Sometimes people accidentally delete the photos from their android device and wonder whether there is a way to recover photos from the android recycle bin. Don’t worry; you are on the right page. We have provided many solutions for you to try so that you can recover your deleted photos.
Causes For Photos Getting Lost in Android Phones
1. Problem With the Device
If images disappear without being deleted manually, it indicates a problem with the software or the device. The problem could be your gallery not working on the android phone, malware infection, update failure, third-party software bugs, etc.
2. Not Paying Enough Attention
When people hurry, they might accidentally delete the more useful images. Not paying enough attention could get photos lost on your android device.
Steps how to recover deleted photos from android recycle bin
1. Recovering Photos From Google Cloud
Like many Android users, if you use a cloud storage service to back up your photos, your job of recovering deleted photos will be easy. You can get all these apps in Google Play Store.
Method 1: Recovering From Google Photos
It is a storage and photo-sharing app developed by Google. It safely backs up the images to the cloud so that you can restore them whenever you need them. Sometimes it automatically removes backed-up images, which causes the user to panic.
But don’t worry, recovering photos from Google Photos is simple. Follow the steps provided below to recover photos from Google Photos App.
- Open Google Photos App on your mobile phone.
- You have to select the deleted photos.
- It will show three dots. Click on the dots and select Save to the device option.
Method 2: Recovering From Microsoft OneDrive
OneDrive is Microsoft’s cloud storage service. It has an automatic photo backup and deletes feature. This helps to free up the internal memory by uploading the photos to the cloud and deleting them from the phone.
Images that are uploaded to OneDrive can be recovered from any device. This includes the device that was used to take. Follow the steps provided below to recover photos from OneDrive.
- Open the OneDrive app on your mobile phone.
- From the bottom menu, select the photos.
- Select the photos that you would like to restore.
- Click on the three dots and select the save option.
Method 3: Recovering Lost Photos From Dropbox
Users who use Dropbox used to activate the automatic photo backup feature before they accidentally lose or delete their photos. They can easily recover them without the help of a computer on their phone in simple steps.
Follow the steps provided below to recover lost photos from Dropbox
- Open the Dropbox app on your mobile phone.
- Go to the camera uploads folder. If you have moved it to a different folder, then navigate to that folder instead.
- Select the photos that you want to recover.
- Click on the three dots and select the save to device option.
Method 4: Recovering Photos From Google Drive
Since 2019, photos stored in Google Drive won’t show automatically in Google Photos. This means that one more way is available to recover them from the android gallery.
However, note that the automatic backup feature will upload photos to google photos, whether you activate it from google photos or google drive. Follow the steps provided below to recover photos from google drive.
- Open the Google Drive app on your mobile phone.
- Select the photos that you want to recover.
- Click on the three dots and tap the Download option.
2. Recovering Photos From an SD Card Inside the Android Phone
Users who use SD cards as secondary storage will have the ability to store more photos than relying on internal memory alone. But, sometimes, it could lead to losing thousands of photos simultaneously. That is why you need to look closely at recovering photos from an SD card inside the android phone.
You can recover it with the help of an SD card recovery software application. Users need to install the user-friendly and powerful photo recovery software application Disk Drill. This helps them to recover photos without third-party backup or cloud platform.
Follow the steps provided below to recover photos from an SD card.
- Download and install Disk Drill in your system.
- Then connect the SD card to your system. Click the search option to scan the card for recoverable photos.
- You can use the preview and filter option to find the photos you want to restore.
- Click on the recover button and select the destination where you would like to recover.
3. Recovering Deleted Images From Android Internal Storage Using Data Recovery Software
By default, android devices store photos in their internal storage, and these images are automatically displayed in the gallery. Based on the type of operating system, you can choose any of the methods mentioned below.
The process will be straightforward when the device is rooted and enabled USB debugging.
Method 1: For Mac Users
- You have to download Disk Drill For Mac and install it.
- While performing this, make sure you have rooted the android device and enabled USB debugging.
- Launch Disk Drill in Mac and select the android device.
- Connect the Android device to Mac. You have to grant the necessary permissions for Disk Drill.
- It will display the android device. Click search for the last data. It will start to scan. If you have not rooted the device, it will provide a warning message instead of the button. In this case, you can remove the SD card or root it to scan it separately using a memory card reader.
- Select the photos that you want to recover using Disk Drill with the help of filters and the preview feature. Click recover and select the destination where you want it to be recovered.
Method 2: For Windows Users
Unfortunately, Windows users don’t have the option to recover it from Disk Drill like Mac users. But they have another option called Wondershare’s dr.Fone. It is an image recovery software application that completes the recovery without much effort.
Follow the steps provided below to recover the images
- You have to download the Windows version of Wondershare’s dr.Fone.
- Install and launch the application but don’t connect the device.
- On the main screen, select Data Recovery. Then, connect your android device.
- Select the file type for the photos that you want to recover. Click Next and choose the storage scanning mode.
- Wait for the software to scan. Select the photos that you want to recover. You have two options either restore it to the device or recover it to the computer.
4. Recovering Photos From Trash
It will not be immediately deleted whenever you delete a photo from your phone’s gallery app. It will be moved to a recently deleted files or Recycle Bin folder section. It will stay in the trash for 30 – 60 days, depending on your Android device.
Follow the steps provided below to recover them from the trash
- You have to launch the gallery app. Then, open the Settings app.
- Expand the additional settings section, and click on the trash bin.
- Sometimes, it might be located in the albums section on the newer devices.
- Select the photos you would like to recover and click on the restore button.
- You can also check the recycle bin in the file manager to recover some deleted pictures from there.
Steps to Avoid Losing Photos on the Android Device
Just because there are many ways available for recovery doesn’t guarantee full recovery. Even with the best recovery software applications, there might be a small chance that you won’t be able to recover everything.
That is why you should avoid losing your photos on the android device. Here are the five tips which help you to avoid losing photos.
1. Backing up the phone
Having a full backup of your android device helps you recover lost photos and videos and applications, settings, and files. Even if you lose your device, you can get a new one and recover them from the backup instead of doing everything from scratch.
2. Clearing Cached Images From the Android Gallery App
Sometimes, when you click on a thumbnail in the android gallery, nothing happens. This happens when the operating system in android fails to generate thumbnails correctly. Go to the DCIM folder and delete the .thumbnails file to fix this.
You can either delete it using a disk space cleaner or a file browser.
3. Clean Up the Storage Space
When the android device has a low storage space, it will behave erratically. Sometimes your pictures might disappear, so it is better to check how much storage space you have on your android device.
If you have only a few megabytes left, then your device needs cleanup.
4. Upload Photos to Cloud Platform
Nowadays, there are many cloud storage services available. You can choose the one compatible with your Android device and offers automatic photo backups. The best part is you can recover the images from anywhere and at any time.
5. Be Careful
A backup will save you when something worst happens but don’t depend on the backup entirely. This is because most Android phones don’t have to recycle bin. You have to be very careful when you delete any photos or videos. When you are in a hurry or feeling stressed, think twice before the tap.
I hope the instructions provided above will help you recover your photos from the android device. Having a regular backup plan means you will always have a copy of your information and never lose them.
Can Permanently Deleted Files Be Recovered?
For recovering permanently deleted files, you need to have a backup copy of the files so that you can recover them. If you don’t have any backup, you have to use an effective data recovery solution.
Are Permanently Deleted Photos Gone?
In some devices, they are not gone permanently. Instead, the photos will be sent to the recently deleted album app in the Photos app. It will remain in that app for 30 days. If you wish to restore that image, you can do it within 30 days of deleting it.
Can I Recover Photos Deleted From Recycle Bin Android?
Yes, you can recover them if they are moved to the Google Cloud. With the help of google photos, Microsoft OneDrive, Google Drive, and Dropbox, you can recover the deleted photos.
Where Do Photos Go After Being Permanently Deleted?
Your photos will be moved to the trash folder. If you want, you can recover them or permanently delete the image from that section. But after 30 – 60 days, depending upon the type of android device, they will be deleted forever.