You don’t need to freak out if you’ve accidentally deleted crucial Facebook messenger conversations. The good news is that there are many simple ways to get back your deleted Facebook messages.
I’ve covered how to retrieve permanently deleted Facebook Messenger messages in this article in the easiest way possible.
Can You Retrieve Permanently Deleted Messages On Facebook?
You can not recover a Facebook message or conversation once it has been permanently deleted unless it was archived. This has been confirmed by the social network company on Facebook.
When you decide to delete a conversation on Facebook Messenger, Facebook reminds you that you will lose this conversation forever as it will be permanently deleted.
Ways To Recover Permanently Deleted Facebook Messages On Facebook Messenger
- Download your Facebook information
- With File Explorer, Restore Deleted Facebook Messages On Android
- Using Archived Threads, Recover Deleted Facebook Messages On Messenger
- For Facebook Messages, Check Your Email Notifications
- Get Back Facebook Deleted Messages On A Computer
1. Download your Facebook information
The “Download your information” function on Facebook allows you to recover permanently deleted Facebook posts as well. This feature keeps the removed content for an unknown amount of time before it is cleared from its servers completely.
- Backing up your Facebook account, including your messages, is a good idea if you ever want to save it.
- You can access your Facebook settings from the desktop app or the browser version of the app. You can also use the Messenger app to access these settings on mobile devices.
- In the upper left sidebar of your Facebook information page, click Download Your Information.
- Select the date range in the Select file options heading.
- To only get your messages, click on Deselect All under the Select data to download heading and uncheck the box next to Messages.
- Scroll down and click on the Start my download button. Facebook will email you the file when it is ready.
- Check if you are able to recover deleted messages on messenger.
2. With File Explorer, Restore Deleted Facebook Messages On Android
- Open the File Manager app on your Android phone and select Internal Storage.
- Open the folder labeled ‘Android.’ Scroll through the list of items and open the folder named ‘Android.
- Here go to the Data, then com.facebook.orca > cache > fb_temp.
- The “fb_.temp” folder contains all the backup files related to Facebook Messenger.
- It’s possible that your deleted Facebook conversations will be in the app.
3. Using Archived Threads, Recover Deleted Facebook Messages On Messenger
Oftentimes, you archive the uploaded messages instead of deleting them. In this case, you can simply restore archived Facebook chats from within folders that are set in an archive. To unarchive messages on Messenger, follow these instructions.
- Launch the Facebook Messenger application on your iPhone or Android device.
- Enter the name of the person you believe you deleted the communication within the search field.
- Unarchive the conversation by sending the person a new message once you’ve located the lost chat.
- You can recover your deleted Facebook messages with this.
To recover Facebook messages on a PC, adhere to these guidelines (messenger.com)
- Click the gear icon while Facebook Messenger is open on your computer.
- Choose “Archived threads” from the list of options.
- All of the Facebook messages that are concealed can be found here. By sending the receiver a new message, you can unarchive any of them.
4. For Facebook Messages, Check Your Email Notifications
If you have a Facebook notifications feature enabled for your account, you can try searching for the deleted message or chat in your inbox.
- All you have to do is type in the sender’s name in the search field at the top of your email inbox, and you will be able to view every message you have received from that person.
- You may not be sure whether you have received the Facebook notifications setting enabled or not.
- You can prove this by checking your notification settings.
5. Get Back Facebook Deleted Messages On A Computer
- Log in to your Facebook account in your computer’s web browser and navigate to ‘Settings.
- Go to your General Account Settings and click the ‘Download your information’ option.
- The subsequent screen contains all your Facebook posts, including remarks, likes, and reactions.
- Select the “Messages” option, then click the “Create File” button.
- You will receive an e-mail when the download process has been completed.
- Click the ‘Download’ button to the right of the file name.
- You will be prompted to enter your Facebook password upon clicking the button.
- Enter your password and select a download destination on your hard drive where you want to save the file.
- You can view your previously deleted messages by opening the file and reviewing them.
How To Create A Backup Of Your Facebook Messages Or Conversations?
Making a backup of your Facebook chats and messages is simple. You don’t need to be concerned about losing your important Facebook Messenger interactions.
In addition to communications, you can backup all of the content from your Facebook account, including posts, photos, videos, and comments, friends. You can also use third-party apps but it’s not advisable.
Both your Android or iPhone smartphone and your PC can be used to backup your texts.
- Ensure that your Facebook account is active and logged in.
- To access the drop-down menu, select “Settings & Privacy” after clicking on it.
- then select “Settings”
- Then click “Download your Information” under “Your Facebook Information” in the sidebar.
- You can select all the categories you want to create a backup for, including posts, comments, and messages.
- Then, you can choose the date range if you want to make a backup for a few days. This will reduce the download time since there will be less information to prepare.
- When you have chosen the data sources you wish to download, you must click the ‘Create File’ button, and Facebook Messenger will begin preparing your download.
- You can download the file by clicking on “download” on your device’s browser. Use your Facebook password to access the link.
- You will find the “message.html” file containing all your Facebook chats.
- You can open it and access the chats via your browser, where you can access the messages you sent.