photos on your MAC or WINDOWS PC if you have enabled this as a backup option.
I didn’t delete my photos. Why can’t I access them on my phone?
If you haven’t deleted the photos and still can’t access them on your phone, then they might have automatically been deleted by the in-built backup or third-party backup application. For example, Google Photos or Microsoft OneDrive is the app that can delete the photos from your phone gallery if they have already backed up.